ImageImageImage

Chicago-Phoenix Rumor

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,781

Re: Chicago-Phoenix Rumor 

Post#41 » by thamadkant » Thu May 28, 2009 2:42 am

Suns might be in a good deal IF Deng recovers.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,212

Post#42 » by Frank Lee » Thu May 28, 2009 2:56 am

Chicago will have no part of taking on JRich;s deal, when the whole purpose of trading for Shaq is to free up salary space while maintaining their talent level and competitivenss. Y'all are Homer supremes for taking a proposed rumoristic deal and expanding it to be our panacea for the off season.

Your's truly

resident Bubbleburster
What ? Me Worry ?
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#43 » by TASTIC » Thu May 28, 2009 3:20 am

Frank...I'm going to give you 1 point just for being the first poster on the Suns board to use panacea...

nice work :D
tigerblood
Pro Prospect
And1: 8

Post#44 » by tigerblood » Thu May 28, 2009 3:34 am

Amen Frank
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#45 » by NashtyNas » Thu May 28, 2009 4:27 am

Pretty sweet deal if you ask me. Add in Hinrich for J-Rich, and Brad Miller instead of Timmy T, and we're pretty much set for next season. Resign Hill, Draft T-Will, and there's our 2009/2010 NBA Champions :P

Nash/Hinrich/Barbosa
T-Will/Barbosa/Hinrich
Deng/Hill/Dudley
Stoudemire/Amundson/Dudley
Miller/Lopez/Amundson

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#46 » by Ralphb07 » Thu May 28, 2009 4:32 am

Bulls fan here: Like Frank said there's no way the Bulls take on J-Rich in a trade. This trade is pretty simple it's Shaq for Deng with Timmy and James being the fillers to make the deal work plus saves us money to keep Gordon......

Gordon is really important to our team as we found out this year.... If Salmons wasn't here I would say no way to this deal but having Salmons we can't keep Gordon, Deng, Kirk and Salmons and IMO you always keep the better contract when talent is equal.....

I don't think we would include Kirk in a deal unless it gave us real savings. I could see us maybe shipping Kirk to Portland for Blake and Outlaw saving us additional money...

Tech9 is really good on his info too so you all can believe him. He called the Ben Wallace deal 2-3 months before hand and also told us last July that the Bulls were looking into Brad Miller...

If this deal is going to happen IMO and some others it will happen between July 1st-15th and if it doesn't in that time it most likely won't happen. Hopefully Tech gives us a update on it
MaryvalesFinest
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#47 » by MaryvalesFinest » Thu May 28, 2009 6:22 am

He sounds legit but what I don't get is when the Suns were talking about trading Amare at the deadline it sounded like the Suns wanted a deal centered around Noah or Tyrus and Dengs name never came up as a possible trade option. Why would the Suns all of a sudden gain interest in Deng if they werent interested at the deadline?
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#48 » by TASTIC » Thu May 28, 2009 6:46 am

Most likely wasn't a market for Shaq then. CHI can see if they get Shaq to play 20-25mins of post offense then they're a real chance against BOS, ORL etc who have BIG Cs...it's a bonus that he's a marketing beast as well as an All Star expiring contract
MaryvalesFinest
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#49 » by MaryvalesFinest » Thu May 28, 2009 6:55 am

Yeah luckily Shaq wasn't traded to the Cavs at the deadline for Sczerbiack and Pavlovic because right now the Suns could get alot more for him since he still can play and is one of the best expirings in the league. If this deal doesn't go through I can see alot of other teams wanting Shaq.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,667

Post#50 » by lilfishi22 » Thu May 28, 2009 8:27 am

Frank Lee wrote:resident Bubbleburster

Ahh, twas good while it lasted. :)
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,185

Post#51 » by RaisingArizona » Thu May 28, 2009 8:36 am

As a suns fan I would love a trade for Deng and a few fillers to match salaries for shaq. We can then commit to the style of SSOL. I think a healthy Deng on the suns is the next best thing to getting Marion back, which is unrealistic anyways.
BurningHeart
General Manager
And1: 1,471

Post#52 » by BurningHeart » Thu May 28, 2009 8:53 am

How about something like this?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachi ... eId=oct8zp

Shaq to Chicago
Chandler/Daniels/Wright to Phoenix
Deng/Miller/Johnson to NO.

Don't know how much monetary sense it makes for NO, though. They need another player to go along with Paul and West, I think.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,667

Post#53 » by lilfishi22 » Thu May 28, 2009 12:16 pm

BurningHeart wrote:How about something like this?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachi ... eId=oct8zp

Shaq to Chicago
Chandler/Daniels/Wright to Phoenix
Deng/Miller/Johnson to NO.

Don't know how much monetary sense it makes for NO, though. They need another player to go along with Paul and West, I think.

Too big of a financial commitment for NOH. Doubt they would do it.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
dantian
Starter
And1: 27

Post#54 » by dantian » Thu May 28, 2009 1:22 pm

With Shaq and Nash expiring, we'd have about 16 mil or so cap to spend on FAs. Do you want it spent on Deng for 12mil as the new franchise player next to Amare/LB/JRich? Not to mention he is always injured and played worse than Diaw after signing a big contract. Hill will be better than Deng the next 2 years at a much lower cost. Stupid move. For a 3rd team All-Nba center and expiring to that, Shaq would be worth a lot more close to trading deadline. I'd rather do Shaq/Tucker to Clips for Davis/Camby and then release Nash. Sign Hill to 2 mil.

Camby/Amare/Hill/JRich/Davis with Robin/Lou/Dud/LB/Dragic/#14

That's not bad at all.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#55 » by rsavaj » Thu May 28, 2009 4:00 pm

dantian wrote:With Shaq and Nash expiring, we'd have about 16 mil or so cap to spend on FAs. Do you want it spent on Deng for 12mil as the new franchise player next to Amare/LB/JRich? Not to mention he is always injured and played worse than Diaw after signing a big contract. Hill will be better than Deng the next 2 years at a much lower cost. Stupid move. For a 3rd team All-Nba center and expiring to that, Shaq would be worth a lot more close to trading deadline. I'd rather do Shaq/Tucker to Clips for Davis/Camby and then release Nash. Sign Hill to 2 mil.

Camby/Amare/Hill/JRich/Davis with Robin/Lou/Dud/LB/Dragic/#14

That's not bad at all.

I don't think we'll have that much space if we choose to retain Amare(which means max contract). WIth our FO, Phoenix is no longer the attractive FA option we once were.
eastsidecrossover
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#56 » by eastsidecrossover » Thu May 28, 2009 4:13 pm

Phx has never been that attractive of a place for big FA names anyways. It only becomes attractive only when we are winning and that is normal for any team.

dantian is right, why trade for Deng when shaq has been played this well? He is also a big expiring contract and you want to bring back a decent injured player that is overpaid?

These rumor sites most of the time are not correct. suns would be morons to do this trade, especially this summer. He is more valuable now, but wait till the trade deadline and see if you can get what you want then. If not, let him expire and you have cash to spend.

Lets see if they can learn from the KT trade and not trade shaq too soon and wait at the deadline.
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#57 » by Ralphb07 » Thu May 28, 2009 4:33 pm

MaryvalesFinest wrote:He sounds legit but what I don't get is when the Suns were talking about trading Amare at the deadline it sounded like the Suns wanted a deal centered around Noah or Tyrus and Dengs name never came up as a possible trade option. Why would the Suns all of a sudden gain interest in Deng if they werent interested at the deadline?

You guys didn't want to trade Amare but you all were looking to save money and no one was going to take Shaq for that which is why Amare was put on the block...

To keep Amare Shaq needs to be traded. IMO if you all make no moves and you go into 2010 with Shaq and nash expiring and no other pieces around Amare he will bolt which is why you all want Deng now. He's a good player and it locked up for 5 years so you add one piece to the puzzle of keeping Amare....

Last year was about saving money so you hear no Deng and this year that's not a real options since salaries have to match so it's about putting the pieces together....

IMO this is a Phx offer and will be up to the Bulls to accept or refuse and IMO I hope they accept... In the east with Shaq,Rose,Gordon,Salmons,Noah,Thomas, Miller and Kirk(If not traded) I can see that team battling for the ECF and possibly coming out of the east if all went well. Also Shaq brings alot of publicity with him which is good going into the 2010 free agent market... You put a 50-55 win team together with only Shaq and Miller leaving it's a major attaction to the FA class out there
tigerblood
Pro Prospect

Post#58 » by tigerblood » Thu May 28, 2009 4:49 pm

Didn't Kobe want to play with Deng?
Sun Scorched
Lead Assistant
And1: 280

Post#59 » by Sun Scorched » Thu May 28, 2009 5:00 pm

bradley281 wrote:Didn't Kobe want to play with Deng?

PG - Nash
SG - Bryant
SF - Deng
PF - Stoudemire
C - Chandler

Ahhh...........

Hey, it could happen...........
On Steve Nash:
G35 wrote:He may run a great offense but I wouldn't choose him over Amare to start a team.
tigerblood
Pro Prospect

Post#60 » by tigerblood » Thu May 28, 2009 5:14 pm

Point being a core of Richardson, Deng, amare would leave us set for the future.

Return to Phoenix Suns