Official: Terry Porter Fired

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Re: Official: Terry Porter Fired 

Post#461 » by rsavaj » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:27 pm

realsunsfan wrote:I feel bad for anybody that loses their job, but Porter is still getting paid so it's not as bad as it usually is. The fact of the matter is Porter needed to be replaced. Now I'm not sure I would be labeling anybody with any derogatory names, as it is we that create these unfortunate situations with our constant craving for knowledge of what in the h$11 is going on with our teams in times like these, it's an unfortunate but necessary evil, and will always be a part of the game..........

true true
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#462 » by -SDU- » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:30 pm

as most people know, me and pete vecsey have an ongoing conflict (he wouldnt know who i am but every time i respond to him he swears at me)

that article is such a load of rubbish, i am going to email him and pick it apart and tell him what i think - im not interested in name calling, but he is just writing one big "i told you so" when the guy has been wrong so many times in the past

also, what does he think steve kerr is going to say to him? he is just going to report it, so why would he call you back you tool?

gonna tell him so ........
realsunsfan
Rookie
And1: 132

Post#463 » by realsunsfan » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:33 pm

-SDU- wrote:as most people know, me and pete vecsey have an ongoing conflict (he wouldnt know who i am but every time i respond to him he swears at me)

that article is such a load of rubbish, i am going to email him and pick it apart and tell him what i think - im not interested in name calling, but he is just writing one big "i told you so" when the guy has been wrong so many times in the past

also, what does he think steve kerr is going to say to him? he is just going to report it, so why would he call you back you tool?

gonna tell him so ........

Let him have it SDU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol....
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#464 » by JohnVancouver » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:43 pm

rsavaj wrote:I don't feel bad for him getting fired, I feel bad about the way we handled it. Sarver's a douche.

+1
This was handled in bushleague fashion. The Suns FO is up there with CHI -
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
SSOL
Bench Warmer
And1: 436

Post#465 » by SSOL » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:52 pm

I give them a pass. The All-Star game and all the media that were in town had a lot to do with it. If anything, the leaks on this board had a lot to do with it.
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#466 » by JohnVancouver » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:53 pm

Vecsey: Bottom line, Porter's fate was sealed the day on national TV earlier this season when Nash threw him and his slow-down-on-green offensive philosophy under the psychedelic bus.

--- When was this? I read all the Suns coverage religiously and if he's referring to the comments I assume he is, that's a mischaracterization of what Nash said. I'm sure Nash may have been more forceful in private conversation among members of the organization but in print he was candid about the problems the team was having playing a different style.
I've got some respect for Vecsey, though I loathe his ersatz "newsie" writing style. He's a knowledgeable writer about the game and the business of the NBA, and sincerely loves basketball. His editor should have spiked this one, though.
No credible journalist writes a "nyahh-nyahh, I was right" piece, at least in that tone. You can and should point out that you were first with the information, that the principals were less than forthcoming when braced with it, and you can and should use those points to back up your take on the state of the team in general.
But the whinging tone of that piece is ... embarrassing.
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
Mr. Sun
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#467 » by Mr. Sun » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:24 pm

To me, every time Nash repetitively said "we just have to figure it out" sealed it. No one is going to put up with a coach who can't figure it out.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#468 » by TASTIC » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:47 pm

Unsticky...let's move on...

Just bump it if you want to post in it obviously
WTFsunsFTW
Veteran
And1: 113

Post#469 » by WTFsunsFTW » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:17 pm

SSOL wrote:I give them a pass. The All-Star game and all the media that were in town had a lot to do with it. If anything, the leaks on this board had a lot to do with it.

LOL.

Dont flatter us. We had zero to do with the press corps devouring this story all weekend. Seriously. Whatever inside info you see here is already known by dozens of people.

Return to Phoenix Suns