Official: Terry Porter Fired

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Mr. Sun
General Manager
And1: 0

Re: terry porter fired 

Post#121 » by Mr. Sun » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:28 am

Doug Collins weighs in:

“Right now, the dynamics with the Phoenix Suns, there is a lot of head-scratching going on right now. This team was the darling of the city for the last four years with Mike D’Antoni, high-flying and had a wide-open style. There have been a lot of trades and changes, and I think they have more meetings in the last month than I have in my career trying to get things squared away, which is always a bad sign.”
WTFsunsFTW
Veteran
And1: 113

Post#122 » by WTFsunsFTW » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:39 am

How many times does tastic has to convince people to shut up and wait?!

I love how new people come in and demand more information that has been given. Like their litmus test is superior to everything that has gone on thus far. Really cracks me up.

Yeah, the guy with 20k posts (SDU) is going to ruin his rep for a silly rumor
COME ON!
Phoenix1977
Junior

Post#123 » by Phoenix1977 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:42 am

WTFsunsFTW wrote:How many times does tastic has to convince people to shut up and wait?!

I love how new people come in and demand more information that has been given. Like their litmus test is superior to everything that has gone on thus far. Really cracks me up.

Yeah, the guy with 20k posts (SDU) is going to ruin his rep for a silly rumor
COME ON!

We've already established he knows people...so it's all about people waiting to hear officially so they can rest easy. It's all part of the game when you actually have inside sources.
daveang
Sophomore

Post#124 » by daveang » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:47 am

Oh wow - Thanks for the good news SDU!!!!

How to celebrate - it is after all Friday the 13th (here in Australia) - time for a drink - change has come, but not at the expense of Amare (touch wood).
Miklo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 278

Post#125 » by Miklo » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:50 am

Just remember, I was the first to suggest the nightmarish concept of Kerr on the bench a while back. And I never mentioned it to anyone here but I'm a psychic. I've never hoped I was wrong as much as I do right now.
TXSun
Sixth Man

Post#126 » by TXSun » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:56 am

been reading a few other forums, and the Rumor is a strong one. All other forums are saying that ESPN and others won't be reporting this Rumor until Monday, more or less. This only means we are keeping Amare, Shaq, Nash, and everyone else rumored to be traded. I'm static right now! God heard our prayers!
"This is some bull $hit"
Mr. Sun
General Manager

Post#127 » by Mr. Sun » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:56 am

From Gambo & Ash Show:

Parting with Porter? - Gambo is hearing Terry Porter may have coached his last game with the Suns. The guys debated IF this happens, is it the right move? Was Porter given a fair chance with a salary-heavy, aging team and only half a season to “make it work?” Gambo doesn’t think TP has made the right adjustments with the roster he inherited. Ash thinks the Robert Sarver would be stupid to blow out Porter. We took calls.

We caught up with our ESPN NBA analyst Tim Legler who is in town for All-Star Weekend. “Legs” shared his thoughts on the swirling Amare Stoudemire trade rumors and broke down the first half of the season including his surprises teams and players and who may get dealt before next week’s deadline. He likes the possible Amare deal to Golden State for Andres Biedrens, Ronny Turiaf, and talented rookie Anthony Randolph.

Suns majority owner Robert Sarver stopped by to talk about the latest rumors regarding possible trades and the future of Terry Porter. Sarver confirmed that he has been involved with trade conversations with his two highest paid employees, Shaq and Amare. He has been “confused” by the season saying the team has performed in spurts, but has to keep the economic state in mind when making basketball decisions. He didn’t exactly give Porter a vote of confidence.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#128 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:00 am

:confused: Is Porter fired or not!? :dontknow:

Make this clear in your thread title man! :curse:

But if he is, you should have brought in Flip Saunders, Avery Johnson or even Jeff Van Gundy in the first place...

It was a horrible hire in the first place. You needed an experience winning coach. Not one of Kerr's friends...

I would bring in a veteran coach...
WTFsunsFTW
Veteran
And1: 113

Post#129 » by WTFsunsFTW » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:05 am

Mr. Sun wrote:From Gambo & Ash Show:

Parting with Porter? - Gambo is hearing Terry Porter may have coached his last game with the Suns. The guys debated IF this happens, is it the right move? Was Porter given a fair chance with a salary-heavy, aging team and only half a season to “make it work?” Gambo doesn’t think TP has made the right adjustments with the roster he inherited. Ash thinks the Robert Sarver would be stupid to blow out Porter. We took calls.

We caught up with our ESPN NBA analyst Tim Legler who is in town for All-Star Weekend. “Legs” shared his thoughts on the swirling Amare Stoudemire trade rumors and broke down the first half of the season including his surprises teams and players and who may get dealt before next week’s deadline. He likes the possible Amare deal to Golden State for Andres Biedrens, Ronny Turiaf, and talented rookie Anthony Randolph.

Suns majority owner Robert Sarver stopped by to talk about the latest rumors regarding possible trades and the future of Terry Porter. Sarver confirmed that he has been involved with trade conversations with his two highest paid employees, Shaq and Amare. He has been “confused” by the season saying the team has performed in spurts, but has to keep the economic state in mind when making basketball decisions. He didn’t exactly give Porter a vote of confidence.
He pimps his trade even in post show articles?! This guy is worse than some of the homers here.

He should be packaged with Porter and shipped the **** out.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#130 » by rsavaj » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:40 am

yeah can we trade gambo for cap relief?
Miklo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 278

Post#131 » by Miklo » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:48 am

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:I would bring in a veteran coach...

Wonder if we could hire Phil away from the Lakers by offering him eternal karmic bliss in the Valley...
krac36
Sophomore

Post#132 » by krac36 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:00 am

I hope we get Avery or Van Gundy, if not Gentry.
I just hope that Steve Kerr doesnt take over cause then it would be Porter all again.

I guess this rules out the Amare trades huh??? Or maybe theyll trade even with the coaching change??
"Tell me I can't. I won't hear you." - Amaré Stoudemire
schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,659

Post#133 » by schnakenpopanz » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:43 am

van gundy or saunders if its not gentry.
keep amare. trade dudley + lopez + dragic for a back up pg and a center. thats it.
free steve nash!
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,874

Post#134 » by The Sebastian Express » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:06 pm

Uh you kids need to stay away from Van Gundy so Portland can have him alright? Step away from the small balding one.
scootfu602
Junior

Post#135 » by scootfu602 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:13 pm

I wouldn't mind seein how Gentry does for the remainder of the season.
pidi
Veteran
And1: 143

Post#136 » by pidi » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:22 pm

bring back paul westphal...

Props to the great one
And1: 143

Post#137 » by pidi » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:28 pm

rgw only thing confuses me is that there is realy noone reporting.
strange, strange...

and i read the case of bidi - who in hell mentioned his name with coro?? that´s a little bit disgusting, don´t you think - and i think i know his job. he´s kerr´s secretary... just joking...

Props to the great one
And1: 762

Post#138 » by ray ray » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:09 pm

There's reports that are saying that Terry Porter is going to be let go.

Peter Vecey has said in the NY Post that Terry Porter is going to be let go and Steve Kerr is going to replace him.

Doug Frantz from Sports 620 KTAR is reporting that Terry Porter is going to be fire but Steve Kerr is not going to resume the coaching vacancy. Doug is reporting that Alvin Gentry is going to be the next coach .

Whomever is going to take over, one thing is for certain, Terry Porter is not going to coach the Suns anymore. Where there's smoke , there's fire.

Terry Porter NEEDS TO GO!!
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,555

Post#139 » by Jdiddy701 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:10 pm

I don't understand why you guys don't want Kerr to take over the job? The man made this mess so let's see what he can do by coaching the team.
TXSun
Sixth Man

Post#140 » by TXSun » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:25 pm

Jdiddy701 wrote:I don't understand why you guys don't want Kerr to take over the job? The man made this mess so let's see what he can do by coaching the team.

you must not be a PHX fan. Why in hell would we want Kerr coaching this team? Let him make up for his mistakes by hiring a proven coach.
"This is some bull $hit"

Return to Phoenix Suns