ImageImageImage

Game 10 Lakers(6-1) Suns(8-1)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Cash
Veteran
And1: 18

Re: Game 10 Lakers(6-1) Suns(8-1) 

Post#81 » by Cash » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:19 pm

The Suns have to lose eventually, and this seems like the game for it to happen. Second night of a back-to-back, on the road against the defending champs, Lakers are well-rested... yikes. It's unlikely (but not impossible!) that we win this game. But just like Gentry said, it only counts as one win for whoever wins it, so let's not freak out too much either way. A loss doesn't mean we're going to miss the playoffs, and a win doesn't mean you can pencil us in to the Western Conference Finals. Especially since Gasol is out.
Robert Sarver: "Hey Suns fans, how's my a** taste?"
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 14,017

Post#82 » by grumpysaddle » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:22 pm

Sunsman44 wrote:Yeah Lakers have been sitting back relaxing for 3 days - watching Phoenix play well.

They are already drawing up plans to smoke the Suns - and the Suns better strike back or else the Suns success is going to look like fools gold against Kobe.

If Suns are serious this season, they will surely defeat the Gasol-less Lakers.

I really hope they don't lay an egg here on a second of back-to-back road game. Very hostile, dangerous territory unlike the easy win versus Hornets at home.

Suns better bring the A-game or else it is going to be a game where Suns get out-rebounded, out-hustled, and out-scored by Kobe and the entire Lakers bench.

SUNS 95
LAKERS 132

optimistic much?
justinb80
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#83 » by justinb80 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:29 pm

I think that, despite how well the Suns are playing right now, most fans still don't consider them championship contenders. They're just much more fun, gritty, energetic and determined than we've seen them in years -- perhaps ever. So losing to LA isn't a huge deal, and it won't expose the Suns as fool's gold.

If the Suns are 20-5 or better after 25 games, then it might be time to start up the hype machine.
justinb80
Pro Prospect

Post#84 » by justinb80 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:31 pm

My prediction:

Lakers 124
Suns 115
tossmyprotoss
Freshman

Post#85 » by tossmyprotoss » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:54 pm

Get Nashty wrote:Give me the Suns on this one, in a close one, we win by 5 at most.

A Good Prediction it is.
DFC Pride
Mr. Sun
General Manager

Post#86 » by Mr. Sun » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:57 pm

Lakers: 3 days rest at home.
Suns: 0 days rest.
eastsidecrossover
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#87 » by eastsidecrossover » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:01 pm

I think is were we get our 2nd loss. I just want to see them compete and prove that we are for real against the defending champs.

They are going to try to get Frye and Amare in foul trouble early, and no way in hell do I want to see a dragic/nash combo on the floor. more like barbs and nash. Now if kobe or artest guards nash, than that leaves Jrich or Hill on a smaller guy like flopping fish.

Even though it is a back to back game, our starters got rest last night with the blow out which is good. The suns are clicking, which will test the lakers.
tossmyprotoss
Freshman

Post#88 » by tossmyprotoss » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:18 pm

Frank Lee wrote:
tossmyprotoss wrote:If you don't think the Suns Lakers game needs an early thread then lick my cheese. :evil:

apparently there is plenty to go around.
no need to jump the gamethread protocol just to get your name in lights...

One game at a time. (that goes for you too Ptosser)

Im sorry buddy, but my prediction was correct and Phoenix did walk all over the hornets like I expected. If I was wrong I would appologize...... but im not :wink:

And trust me I will not try and predict this game I just thought it deserved an early thread...
DFC Pride
Sun Scorched
Lead Assistant
And1: 280

Post#89 » by Sun Scorched » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:20 pm

I'll I want to see is the same heart, communication and teamwork that got them to this record.

If they lose one while still playing that form of basketball (in my opinion the best form, regardless of what the stats say at the end of the game), then I will still be incredibly happy with the team.

Rest assured, however, the Suns are still the underdogs in this one.... and they like it that way.
On Steve Nash:
G35 wrote:He may run a great offense but I wouldn't choose him over Amare to start a team.
Mr. Sun
General Manager

Post#90 » by Mr. Sun » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:39 pm

B2B's played so far:
Lakers: 1.
Suns: 3.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,622

Post#91 » by tsherkin » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:45 pm

This will be an interesting game, even if it won't be telling as far as the Lakers/Suns matchup for the rest of the season since Gasol is out.

I want to see how the Lakers try to defend Nash and handle the broad palette of 3-point shooters Phoenix fields (they've only previously had to handle 3pt shooting centers from Toronto and Utah in the past few years). I want to see who they focus on defensively.

And I want to see how awesome Kobe's going to play, because there isn't anyone on this roster who could contain him before he started to really emphasize the low block. Richardson's big and athletic, but he's not an uber-sound individual defender, and Kobe doesn't need to get BY him so much as create a half-inch of separation and unleash fadeaways from 13-15 feet all night. 33.6 ppg on 48.6% FG. That's Kobe so far this season. If there's one thing to look for, it's that the Lakers haven't worked out how to get Kobe more passing opportunities when he goes into the post, so it may be wise to just let Kobe go off like a bang in isolation and really work to cut off his bail-out passes, stop the cutters, that sort of thing.

I'd be worried here about Bynum as the major deciding factor, not Odom. Lamar will cause problems, but I think Bynum's going to exacerbate Phoenix's troubles dealing with low-post guys.

This is a guy who's worst season in 3 years were 9.5 REB36 and 16.4 PTS36, respectively, and who's averaging nearly 20/11 in his 5 games so far this season. I wouldn't expect his production to dip much against the Suns.

Of course, Bynum is only probable for the game and he's coming back from a strained shooting elbow, so it is possible that he won't perform as well as the Lakers would like.

One other thing.

LA's shooting under 75% from the line, partly because Artest is shooting under 57%. He's a career 72.2% shooter, so you know that won't last. And he's cutting teams apart with his passing and warping defenses in the triangle with his 3pt shooting, too. And all this while he has been averaging only 12 ppg.

The Lakers have their questions, no doubt, and this is a game that the Suns might theoretically win, especially if they are as psychotically hot as they were against the Hornets.

While I think a cool-down is coming, if the Suns keep posting Richardson, attacking with Nash/STAT on the pick-and-roll and Frye has a good shooting game (he shot kind of poorly against the Hornets), then they can overcome Nash and Richardson (and everyone the Hell else...) cooling off from downtown, if that happens.

Should be a good game.
PHXfan85
Sixth Man

Post#92 » by PHXfan85 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:57 pm

I'm looking for Barbosa to have a great night tonight. Someone feel free to crunch the numbers and confirm/deny all this, but I feel Barbosa has some of his best performances against the Lakers. Gonna need someone to take the focus away from JRich if they start to control him.

**** I'M EXCITED FOR THIS GAME TONIGHT!

Tenacious Spur wrote:Suns did the correct thing letting him go. How they spended their money is the money.

That's money.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,622

Post#93 » by tsherkin » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:03 pm

Barbosa's averaged about 19 ppg against the Lakers over the last 3 seasons; I think it's reasonable to expect that his raw speed will help him out against L.A.'s PGs.
DBrimstone
Sixth Man

Post#94 » by DBrimstone » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:05 pm

PHXfan85 wrote:I'm looking for Barbosa to have a great night tonight. Someone feel free to crunch the numbers and confirm/deny all this, but I feel Barbosa has some of his best performances against the Lakers. Gonna need someone to take the focus away from JRich if they start to control him.

**** I'M EXCITED FOR THIS GAME TONIGHT!

last season he was 18, 18, and 22 points but miserable in all of them from beyond the arc. If he can nail his 3's then yeah, he would have pwned
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#95 » by JohnVancouver » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:06 pm

TASTIC wrote:These aren't the 'Fakers' (always hated that name), these ARE the Champs as Frank and others have reiterated - don't think this storming out of the gate is something that can be translated into this game, they're champs for a reason.

Someone kill Vujacic. I hate him and his face.

Yes, this team is very, very good even without Gasol. (I still think PG is over-rated - he's real good,not great.) I'm more worried about them shutting down Steve. Maybe we put Lou or Duds on Ron-Ron and precipitate a nervous breakdown/psychotic episode? Or play Gorand and Steve, give them two PGs who can both pass and score to worry about ....

I don;t think we have much to gain or lose here. If we win, it's no respect because they were missing Gasol, Bynum is out of shape, etc. I f we lose, they proved we're among the best of the 2nd tier but no way are we in the mix for contention.
I would almost like to see us lose a close one just for the psychological effect; it might give our guys even more fire, something to play for. They must hate the Lakers and Phil like we do.

Hard to believe I grew up devoted to that team
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
PHXfan85
Sixth Man

Post#96 » by PHXfan85 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:07 pm

At least I'm not delusional. Thanks fellas haha

Tenacious Spur wrote:Suns did the correct thing letting him go. How they spended their money is the money.

That's money.
luvnba
Junior

Post#97 » by luvnba » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:11 pm

Before i post ( i m a Lakers fan therfore i hate the Suns)
After reading this thread, I cant help myself but laugh at people thinking that the Suns actually have a chance againts the defending champs. Yes, the Suns are 8-1 which is very respectable, but they are going against the Lakers. Even if they are missing their 2nd goto guy, they still have the black mamba. I m not trying to troll on your board (as i never posted here before) but trying to talk some sense into some of the Suns fans.

Good luck tonite you guys will need it
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,483

Post#98 » by ATTL » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:20 pm

luvnba wrote:Before i post (herp derp derp derp derp)
After reading this thread, I cant help myself but derp derp derp derp derp defending champs. Yes, the Suns are 8-1 which is herp derp derp derp derp Lakers. Even if they are missing their 2nd herp derp derp derp black mamba. I m not trying to troll on your board (as i herp derp derp derp) but trying to derp some sense into some of the Suns fans.

herp derp derp derp derp

For someone who claims to not be trying, you seem to have put in some effort.
DBrimstone
Sixth Man

Post#99 » by DBrimstone » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:21 pm

luvnba wrote:Before i post ( i m a Lakers fan therfore i hate the Suns)
After reading this thread, I cant help myself but laugh at people thinking that the Suns actually have a chance againts the defending champs. Yes, the Suns are 8-1 which is very respectable, but they are going against the Lakers. Even if they are missing their 2nd goto guy, they still have the black mamba. I m not trying to troll on your board (as i never posted here before) but trying to talk some sense into some of the Suns fans.

Good luck tonite you guys will need it

Because you're all so enlightened. So were the Celtics fans. Then we beat them.
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,483

Post#100 » by ATTL » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:23 pm

Celtic fans weren't acting like douche bags, even after the loss.

Return to Phoenix Suns