ImageImageImage

Chicago-Phoenix Rumor

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,307

Re: Chicago-Phoenix Rumor 

Post#101 » by Frank Lee » Sat May 30, 2009 2:28 pm

Yup Ruiner......I wouldn't call that a big mistake.... and as it is looking, the mistake may be more on the Cavs than Suns.

Who knows what Kerr-plunk would have done if he was privy to both Stat and Nash's recent lip spit. Wait till he hears from Shaq who will not be upstaged by those two media midgets.

He is, after all, The Big PT Barnum... expect a headline soon, its his nature.
What ? Me Worry ?
dantian
Starter
And1: 27

Post#102 » by dantian » Sat May 30, 2009 3:04 pm

Frank Lee wrote:Yup Ruiner......I wouldn't call that a big mistake.... and as it is looking, the mistake may be more on the Cavs than Suns.

Who knows what Kerr-plunk would have done if he was privy to both Stat and Nash's recent lip spit. Wait till he hears from Shaq who will not be upstaged by those two media midgets.

He is, after all, The Big PT Barnum... expect a headline soon, its his nature.

It's definitely a mistake tomorrow when they get eliminated by Magics. That 3rd team All-NBA center could have helped Lebron to win it all this year! :D
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,939

Post#103 » by Fo-Real » Sat May 30, 2009 3:20 pm

Hate the Clevland deal, Ben Wallace is TERRIBLE!!!!. Pav is ok with upside, but not that much. Not worthy trading partner.
The Diesel
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#104 » by The Diesel » Sat May 30, 2009 3:59 pm

There are two reasons I don't believe this rumor:

1) Shaq is not the kind of person Paxson wants on the Bulls. They like high-character guys and Shaq is definitely not a high-character guy.

2) It says Kerr wants to get rid of him because he's slowed down the Suns too much.

How can he have slowed them down "too much" when they averaged 112 PPG during the last 20 games of last season and 118 PPG under Gentry?

How is that slowing the team down?

Porter slowed the Suns down, not Shaq.
The Diesel
Veteran

Post#105 » by The Diesel » Sat May 30, 2009 4:03 pm

And how is Ben Wallace terrible? He's a 4 time Defensive Player of the Year and would stay out of Amare's way offensively and he's a much better defender than Shaq.

Wallace would be a good fit in Phoenix.

Kerr made a mistake by not accepting Cleveland's offer.

If they win the Championship, they won't be interested in Shaq anymore.

And I think they will beat Orlando and the Lakers. LeBron is absolutely unstoppable.
Sun Scorched
Lead Assistant
And1: 280

Post#106 » by Sun Scorched » Sat May 30, 2009 6:15 pm

The Diesel wrote:And how is Ben Wallace terrible? He's a 4 time Defensive Player of the Year and would stay out of Amare's way offensively and he's a much better defender than Shaq.

Wallace would be a good fit in Phoenix.

Kerr made a mistake by not accepting Cleveland's offer.

If they win the Championship, they won't be interested in Shaq anymore.

And I think they will beat Orlando and the Lakers. LeBron is absolutely unstoppable.

He was a 4 time DPOY.

I think you'll find yourself in the minority arguing the CLE deal was a good one.
On Steve Nash:
G35 wrote:He may run a great offense but I wouldn't choose him over Amare to start a team.
ruiner
Sixth Man
And1: 149

Post#107 » by ruiner » Sat May 30, 2009 8:48 pm

He showed right away when he signed that big deal with Chicago he was a product of Detroit's team defense, especially their NBA Finals years. Shouldn't have won probably 3 of those DPOY awards. Regardless, he's a shell of his former self and wouldn't have done much.
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#108 » by JohnVancouver » Sat May 30, 2009 8:53 pm

ruiner wrote:He showed right away when he signed that big deal with Chicago he was a product of Detroit's team defense, especially their NBA Finals years. Shouldn't have won probably 3 of those DPOY awards. Regardless, he's a shell of his former self and wouldn't have done much.

--- Ben is more done that Shaq and brings in zero ancillary money for merch, etc.
Kerr wanted more and he was right. I'm still hoping he gets it.
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
MaryvalesFinest
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#109 » by MaryvalesFinest » Sat May 30, 2009 9:09 pm

I wonder if a trade like Shaq and the #14 pick to the Bulls for Deng and Hinrich would work. It looks like the Bulls want to clear capspace for 2010 and with the Deng rumor why not add Hinrich? Didn't the Bulls try to dump him for expirings at the deadline?
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#110 » by boogydown » Sun May 31, 2009 12:41 am

If Chicago dumps both Hinrich + Deng for expiring(s) they have enough to sign 2 max FA's and be able to have Gordon, Tyrus, Noah, and Rose on the team. That sounds more appealing than anything New York has.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,224

Post#111 » by RaisingArizona » Sun May 31, 2009 8:35 am

Ben wallace aged very quickly. He looks very slow and broke down, in fact he's contemplating retirement lol. The only suitors for shaq that make sense are the bulls or mavs. The cavs have nothing of value to give us.
dantian
Starter
And1: 27

Post#112 » by dantian » Sun May 31, 2009 11:38 am

MaryvalesFinest wrote:I wonder if a trade like Shaq and the #14 pick to the Bulls for Deng and Hinrich would work. It looks like the Bulls want to clear capspace for 2010 and with the Deng rumor why not add Hinrich? Didn't the Bulls try to dump him for expirings at the deadline?

For that kind of salary dump, Bulls need to give at least 2-3 first rounders, not us sending them #14. Deng and Hinrich are overpaid, the kind of contract you don't want to give if you have cap space to sign FAs!
b-ball forever
General Manager
And1: 498

Post#113 » by b-ball forever » Sun May 31, 2009 11:53 am

Ben Wallace + Pavlovic for Shaq isn't gonna happen, if the Cavs want Shaq they'll have to give up more then that.
Cavs will def be interested in him since Big Z's body is going to shiyt.

Gonna have to be sth like :

Shaq + J-Rich for Delonte West + Ben Wallace + Gibson + Pavlovic

if they wanna land him.

That Shaq + lottery pick for Deng + Hinrich deal could go down too, makes sense.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#114 » by TASTIC » Sun May 31, 2009 12:09 pm

we want The Hicksonator....

don't want Gibson, West would be nice though
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#115 » by nevetsov » Sun May 31, 2009 12:12 pm

^ For a guy the Cavs fans tout as "the next Amare", he's having some trouble cracking the rotation these playoffs, isn't he?

Maybe he's injured? Who knows.
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#116 » by nevetsov » Sun May 31, 2009 12:20 pm

PS Hoopshype is saying that Ben Wallace is retiring.. if he officially retires before any trade is made, the Cavs can't trade him, can they?
nanoclarkology
Pro Prospect

Post#117 » by nanoclarkology » Sun May 31, 2009 1:40 pm

nevetsov that is a good question.

I am all for any trades that give us Hinrich, Deng, Ty Thomas, Miller. But as some have stated we need another big. Amare isn't a natural 5. Granted with Deng playing the 4 and Hill the 3 that is pretty tough to beat.

That original trade rumor is enticing but I would want a little more maybe a pick or 2.
Commenting on the Cavs and Ben Wallace trade. I actually liked the way Wallace played against Howard. He didn't back down and I think he should of started over Big-Z. He showed more energy than Z that is for sure. The more I watched the Cavs the only other player I saw that I liked was West. His little step back jumper was money.
JohnVancouver
General Manager

Post#118 » by JohnVancouver » Mon Jun 1, 2009 5:17 pm

ginobiliflops wrote:Ben wallace aged very quickly. He looks very slow and broke down, in fact he's contemplating retirement lol. The only suitors for shaq that make sense are the bulls or mavs. The cavs have nothing of value to give us.

--- In fact, they do. As this article points out

http://valleyofthesuns.com/2009/06/01/a ... -sidekick/

Anyone know what we'd be on the hook for if Ben hung it up?

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

JohnVancouver
General Manager

Post#119 » by JohnVancouver » Mon Jun 1, 2009 5:20 pm

The more I watched the Cavs the only other player I saw that I liked was West. His little step back jumper was money.[/quote]

--- West is a tough little guy. I like him. Him, Hickson and big expiring for Shaq. Don't really know about Pavlovic

RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,224

Post#120 » by RaisingArizona » Mon Jun 1, 2009 5:53 pm

You really think Ben Wallace will walk away from 14 million without a buy out? I think he's going to want a substantial amount of his contract or he'll play one last year.

Return to Phoenix Suns