ImageImageImage

Goran Dragic = the most underated player in the NBA?

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Austin
Senior
And1: 0

Re: Goran Dragic = the most underated player in the NBA? 

Post#21 » by Austin » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:17 pm

wasn't it higher in the summer league? I bet it'll be in the 80's this season
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#22 » by JohnVancouver » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:03 am

nashrambler13 wrote:is this just a plot to get us to say we'd start him over nash?

seriously tho, i definitly see what your saying. dragic has a lot of talent, and his confidence is up because the slovenian national team gives it to him. I with the talent that he would play with in the suns staring lineup, i could see him getting good, if not great numbers, while not now, eventually.

.... (edit)
Heres to hoping that Alvin Gentry lets dragic start at least 5 games, w/ nash backing him up. and please let one of those games be against derrick rose, to give him a test.

We all saw the difference between GD before and after Porter. With a year under Gentry I really think he'll blossom. Plus he knows now what he's up against, he's seen he can play with these guys, he's apparently added some muscle, etc.
PG is said to be the hardest transition - I think he's going to be fine. I like the idea of throwing him some starts and letting Nash rest. It would be good for both of them.
If Dragic shows solid improvement, and Clarkj is anywhere near who we think he may be, we look okay for youth.

Now Sideshow Rob, I'm not sold on yet. I like the guy but i can't tell if he's going to be an NBA player.
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
Spartan13
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#23 » by Spartan13 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:06 pm

Roko Ukic > Goran Dragic
nashrambler13
Suns Forum Returning Poster of the Year
And1: 180

Post#24 » by nashrambler13 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:01 pm

JohnVancouver wrote:We all saw the difference between GD before and after Porter. With a year under Gentry I really think he'll blossom. Plus he knows now what he's up against, he's seen he can play with these guys, he's apparently added some muscle, etc.
PG is said to be the hardest transition - I think he's going to be fine. I like the idea of throwing him some starts and letting Nash rest. It would be good for both of them.
If Dragic shows solid improvement, and Clarkj is anywhere near who we think he may be, we look okay for youth.

Now Sideshow Rob, I'm not sold on yet. I like the guy but i can't tell if he's going to be an NBA player.

it took me a while to find out what you edited... great comment tho.

i guess dragic staring over some of those players is a little retarted...
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#25 » by Rasho Brezec » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:11 pm

Spartan13 wrote:Roko Ukic > Goran Dragic

No, and it's not even close. I used to like Roko, but he forgot how to play basketball in his one year in Toronto.
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#26 » by JohnVancouver » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:41 am

Rasho Brezec wrote:

No, and it's not even close. I used to like Roko, but he forgot how to play basketball in his one year in Toronto.

That's weird - I didn't know the guy at all til he came to TO and I thought he looked like a player, albeit with some growing to do. But lots of good things in his game.
Then again, my fear is that Goran;'s downside is - Ukic. I was very much a doomsayer when Dragic first came in, now I'm happy to say he's a much better player than i thought and has serious potential
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
Spartan13
Banned User

Post#27 » by Spartan13 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:47 pm

I thought Roko played prety well his rookie year, and even better with his national team where his shot is falling again. He took over the game agaisnt San Antonio as a rookie and won it in the clutch. Hes also a great athelete whose very long and has good handles for his size. Both Dragic and Roko are good at the drive and kick, and Roko is pretty solid at taking it to the hole, but they both need to work on their shooting, and id give the defensive edge to Dragic defensively. But i wouldnt say one is clearly better then the other at this point, or that one is the others down/upside. Both players are young, good athletes, and play with a swagger that gives them the confidence to lead a team in the NBA, so im cautiously optimistic about both their futures.
MaryvalesFinest
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#28 » by MaryvalesFinest » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:42 am

Why were the Raptors so quick to give up on him anyway?
Spartan13
Banned User

Post#29 » by Spartan13 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:44 pm

Cus we signed Jack and have Banks and Douby and Belinelli on contract as well, and Roko wanted to play which he wasnt gonna get to do much of it in TO this year, so we did the Milwaukee trade. It was Delfino S + T and Roko for Amir and Weems. So we got another athletic big which we need and a backup SF. Delfino didnt want to keep playing in Russia so he requested for BC to do a sign and trade since we werent gonna sign him after we drafted Derozan, traded for Wright and got Belinelli for cheap, so Delfino at 4 Mill wasnt really worth it for us either. It was basically a positional trade for us, so a good deal in the sense that Amir will probably see more playtime then Roko would, and we werent gonna sign Delfiino anyways, but definitely a downgrade in talent. Milwaukee got the better end of the deal.

It sucks we got rid of Roko, i think hell have a career in the NBA, but with Calderons questionable health after last season, BC wasnt comfortable enough to make Roko the potential full time starter. so we used our MLE on Jack, who also happens to be one of Bosh's best friends, and could entice Bosh to stick around next year.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,145

Post#30 » by RaisingArizona » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:45 pm

Another just ridiculous of a joke thread. Goran sucks thus far. He got outplayed in summer league games, what leads you to the conclusion he is the most underrated player in the league? :lol:
nashrambler13

Post#31 » by nashrambler13 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:59 am

ginobiliflops wrote:Another just ridiculous of a joke thread. Goran sucks thus far. He got outplayed in summer league games, what leads you to the conclusion he is the most underrated player in the league? :lol:

how did he get outplayed in the summer league? and by whom?
WTFsunsFTW
Veteran
And1: 113

Post#32 » by WTFsunsFTW » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:43 am

the day he had flu like symptoms?
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,194

Post#33 » by Frank Lee » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:43 pm

ginobiliflops wrote:Another just ridiculous of a joke thread. Goran sucks thus far. He got outplayed in summer league games, what leads you to the conclusion he is the most underrated player in the league? :lol:

Gino... pay no attention to the 'tabloid-al' thread title. Our resident cub reporter/oped poster is notorious for these questionable headlines. He considers himself 'thought provoking' and , well, provoking he is, but often w/o thought.

Just consider this a running commentary on GDragic. We are counting on this kid to contribute... and so far, I do not think anyone can be unhappy with his progress (sans his little knee tweak)
What ? Me Worry ?
jolbe_
Freshman

Post#34 » by jolbe_ » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:16 pm

You are wrong..
I guess you didnt see any of the eurobasket games or read, that he was ill at summer league
jolbe_
Freshman

Post#35 » by jolbe_ » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:18 pm

Frank Lee wrote:

Gino... pay no attention to the 'tabloid-al' thread title. Our resident cub reporter/oped poster is notorious for these questionable headlines. He considers himself 'thought provoking' and , well, provoking he is, but often w/o thought.

Just consider this a running commentary on GDragic. We are counting on this kid to contribute... and so far, I do not think anyone can be unhappy with his progress (sans his little knee tweak)

Btw, it was said, that he will play in Quarter finals against Croatia..
Oh, and btw again;)
Slovenija won their group, and is playing with 4th from E group, Croatia in quarter finals
nashrambler13

Post#36 » by nashrambler13 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

dragic had 16pts his last game. im encouraged.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#37 » by Rasho Brezec » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:53 am

He's probably done for the tournament. He had a similar injury like Beno Udrih.

Return to Phoenix Suns