ImageImageImage

Amare for Al Jeff and the #6 rumor

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Re: Amare for Al Jeff and the #6 rumor 

Post#61 » by Sid the Squid » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:01 am

arizonaplaya85 wrote:Jefferson is a stud and plays hard on both ends of the floor and plus we also would get a 6th pick.
Jefferson is a dumbazz who constantly gets tripled teamed because he's too stupid to ever find the open man. ..Dude is a one trick pony..He can score in the post. That's it.
chrice
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#62 » by chrice » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:07 am

Sid the Squid wrote:
arizonaplaya85 wrote:Jefferson is a stud and plays hard on both ends of the floor and plus we also would get a 6th pick.
Jefferson is a dumbazz who constantly gets tripled teamed because he's too stupid to ever find the open man. ..Dude is a one trick pony..He can score in the post. That's it.

If a consistent 20/10 player is a one trick pony with solid defense, then count me in. Jefferson's ceiling hasn't been reached yet. He used to drop ridiculous numbers when he was in school.
KayZee
Junior

Post#63 » by KayZee » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:10 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:Why trade Amare? It doesn't make any sense to get rid of him.. 2010 we just pick someone nice alongside with Amare and we're straight for another run. We gave Gentry the job for a reason and one huge reason was knowing Amare is a beast in a high tempo type of game... thinking of Al Jefferson running is funny. Don't get me wrong, I believe AJeff is a better overall player then STAT, but it won't mix well as Gentry the coach.

Keep STAT or Kerr will cry to sleep when Amare is MVP next year.

did you just put Amare and MVP in the same sentence :lol:

he won't even be his team's MVP let alone the league MVP
MaryvalesFinest
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#64 » by MaryvalesFinest » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:26 am

RealGM's headline now says that the "trade is in the works" but can we believe it? If it would have said a rumored trade that could happen that was said by let's say an unamed source it would be different but it's saying an NBA executive said this trade is going to happen and right now it's in the works?

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball ... on_mo.html
b-ball forever
General Manager
And1: 498

Post#65 » by b-ball forever » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:27 am

Tastic wrote:As others have said, there would HAVE to be a deal in the works for Shaq for a PF....

Possibly:
DWest from NOR
Varejao + Pavlovic + JJ from CLE
Ty T + JJ + TT from CHI
Bass + Stack + Damp from DAL...I think Bass just needs minutes to be a stud

I don't see this happening....Kerr must be pissed about all these rumors making the rounds; if Amare was on the fence about wanting out he'll be PISSED now about the potential move to a rebuilding franchise

Not necessarily a PF, but def gotta trade Shaq for a face-up bigman that isn't low-post oriented (and also a good defender) if that trade goes down, not really enuf space down low for both Shaq + Al Jeff.
Shaq for Sheed + young talent or Tyrus Thomas + TT2 would be perfect.

On the Amare trade : It'd be a good trade for us obviously. Amare is a lil better then Al Jeff, and would fit good next to a low post threat big that rebounds well and can get up and down the court like Kevin Love, but the draft pick makes u pull the trigger on it from the Suns side...

On the defensive end Amare and Jefferson are both pretty much equal, except that Al's a better rebounder. Both mediocre man to man defenders, and excellent weakside defenders.

T-Wolves would prolly need an Amare extension (plus maybe a second rounder and Tucker) for it to go down, Amare def wouldn't mind getting to be an official franchise player...
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#66 » by TASTIC » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:31 am

^come on KayZee give STAT some credit, he has finished top 15 in MVP voting 3 times before he's 26...that ain't bad
azballer53
Junior

Post#67 » by azballer53 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:31 am

MaryvalesFinest wrote:RealGM's headline now says that the "trade is in the works" but can we believe it? If it would have said a rumored trade that could happen that was said by let's say an unamed source it would be different but it's saying an NBA executive said this trade is going to happen and right now it's in the works?

We all need to kneel down and pray thaat this deal will happen this is for our future
Kerrsed wrote:Over/under: By mid season all Lopez interviews will come with subtitles?
Christine-In-AZ
Starter
And1: 1,539

Post#68 » by Christine-In-AZ » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:31 am

Cannot imagine T-Wolves accepting a 1 year Amare rental for Jefferson and #6. Makes no sense. Doesn't work salary-wise either, but nothing that a little filler wouldn't cure.

Maybe this Boston source missed a third of the story. Wild guess, but perhaps it's...

Jefferson to Phoenix
Amare to Washington
Butler and Blatch to Minnesota
and some sort of do-se-do with each team's 1st rounders (keeping the mentioned rumor of the T-Wolves 6th alive)

I don't know if it's been mentioned as a sign that something is imminent, but Kerr going to NYC to see Nash ???
Chi Dynasty12
Analyst
And1: 140

Post#69 » by Chi Dynasty12 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:32 am

I can't see Minny also sending the #6 pick. They'd have to at least get 14 back also.

...then again, it's Minny.
Chicago Bears 2025 Super Bowl Champions
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#70 » by rsavaj » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:37 am

Statistically speaking, season before this past one(last full one Amare played), Al Jefferson was the only big man who was worse defensively than Amare, so we'd need another deal to give us some post defense, which is why i think Chandler is still a great idea.
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#71 » by -SDU- » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:39 am

KayZee wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:Why trade Amare? It doesn't make any sense to get rid of him.. 2010 we just pick someone nice alongside with Amare and we're straight for another run. We gave Gentry the job for a reason and one huge reason was knowing Amare is a beast in a high tempo type of game... thinking of Al Jefferson running is funny. Don't get me wrong, I believe AJeff is a better overall player then STAT, but it won't mix well as Gentry the coach.

Keep STAT or Kerr will cry to sleep when Amare is MVP next year.

did you just put Amare and MVP in the same sentence :lol:

he won't even be his team's MVP let alone the league MVP

i will say it again though, amare in a run and gun suns system with nash and shaq would CLEARLY put up MVP style numbers, like he did after the shaq trade

fine he didnt do it last year under porter, but with running and shaq, he is a 27 9 and 2 player who would be top 5 in MVP
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#72 » by rsavaj » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:43 am

Al's BYC means no trade until after July 1 i think.

And i hope to god that he's healthy.
azballer53
Junior

Post#73 » by azballer53 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:49 am

rsavaj wrote:Al's BYC means no trade until after July 1 i think.

And i hope to god that he's healthy.

no i think a trade is still good
Kerrsed wrote:Over/under: By mid season all Lopez interviews will come with subtitles?
ma_falaa_50
Analyst

Post#74 » by ma_falaa_50 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:50 am

I dont know how good AL jefferson is going to be but at least he isnt cokcy like stat. Stat already thinks he is a superstar but he hasnt really proven he is an elite player.

gut check time suckas!
MaryvalesFinest
Lead Assistant

Post#75 » by MaryvalesFinest » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:50 am

Yeah I tried it in the trade checker, all the Wolves would have to do is add a contract for under $2M and the deal works
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by rsavaj » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:52 am

chrice
Assistant Coach

Post#77 » by chrice » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:53 am

rsavaj wrote:Statistically speaking, season before this past one(last full one Amare played), Al Jefferson was the only big man who was worse defensively than Amare, so we'd need another deal to give us some post defense, which is why i think Chandler is still a great idea.

Scoring : Amare >> Jefferson
Man to Man Defense: Amare = Jefferson
Shotblocking: Jefferson > Amare
Post Defense: Jefferson >> Amare
Rebounding: Jefferson >>> Amare
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#78 » by rsavaj » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:54 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhEH6eZNhMs

flip side....big al torching amare
MaryvalesFinest
Lead Assistant

Post#79 » by MaryvalesFinest » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:02 am

Good signs, looks like the trade rumor has been up for awile and no one said anything about it not being true.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#80 » by rsavaj » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:03 am

wait till tmw eve at least, rumor was posted at 9:30 pm ET

Return to Phoenix Suns