ImageImageImage

Official: Terry Porter Fired

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bgassassin
Starter
And1: 0

Re: Official: Terry Porter Fired 

Post#401 » by bgassassin » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:02 am

tsherkin wrote:Interesting comment about the Grizz owner telling Sarver/Kerr to spin on it regarding sending back young players like Conley and Warrick in an Amare trade; "if we get Amare and he has no one to play with, he walks in a year. No deal." Hehe.

Wait. What?
Gorilla Warfare
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,323

Post#402 » by Gorilla Warfare » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:34 am

Got a text from Gentry saying he is very excited for the opportunity to coach the team. He says its so surreal he seems stoked.

I have done repairs on his computer in the past, thats how I have his number if you were going to ask.

Can't wait to see what he brings to the table for us.
Mr. Sun
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#403 » by Mr. Sun » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:40 am

Get Nashty wrote:Got a text from Gentry saying he is very excited for the opportunity to coach the team. He says its so surreal he seems stoked.

I have done repairs on his computer in the past, thats how I have his number if you were going to ask.

Can't wait to see what he brings to the table for us.

He is prolly shaking his why he wasn't hired in the first place.
Gorilla Warfare
Lead Assistant

Post#404 » by Gorilla Warfare » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:42 am

Yeah I told him that I wanted him in all along and he laughed.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#405 » by TASTIC » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:44 am

Get Nashty wrote:Yeah I told him that I wanted him in all along and he laughed.

That's what she said

Bedtime for me now gents, HOPE to see Amare a Sun still in the morning...
Gorilla Warfare
Lead Assistant

Post#406 » by Gorilla Warfare » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:50 am

haha touché Tastic.
wdrummel
Senior
And1: 13

Post#407 » by wdrummel » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:13 am

TASTIC wrote:
Get Nashty wrote:Yeah I told him that I wanted him in all along and he laughed.

That's what she said

Bedtime for me now gents, HOPE to see Amare a Sun still in the morning...

While we are quoting The Office here is the funniest scene ever from that show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlpnUmm6vEo
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,753

Post#408 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:09 am

Haven't seen that episode yet, but that was classic Dwight. He always has his trusty hunting knife near, in addition to the many assorted bladed and blunt weapons stashed around the office.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
wdrummel
Senior

Post#409 » by wdrummel » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:55 am

Actually Jim collected all of those weapons a few episodes back following "the duel" with Andy.

That was a hilarious episode to... Dwight wanted to fight Andy for the right to Angela so he waited in the parking lot...

This is what happens lol...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TuvT97Ytcg
KJ7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#410 » by KJ7 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:05 pm

We have righted one wrong. Now if only sarver kept his hands off trade talks. It has been obvious for months that porter would never get the job done with the squad of players we have. Ideally don't know where we go from here. Scrape into the playoffs and have another early exit or rest our oldies, tank and hope for a miracle next year?

I don't ever recall being so disillusioned as a suns fan. We don't have any injuries and still look ordinary. Hope gentry can get us going. Don't really think he is a great coach but hopefully just his familiarity with the team will steady the ship a bit.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#411 » by TASTIC » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:42 pm

BigDaddyPR
Analyst
And1: 118

Post#412 » by BigDaddyPR » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:57 pm

Gentry is not the solution either..... but finally were on the right track. Hope that nobody is traded and Sarver gives this team one last chance.. now its time to hire a good coach. If they trade Amare, well then tank.... and try to trade Shaq as well....
wdrummel
Senior

Post#413 » by wdrummel » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:00 pm

I am interested to hear Terry speak on the issue. Our front office seriously dropped the ball over the past few months and it is unfortunate that it had to go this route. I honestly think TP could be a good coach with the right arsenal to suit his style... In the end he is getting paid so it is hard to feel to sorry for him. For that amount of money he should have been more successful at finding a common ground with his style and our players. Now that he doesn't have to kiss Kerr and Sarver's asses it will be intriguing to hear what he has to say about them and this whole messed up situation.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#414 » by TASTIC » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:29 pm

I think Porter's going to slay them in the media...he had a rough start and simply wasn't a good fit for what the team needed/could do...that'll come out with his interviews that's for sure. I'd say Kerr, Amare, Nash and Sarver are going to be put under the bus
realsunsfan
Rookie
And1: 132

Post#415 » by realsunsfan » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:32 pm

TASTIC wrote:I think Porter's going to slay them in the media...he had a rough start and simply wasn't a good fit for what the team needed/could do...that'll come out with his interviews that's for sure. I'd say Kerr, Amare, Nash and Sarver are going to be put under the bus

I think he will throw everybody but shaq under the bus.....
wdrummel
Senior

Post#416 » by wdrummel » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:17 pm

Im inclined to agree... I hope he does it in a way that we, the lied to, can piece together what management doesn't want us to know...
realsunsfan
Rookie
And1: 132

Post#417 » by realsunsfan » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:39 pm

wdrummel wrote:Im inclined to agree... I hope he does it in a way that we, the lied to, can piece together what management doesn't want us to know...

I think the only thing we are going to find out "new" is how much Kerr actually backed Porter's new style of play. I think we pretty much know how the team felt by their inability to adapt to his style of play.
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#418 » by JohnVancouver » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:51 pm

TASTIC wrote:I think Porter's going to slay them in the media...he had a rough start and simply wasn't a good fit for what the team needed/could do...that'll come out with his interviews that's for sure. I'd say Kerr, Amare, Nash and Sarver are going to be put under the bus

--- Really? I bet he's very diplomatic about it, "unfortunate circumstance, grateful for the opportunity, understand that it all comes down to winning, blah blah" - he wants to coach again in the league no doubt and why burn bridges. Be a lot more fun and more educational if he scorches the earth but I don't see it.
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
jebdrbhjb
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

Post#419 » by jebdrbhjb » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:59 pm

JohnVancouver wrote:

--- Really? I bet he's very diplomatic about it, "unfortunate circumstance, grateful for the opportunity, understand that it all comes down to winning, blah blah" - he wants to coach again in the league no doubt and why burn bridges. Be a lot more fun and more educational if he scorches the earth but I don't see it.

+1. Terry's too classy a guy to do it.

I don't believe TP was given a realistic chance to succeed. The Suns FO knew TP's philosophy when they hired him. Also, combine that with the drama of the trade / not trade Amare, Kerr's the one who needs to be looking in the mirror at this point.
Excuse me please, one more drink
Could you make it strong?
'Cause I don't need to think

......Dave Matthews
hunterxaz
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#420 » by hunterxaz » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:56 pm

When will the news conference be held? Anyone know?
The Phoenix Suns - 54-28. Projected Record: 54-28 3rd Seed

The Phoenix Suns - 2010-2011 Projected Record: 30-52 3rd lottery pick.

Return to Phoenix Suns