Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Miklo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 278

Re: Amare Stoudemire to Cavs (proposal) 

Post#61 » by Miklo » Tue Dec 8, 2009 2:56 am

SportsInfoBar wrote:
Miklo wrote:I don't care if JJ is Lebron's boy, you ask Lebron whether he wants to play next to JJ HICKSON or AMARE STOUDEMIRE and you think there's any question? Really?

Cut this Amar'e is worse than Hickson, Varejao is almost as good as Amar'e crap. One of you idiots comes in here and makes the worst trade proposal I had ever heard in my life, the other one follows saying he wouldn't even do it. Go back to Cleveland.

Man you can't even read...I never said Andy was better..

NEITHER DID I.

Wow can I put you in my sig? Cause this is perfect. Just let me have my moment here. If you yourself could read better than you claim I can, then you would have realized that I was not in fact misrepresenting your comparison.

And yes I did "look at the numbers" before I "spouted out", although I don't find this a necessary step in a player comparison for those who actually understand basketball. Anyway, no crap somebody leads Amar'e in this stat cat and the other this season - we ourselves think he's an underperforming P.O.S. right now. That's not the point.

What is a "crappy roll" player? Do you mean role? Or is that a cheap kind of sushi?

And ROFL LMAO LOLZ you posted a link to a "statisback" thread. He's the retarted, inbred stepchild of the Suns board
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,779

Post#62 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Dec 8, 2009 3:09 am

Miklo wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Chris Duhon over Steve Nash

Hey man..now you're infringing on Duke territory :lol:

lol didn't know he went to Duke. Not big on college ball.

OK Z over Dwight. Oh wait, that wouldn't work. He'd probably take Z over Dwight.

OK Delonte over Kobe!
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
SportsInfoBar
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Post#63 » by SportsInfoBar » Tue Dec 8, 2009 3:51 am

Miklo wrote:
SportsInfoBar wrote:
Miklo wrote:I don't care if JJ is Lebron's boy, you ask Lebron whether he wants to play next to JJ HICKSON or AMARE STOUDEMIRE and you think there's any question? Really?

Cut this Amar'e is worse than Hickson, Varejao is almost as good as Amar'e crap. One of you idiots comes in here and makes the worst trade proposal I had ever heard in my life, the other one follows saying he wouldn't even do it. Go back to Cleveland.

Man you can't even read...I never said Andy was better..

NEITHER DID I.

Wow can I put you in my sig? Cause this is perfect. Just let me have my moment here. If you yourself could read better than you claim I can, then you would have realized that I was not in fact misrepresenting your comparison.

And yes I did "look at the numbers" before I "spouted out", although I don't find this a necessary step in a player comparison for those who actually understand basketball. Anyway, no crap somebody leads Amar'e in this stat cat and the other this season - we ourselves think he's an underperforming P.O.S. right now. That's not the point.

What is a "crappy roll" player? Do you mean role? Or is that a cheap kind of sushi?

And ROFL LMAO LOLZ you posted a link to a "statisback" thread. He's the retarted, inbred stepchild of the Suns board

You can quote who ever the hell you want. Go read that thread, it doesn't matter who started it, you are basically one of the only one's who think Amare is any good in that thread.

For those that really "understand" basketball, realize there are two sides to the court. And that defense wins championships. Why would we want to add a player who does not play defense, has come off of two major surgeries and that is owed over 17 million next year.

Andy is a winning player, he will do whatever it takes to win...need a key rebound, need a key loose ball, need a charge taken, need a good pick set, need some good defense, Andy can do it all, and he is not as bad as some of you think on offense...there is a lot more to basketball than scoring 20 points...and if you don't go off the numbers/efficiency/defense, what the hell do you go by? The 76ers can trade you AI, another 20 ppg guy who plays no defense, he would fit right in with your fantasy team.
DBrimstone
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#64 » by DBrimstone » Tue Dec 8, 2009 4:03 am

You know what's gonna be funny is when Danny and Steve go out to lunch over the all star break, get to talking, and a trade very similar to this one goes down. Good ol' U of A/San Antonio buddies, doin favors for each other... Then we can all ridicule and yell at each other all over again!!!
MaryvalesFinest
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#65 » by MaryvalesFinest » Tue Dec 8, 2009 4:20 am

SportsInfoBar wrote:
MaryvalesFinest wrote:
SportsInfoBar wrote:Some of you are thinking this is the Amare of 3 years ago. He is not that same player and he is not signed for next year, so what DO you really expect?

I personally would not give up Andy in any deal to get Amare..and I am not 100% sure I would give up Hickson either....if JJ got 35 mpg in your high tempo system with Nash feeding him, I am guessing he would score 17 to 20 ppg and snag 6 to 8 boards. Amare is a better jump shooter than JJ right now, but Hickson has been showing a nice shooting touch and is MUCH MUCH cheaper.

Amare plays no defense also, and I have been to the last two Suns/Cavs games here, it was like he wasn't even on the court on defense. See the game log of the game this year: http://www.LOSuite.com/Share/AmareTheGreat.png

Other reason why I don't want him is I do not think he is max money player and I guarantee he thinks he is, giving him that kind of money long term is going to kill a GM somewhere.

First Varajaeo has a horrible contract, I'd rather see Amare walk than take on his contract. All of us realize Amare isn't the same player as 3 years ago but he's still a 20-8 all-star. Only a few players in the league are worth the max but that doesn't mean they still don't get paid.

Look at a team like the Cavs, they need to do everything they can to keep Lebron from bolting next season. Do you think Lebron would rather play with Hickson or Amare? If any team can pay Amare the max it would be the Cavs considering they basically need to keep Lebron happy or you can look at it like this, if Lebron bolts to another team which he most likely is going to at least you'll have Amare as insurance to fall back on.

Andy gets paid exactly what he is worth to our team. He is one of the best defensive bigs in the game. He impacts the game very very very much. All I ever hear is 20-10 blah blah...but there is more to the game than shooting 15 ft jump shots.

Andy's 82 Games.com value http://www.82games.com/0910/0910CLE.HTM
Amare 82 Games.com value http://www.82games.com/0910/0910PHO.HTM

As for who Lebron would rather play with, I don't know, we would have to ask him. He did mentor JJ the entire summer and they are supposedly pretty close..and it was Lebron who went to our GM and requested that JJ start the games to get him some playing time, so who knows...what I do know is I am not an Amare fan...when he starts to play some defense then I may change my mind.

How many all-star games did Varajeo make?

How many all-star games did Amare make?

That's what I thought

Now when Lebron bolts next summer you're saying you would rather have Hickson and Varajeo as your best players? Good luck with that buddy :lol:
Miklo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#66 » by Miklo » Tue Dec 8, 2009 4:21 am

SportsInfoBar wrote:For those that really "understand" basketball, realize there are two sides to the court. And that defense wins championships. Why would we want to add a player who does not play defense, has come off of two major surgeries and that is owed over 17 million next year.

Okay Mr. Defensey Defense Pants Face you've made your point Amar'e isn't a great defender. Well ya know what the Pope is in fact Catholic. This isn't the revelation of the century or anything...Shaq sucks at free throws. There I said it. And while I actually wouldn't want Shaq's fat arse back in Phoenix, LeBron would want Amar'e in Cleveland. If you have your own personal vendetta or whatever, enjoy that but let's be realistic here. JJ Hickson? Really?

SportsInfoBar wrote:Andy is a winning player, he will do whatever it takes to win...need a key rebound, need a key loose ball, need a charge taken, need a good pick set, need some good defense, Andy can do it all

Lou Amundson. Word for word. So we wouldn't even "want" Andy.
Miklo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#67 » by Miklo » Tue Dec 8, 2009 4:22 am

MaryvalesFinest wrote:Now when Lebron bolts next summer you're saying you would rather have Hickson and Varajeo as your best players? Good luck with that buddy :lol:

count it
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#68 » by JohnVancouver » Tue Dec 8, 2009 4:28 am

bradley281 wrote:This crap is making me laugh. To say that Amare has no value is like saying Tiger Woods doesn't have the herp.

I think I need this in my sig.
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
Spartan13
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#69 » by Spartan13 » Tue Dec 8, 2009 4:45 am

Not saying I would do this trade. But in his defense, Varejao was actually pretty good on offense in the tourney of the americas for Brazil. He seemed to have developed a bit of a mid range shot similar to Frye and Amare. With his D, and with playing with Nash on O, he would look pretty good here. I would want to pair him with Barbosa though and form the Brazillian dream team 8-) .
christian72589
Banned User

Post#70 » by christian72589 » Tue Dec 8, 2009 4:55 am

LMFAO!!!!!!!!

OMG.. this is without question the lowest low I have ever seen even from a cavs fan.

First of all, when will you realize that your team comes up short every year because the answer is NOT to blow up the team to get new mediocre players to surround lebron with???

secondly... i mean wow.... amare' for effing Z and Verejao? The suns are one of the top teams in the west right now... why would they hand you their best player for your trash?

I think i have seen you post a trade on the hornets board too involving Chris Paul for a Delonte West package.

Please... keep these coming. I can't wait to read your trade proposal of Verajao, Z and a future first for Dwight Howard, Vince Carter and picks on my board.
heathmalc
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#71 » by heathmalc » Tue Dec 8, 2009 5:28 am

Okay.....

Phoenix gets:

Cavs 2010 1st round pick (Unprotected)
Cavs 2011 2nd round pick (Unprotected)
Cavs 2012 1st round pick (Unprotected)
Cavs 2013 2nd round pick (Unprotected)
Cavs 2014 1st round pick (Unprotected)
Wally Sczerbiak (S&T- so he is expiring- only 1st year is guaranteed, and it's prorated)
Cash - to help buy out Wally
J.J. Hickson

Cleveland gets:

Amare Stoudemire
Phoenix's 2013 2nd round pick (Unprotected)
We the People...
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#72 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Dec 8, 2009 5:31 am

I love how the Cavs fan is trying to hype up Varejao. It's kinda like trying to hype up Tucker so we could chuck him in a deal as an asset rather than a filler :lol: .

Varejao is a nice role player I admit that, but Lou does most of the things Varejao gives at like . . . . 1/100 of the price. He makes no impact on the floor unless he's playing with someone as dominant as Lebron and without Amare, Varajeo is going to be Lou 2.0 playing next to Lou and that is not a team that's going to win many games quite frankly. He's valuable to your team because of your system, but in our system we need guys who can actually put the ball in the basket.

I've said it before, we're not in the business of giving to charity. Just because there's a chance Amare will walk does not mean we'll take the first off on the table. We're not going to be the Grizzlies in the Gasol deal.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#73 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Dec 8, 2009 5:35 am

heathmalc wrote:Okay.....

Phoenix gets:

Cavs 2010 1st round pick (Unprotected)
Cavs 2011 2nd round pick (Unprotected)
Cavs 2012 1st round pick (Unprotected)
Cavs 2013 2nd round pick (Unprotected)
Cavs 2014 1st round pick (Unprotected)
Wally Sczerbiak (S&T- so he is expiring- only 1st year is guaranteed, and it's prorated)
Cash - to help buy out Wally
J.J. Hickson

Cleveland gets:

Amare Stoudemire
Phoenix's 2013 2nd round pick (Unprotected)

WE DON't WANT YOUR PICKS! They might as well be garbage.
We're not going to buy out Wally for the Cavs sake.

Late 1st round picks have less value than early 2nd round picks because they are guaranteed contracts whereas late first round players could slip to early 2nd round where their contracts aren't guaranteed.

this guy is pissing me off.

try not to avoid the language filter my man, even if this is kind of ridiculous --rsavaj
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#74 » by Kerrsed » Tue Dec 8, 2009 5:57 am

OK, i did the Math. :D

Phoenix gets:
Lebron James :D

Cleveland gets:
Richardson (he is the 2 guard that Cleveland has been looking for for years!) :D
Tucker (A defensive player of the year!!) * :D
Griffin (Just like Varejao, A grit player that gives his all) :D
Dudley (Just like Varejao, A grit player that gives his all) :D

*at his college :D

Cleveland finally has the deep bench (that they have lacked in the past 4 years) to put them over the top. :D

Lebron finally get his ring! Nash/Hill/Lebron/Amare/Who the F cares cause we have Lebron AND Amare! :D
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Spartan13
Banned User

Post#75 » by Spartan13 » Tue Dec 8, 2009 6:05 am

lilfishi22 wrote:I've said it before, we already gave you one all-star for nothing, so we don't wanna give you another one.

Fixed.
LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#76 » by LV-Suns » Tue Dec 8, 2009 6:10 am

No...Kerrsed, you are doing it all wrong.

Throw in 3-4 unprotected 2nd round picks and offer them cash to pay for the rest of guaranteed Griffins contract. That's only if they don't want to keep. I personally think he fits well right next to Malon...I mean Hickson.

Done deal.
I Dont wanna be here
LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#77 » by LV-Suns » Tue Dec 8, 2009 6:46 am

Phoenix gets:

LeBron James
2010 2nd round pick (Unprotected)

Cleveland gets:

Jason Richardson
Grant Hill (With agreement to buy him out so he can go back to Suns and retire with Phoenix)
2012 1st round pick (unprotected)
2015 2nd round pick (unprotected)
Alando Tucker (Young Stud, expiring if he doesn't pan out)

Lets get real now, LeBron is obviously not going to resign with Cleveland. The Lakers looks like they might run way with the championship ring this year. The best idea is to get some value in return before he leaves the team with nothing.

Cleveland could build around young stars who are potential stars. According to 82games, both Hickson and Varejao are already better than Amare. The 2012 unprotected pick could come in handy since Suns team might get hit with the black plague, leaving doors open for the Cavs.
I Dont wanna be here
DBrimstone
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#78 » by DBrimstone » Tue Dec 8, 2009 7:08 am

Bad news. We already traded our 2012 unprotected first round pick to OKC. Will you settle with our 2013 1st rounder instead?

And how do you protect a second round pick from the lottery? Is it like your team sucks so bad that your second round picks actually get bumped into 1st round picks?
JasonDaPsycho
Starter
And1: 9

Post#79 » by JasonDaPsycho » Tue Dec 8, 2009 10:07 am

heathmalc wrote:Cleveland gets:
Amare Stoudemire
Leandro Barbosa

Phoenix gets:
Zydrunas Ilgauskas (with agreement to buy him out so he can go back to Cavs and retire with Cleveland)
Anthony Parker (Next year is not guaranteed)
Anderson Varejao
2010 1st round pick (unprotected)
2011 2nd round pick (unprotected)
Cash (to buy out Ilgauskas)

So we're trading away Amar'e and Leandro (who both have some market value) for a center who we're going to buy out so he's going to improve the team which traded him away, a SG who is too old, a PF who doesn't play good basketball defense nor grabs rebounds well (deserves an Oscar though, epic flop against that Dwayne Wade dunk), two picks which you don't care anyway

You know what, we could have done it this way:
CLE obtains:
Amar'e Stoudemire (can score in the post)
Leandro Barbosa (can shoot well)
PHX future 1st round (this trade isn't that one-sided without this)

PHX obtains:
Daniel Gibson (can shoot threes)
Wally Sczerbiak (a S&T, just sign him at 8 million or something cuz HE WAS AN ALL-STAR, TOTALLY DESERVES IT)
2010 Cavs 1st round (I can totally see them losing 62 in a row, and the Nets owning the Cavs)
2010 Cavs 2nd round (as mentioned)
Ilgauskas (so we can buy him out and have him return to Cleveland to enjoy a 77 loss season, HOORAY)

Totally makes sense :lol:
I don't know really
normally I do disagree with people, but I don't go laughing at their opinions as if they are jokes, but this one is a joke
Phoenix Suns
San Francisco 49ers
UCLA Bruins
SportsInfoBar
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Post#80 » by SportsInfoBar » Tue Dec 8, 2009 3:18 pm

MaryvalesFinest wrote:How many all-star games did Varajeo make?

How many all-star games did Amare make?

That's what I thought

Now when Lebron bolts next summer you're saying you would rather have Hickson and Varajeo as your best players? Good luck with that buddy :lol:

If Amare was here and Lebron bolted, how well would that work out? If Amare won't play defense in Phoenix, what makes you think he would here? Amare would poison the team if Lebron bolted. And the odds are that he would bolt also...so then we would have traded one of our building blocks for .....nothing.

All Star games generally mean you can score the ball, in rare cases do the reward defensive players. And Amare of 2 years ago is a totally different player than Amare of today. Amare has had 2 major surgeries, plays no defense, is owed almost $18 million next year---if he was so good, why in the world would you guys even think of trading him??

If Hickson can play and put up 14pts and 7 boards a night, is it really worth $15 million more for 5 more pts a night? Since Hickson has moved into the starting lineup he is shooting 61%, which is tops for ALL power forwards in the league in that time frame (sure a lot of the shots are from Lebron's passing, but it isn't like Amare doesn't play with the best point guard in the league, right?). IF you guys had Hickson, you would be talking the same way us Cavs fans are about him.

And Lou verse Andy is not even close...Andy is a legit 6'11" and is a GREAT defender, he is known for flopping, but he really doesn't do that as much anymore (the refs stopped calling it is one of the main reasons)...he plays great help and man defense and takes a lot of legitimate charges. His offensive game has grown each year in the league...he probably won't ever be a good jump shooter, but he works on his close to the basket moves and is very good at cutting to the rim at the right times.

Return to Phoenix Suns