Chicago-Phoenix Rumor

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Re: Chicago-Phoenix Rumor 

Post#21 » by TASTIC » Wed May 27, 2009 6:57 pm

So just to reiterate what others have already said...who starts next to Amare?

surely Tim Thomas isn't a starter anymore?

They'd be better shipping JJames + Richardson to DAL for Dampier + Bass + AWright
tigerblood
Pro Prospect
And1: 8

Post#22 » by tigerblood » Wed May 27, 2009 7:25 pm

This would be best as the following

Tt and James to NO
Deng and chandler to Phx
Shaq to Chicago

Savings for NO
Shaq for Chi
Championship for Phx :-)

Nash/rich/deng/amare/chandler. Not bad
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#23 » by TASTIC » Wed May 27, 2009 7:37 pm

^ I like that team...bench of Barbosa, Hill, Dudley, Dragic, Lou, + 'others' (i think RoLo, Tucker, Barnes, Swift are all done/being shopped for upgrades)

Rather injury prone team though...and I remember Amare and Chandler not overly getting along when Chandler was with CHI...
tigerblood
Pro Prospect
And1: 8

Post#24 » by tigerblood » Wed May 27, 2009 7:40 pm

Dalembert is also an option instead of Chandler. Could include Philly or No in a 3 way.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by TASTIC » Wed May 27, 2009 7:50 pm

Touche...

Dalembert would be nice here...runs well, can get those games of 15 rebounds...Nash would make it easy for him
ruiner
Sixth Man
And1: 149

Post#26 » by ruiner » Wed May 27, 2009 8:18 pm

I like that NO/PHX/Chi 3 way idea.

Going back to earlier posts, I think Brad Miller would just make us even softer in the middle. And I'm not sure how much of a difference Dalembert would make though. He's a shotblocker, but we need someone who can put a body on the bigs of the West. Chandler is too perfect of a C to put next to Amare and he's available at a reasonable price. Also, too bad Sarver got scared off by using the MLE with the Banks signing. Ariza could fit with us and complete the make over so to speak, though it's probably unrealistic. Or get someone who can fill a defensive role with even just part of the MLE.

There are options out there that can make us better, especially with the economy hurting some teams, players will be available cheaper. I just hope Kerr tries.
pidi
Veteran
And1: 143

Post#27 » by pidi » Wed May 27, 2009 8:55 pm

if we trade for deng, tt and james we need to sign someone for the middle, i agree. resigning stroshow would be plausible. but after that we need to sgn someone since ama´re won´t play a whole season due to injuries. and after the colapps this season it would mean to sign someone big.
maybe it would mean to trade away j-rich for someone like chandler, dalambert. or trade him to clippers for the no1 pick btw why not try and trade for camby. i see him as perfect next to ama+e as chanlder would have been.

Props to the great one
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by TASTIC » Wed May 27, 2009 8:59 pm

Ideally you'd want to move Shaq and JRich and add youth in Deng, and a serviceable big ie Chandler, Camby or Dalembert. All 3 of those teams could use some scoring, but I don't see any of them wanting JRich at that price tag...
MaryvalesFinest
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#29 » by MaryvalesFinest » Wed May 27, 2009 10:01 pm

That would be a good trade it would probally be something like Deng + James insured contract for Shaq. I can see why the Bulls would do this because they want to get rid of Dengs contract so they can resign Gordon and the Suns would be doing this for youth and salary cutting also.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#30 » by rsavaj » Wed May 27, 2009 10:31 pm

Sun Scorched wrote:
Jordan45822 wrote:
rsavaj wrote:I want to move Shaq, but not for Luol Deng....we need a young mobile center to replace him(Chandler or Dalembert). Playing Amare at the 5 would be a disaster, and we're going to miss Shaq's All-NBA 3rd Team play and league-leading FG%. Even though he slows us down, he's still a great option to have in the post.

IF we could somehow land a big in this deal(three way trade or something), then I'd be for it...Shaq's a 21 million dollar All-Star All-NBA expiring contract next season. I think we can get more for that than Luol Deng...

There are few MLE guys available the Suns can sign. I don't know Kerr might be afraid of Chandler injury and his past with injuries to pull the trigger for him. Ya could go after Dalembert but Sixers want to run I doubt they go after Shaq. Unless you don't mind Dampier playing center or another mediocre center coming in a Shaq deal.

You could do one of two things to address the Center issue that an outgoing O'Neal would create.

#1. If you were getting Miller back in a trade with CHI, you could send him to NO for Chandler. Contracts match exaclty and it takes a year off in terms of salary for NO.

#2. Instead of sending Richardson to CHI for Hinrich, you could send him to PHI for Dalembert. In this case you would petition to have Deng and Hinrich coming back in the CHI trade.

Roster #1 (#2):

PG - Nash/Dragic
SG - Hinrich/Barbosa
SF - Hill/Deng/Dudley
PF - Stoudemire/Amundson
C - Chandler(Dalembert)/Lopez

I like both of those ideas.
ManicBullsFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#31 » by ManicBullsFan » Thu May 28, 2009 12:46 am

If jerome james is included in the deal as suggested by the rumor, his salary would be covered by insurance i believe. So if money flow/concerns is an issue with the suns this may be some motivation for the deal.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by rsavaj » Thu May 28, 2009 1:03 am

nanoclarkology
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#33 » by nanoclarkology » Thu May 28, 2009 1:15 am

rsavaj wrote:The deal I want:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachi ... eId=p5ddsx

Amen Brother!
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by TASTIC » Thu May 28, 2009 1:22 am

That's a sexy deal...
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by rsavaj » Thu May 28, 2009 1:25 am

nanoclarkology wrote:
rsavaj wrote:The deal I want:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachi ... eId=p5ddsx

Amen Brother!

I think it works out great for both teams. Bulls would have a sick starting lineup:

Rose
Gordon
Richardson
Noah
Shaq

with Salmons, Tyrus, Gray off the bench.

We'd roll out:

Nash/Hinrich/Dragic
Deng/Barbosa
Hill/Studley
Amare/Tiny Tim/Stro
Chandler/Amundson/Frolo

Credit to Scorched for coming up with the three way trade w/ NO...NO gets an expiring for Chandler, which is what they wanted.

Going over to the Bulls board, they want NO part of Jason Richardson, and who can blame them?
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by rsavaj » Thu May 28, 2009 1:38 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N22f1L3yHc

When healthy he plays a lot like Grant did last season...I hope A)the rumors have merit, B)our doctors can fix him up, and C)the "filler" isn't just Jerome James and Tim Thomas. Throw in Alando too; gives CHI more wing depth and frees up a roster spot for his replacement in the draft.

Revised trade with Alando: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachi ... eId=qufysg
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,667

Post#37 » by lilfishi22 » Thu May 28, 2009 1:52 am

Man I can never get to the trade when I click on the link.

But from what I can see from the comments and proposed lineup after the trade, it looks pretty good to me.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by rsavaj » Thu May 28, 2009 1:59 am

lilfishi22 wrote:

Man I can never get to the trade when I click on the link.

But from what I can see from the comments and proposed lineup after the trade, it looks pretty good to me.

Here's the breakdown:

Phoenix Out:
Shaq/Alando/Richardson

Phoenix In:
Tyson Chandler/Tim Thomas/Kirk Hinrich/Luol Deng

Chicago Out:
Brad Miller/Hinrich/Deng/Thomas

Chicago In:
Shaq/Rich/Alando

NO Out:
Chandler

NO In:
Miller

Of course, CHI would probably leave out Rich and Hinrich, and I'm okay with that, but then we'd have some roster issues. Moving Richardson to the bench means diminished time for either Dragic or Dudley, and those two need to play.

And knowing Sarver, Jerome James will definitely be involved, which sucks.
b-ball forever
General Manager
And1: 498

Post#39 » by b-ball forever » Thu May 28, 2009 2:19 am

I like that trade too.

Bulls wouldn't leave out Hinrich and Rich if Ben Gordon walks, since they'd be in desperate need of an athletic scoring minded swingman that specialzes in catch and shoot and 3 point shooting if he did.

If Gordon stays and they leave out Rich/Hinrich, we could always move Rich or Barbs to another team for a defensive SG after that.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by rsavaj » Thu May 28, 2009 2:26 am

b-ball forever wrote:I like that trade too.

Bulls wouldn't leave out Hinrich and Rich if Ben Gordon walks, since they'd be in desperate need of an athletic scoring minded swingman that specialzes in catch and shoot and 3 point shooting if he did.

If Gordon stays and they leave out Rich/Hinrich, we could always move Rich or Barbs to another team for a defensive SG after that.

Good point. If Gordon bolts, then I think they'd jump at this opportunity, but their GM said that re-signing Gordon was their number one priority this summer.

Return to Phoenix Suns