ImageImageImage

Game 10 Lakers(6-1) Suns(8-1)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

nanoclarkology
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Re: Game 10 Lakers(6-1) Suns(8-1) 

Post#61 » by nanoclarkology » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:49 am

I just hope that the Suns success thus far is like a helium balloon eventually it will come down and come down hard. Will it be against the Fakers I hope not. With the way they played tonight I was really excited. Tucker was the only one that played that didn't score but he only played 3 minutes.

All five starters scored in double figures. Nash with another double-double with assists. Which I find really funny because he had 7 assists at the end of the first quarter.

This is going to be a gauge for me on the Suns thus far. I am stoked to watch.
nanoclarkology
Pro Prospect

Post#62 » by nanoclarkology » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:57 am

Holy crap I just decided to do a little searching to see where the Rankings have us at. Now I don't agree with it but here it is.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/powerRankings

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/1249 ... y-of-shots

http://www.covers.com/sports/power-rank ... g.aspx?t=0

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerranking

http://www.insidehoops.com/power-rankings.shtml

Sorry the first one I checked had us at #1 we might remain there but highly unlikely.
hitachi7
Sophomore

Post#63 » by hitachi7 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:12 am

heh, we're probably due to have a bad shooting night, currently at 47.4% from 3, pretty pumped for everything about the game other than Barkley talking about the Suns
Never Fear 33 Is Here
Lead Assistant
And1: 60
Location: DP09 Brotherhood: NF33IH, -SDU-, TASTIC, nevetsov, KPCB34, Frank Lee, Miklo, Rodrizzle, Cash

Post#64 » by Never Fear 33 Is Here » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:57 am

Woo Hoo, first game on T.V. down here in Oz. Unfortunately, that can only mean bad things. :(

GET SOME NUTZ!!!
Props to Kerrsed for the sig
BurningHeart
General Manager
And1: 1,483

Post#65 » by BurningHeart » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:15 am

hitachi7 wrote:heh, we're probably due to have a bad shooting night, currently at 47.4% from 3, pretty pumped for everything about the game other than Barkley talking about the Suns

We had one against the Magic. Don't know if we're still "due" or "due again".
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#66 » by nevetsov » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:52 am

Suns will penetrate the Lakers for me on my birthday! Both White and Black Jesuses told me so.

Statistics prove it too:

Since 1999-2000, the Suns have played 4 games on November 12th (Nov 13th in Australia).

All three non-division games (@Mil 1999, vAtl 2002, vHou 2008) have been Losses.

All inter-divison games (vGSW 2005) have been Wins.

Book it!

Disclaimer: You can find statistics to prove anything - 57 percent of all people know that...
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#67 » by TASTIC » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:25 am

ginobiliflops wrote:We're on the verge of going 9-1 and silencing the faker bandwagon. It really can't get any better than that.

They're the champs, I don't think the 10th game in the season when they're still not at 100% is going to change the doubt, if we do in fact beat them

We're playing amazing, but keeping the momentum going will be tough, this is a STRONG Laker team
BurningHeart
General Manager
And1: 1,483

Post#68 » by BurningHeart » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:45 am

Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,289

Post#69 » by Frank Lee » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:41 pm

tossmyprotoss wrote:If you don't think the Suns Lakers game needs an early thread then lick my cheese. :evil:

apparently there is plenty to go around.
no need to jump the gamethread protocol just to get your name in lights...

Happy BDay Vossy, and I compliment you on your sound statistical analysis. I am sure it has left Tshirkin speechless.

Minimum minutes for our old men last night... Perfect set up for tonite as the back to back variable has been nulified.... but its still the GD fLakers. These guys are the crop's cream. Having a man down and one rusty is as good of chance to steal one there as we'll get. As always, we'll let Kobe drop his 35-40... and hope to marginalize the rest.

One game at a time. (that goes for you too Ptosser)
What ? Me Worry ?
nevetsov
Head Coach

Post#70 » by nevetsov » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:46 pm

Hahaha thanks Frank. Hey while I have your attention, do you happen to have any decent photos of us from the DP09 trip? I'm putting together an album and would like to put one of our group (including you) in it.

If you do, could you email them to me? I'll get Mace to PM you my email (I would post in here but I reckon the Lakers game thread is the last place i'd want to post personal info :o )

Cheers again mate, hope to catch up soon.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,289

Post#71 » by Frank Lee » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:00 pm

Just have one from the sorrow drowning end o nite at hooters... Its on my other 'fried' system... I will work on getting it to you. It at least shows some good 'spirits'... 8-)
What ? Me Worry ?
nevetsov
Head Coach

Post#72 » by nevetsov » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:03 pm

Haha, that would be great. Thanks buddy!
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#73 » by rsavaj » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:14 pm

This is a very strong Lakers team. They're the defending champs for Xenu's sake. Just remember:
Paul Coro wrote:Beating the dead-men-running Hornets does not punch the Suns' ticket to another echelon

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/PaulCoro/67331
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,210

Post#74 » by RaisingArizona » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:28 pm

Without Gasol though they're the lakers of old who we proved we could beat. I don't understand the pessimism for tonight's game.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#75 » by rsavaj » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:30 pm

ginobiliflops wrote:Without Gasol though they're the lakers of old who we proved we could beat. I don't understand the pessimism for tonight's game.

Do you remember how soundly the "lakers of old" beat us in 07/08 even BEFORE they got Gasol? Bynum improved, they got Fisher, etc. And we're on a back to back. AND we're on the road. AND Kobe's improved. The deck isn't in our favor tonight man...and there's no reason to freak out if we lose. We have nothing to lose here. They do. We have everything to gain with a win, they don't.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#76 » by TASTIC » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:57 pm

People seem to forget Odom KILLS us. Every time. They have Artest who is BETTER than Ariza - don't be surprised if Kobe and Artest take spells guarding Nash.

Shannon Brown can't be overlooked, he's the sort of athlete who can give us issues, especially if we forget him. Mbenga is no softy - he gets dunked on a lot, but he's a BIG body and will dish out contact.

My suspicion is Jackson will pound it downlow and try and get Frye in foul trouble early - his ability to drag Bynum out of the paint is how we can win. If Lou or Clark are in early we could be in trouble. Jackson's no fool, he'll set his D to stop Nash.

These aren't the 'Fakers' (always hated that name), these ARE the Champs as Frank and others have reiterated - don't think this storming out of the gate is something that can be translated into this game, they're champs for a reason.

Someone kill Vujacic. I hate him and his face.
realsunsfan
Rookie
And1: 132

Post#77 » by realsunsfan » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:28 pm

TASTIC wrote:People seem to forget Odom KILLS us. Every time. They have Artest who is BETTER than Ariza - don't be surprised if Kobe and Artest take spells guarding Nash.

Shannon Brown can't be overlooked, he's the sort of athlete who can give us issues, especially if we forget him. Mbenga is no softy - he gets dunked on a lot, but he's a BIG body and will dish out contact.

My suspicion is Jackson will pound it downlow and try and get Frye in foul trouble early - his ability to drag Bynum out of the paint is how we can win. If Lou or Clark are in early we could be in trouble. Jackson's no fool, he'll set his D to stop Nash.

These aren't the 'Fakers' (always hated that name), these ARE the Champs as Frank and others have reiterated - don't think this storming out of the gate is something that can be translated into this game, they're champs for a reason.

Historically Odom has always done well against us, but this is a different team now, hopefully we will be able to change that this go around. Jackson most likely will set his D on stopping Nash, but I think this is the type of game we may see more of a Nash/Dragic combo on the floor at times. If the D keys in on Nash then Dragic can run point and use Nash as a shooter, or vice versa depending on how the defense reacts. Hill might even handle some of the ball handling, we have a lot of options, one of which is our bench, even against the mighty Lakers I think our bench is better. We have such balanced scoring that even if they are able to key in on one of our guys we have others that can step up. As for defense, Jrich is going to have his hands full with Kobe, but he did pretty good with Dwade so we will see how it goes. Kobe will still get his points, but hopefully he will have to work very hard to get them. It's going to be a very good game to say the least, but I think our confidence in each other is going to make a huge difference for us. It will be a close game, but I think we can win it.
tossmyprotoss
Freshman

Post#78 » by tossmyprotoss » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:09 pm

Shuttlesworth wrote:Well, Imagine that!

No need to change the thread title after all! Suns are 8-1 baby.

tossmyprotoss = nostradamus!!

I changed it a little anyway since Arizonaplaya85 did all that work!!!!
DFC Pride
tigerblood
Pro Prospect
And1: 8

Post#79 » by tigerblood » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:15 pm

This game will be close all the way through. Should be entertaining. We really need a big night from deep frye.
Cash
Veteran
And1: 18

Post#80 » by Cash » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:15 pm

TASTIC wrote:People seem to forget Odom KILLS us. Every time. They have Artest who is BETTER than Ariza - don't be surprised if Kobe and Artest take spells guarding Nash.

+1
Robert Sarver: "Hey Suns fans, how's my a** taste?"

Return to Phoenix Suns