ImageImageImage

All Amare Trade Talk Here

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

realsunsfan
Rookie
And1: 132

Re: All Amare Trade Talk Here 

Post#1461 » by realsunsfan » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:43 pm

Traxxe wrote:Even when I posted last night I said it was probably BS. I'll keep posting here as a fan as I enjoy it but I'm done sharing what I am hearing.

It's not worth the hassle helping peeps out here. I'm being nice to share to fellow fans. I don't do it to be trash talked.

But yes, still down for a smoke and a beer.

Hey Traxxe, I'll take this moment to extend an apology for my previous post regaurding you and your posts. I'm not saying I have changed my stance, but I am saying it is not my place to comment on the validity of your information. It is up to me to believe or not believe what you say, but it is important for some fellow suns fans so I extend my apology.
AZWildByNature
Senior
And1: 86

Post#1462 » by AZWildByNature » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:57 pm

PHOENIX 2009-10 2010-11
GIVE Amar'e Stoudamire 16,378,325 17,686,100
Jason Richardson 13,333,332 14,444,443

GET Tracy McGrady 22,483,124
Udonis Haslem 7,100,000

MIAMI 2009-10 2010-11
GIVE Jermaine O'Neal 23,016,000
Udonis Haslem 7,100,000

GET Amar'e Stoudamire 16,378,325 17,686,100

HOUSTON 2009-10 2010-11
GIVE Tracy McGrady 22,483,124

GET Jermaine O'Neal 23,016,000

PICKS WOULD HAVE TO BE INVOLVED.
Miklo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 278

Post#1463 » by Miklo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:05 pm

realsunsfan wrote:
Traxxe wrote:Even when I posted last night I said it was probably BS. I'll keep posting here as a fan as I enjoy it but I'm done sharing what I am hearing.

It's not worth the hassle helping peeps out here. I'm being nice to share to fellow fans. I don't do it to be trash talked.

But yes, still down for a smoke and a beer.

Hey Traxxe, I'll take this moment to extend an apology for my previous post regaurding you and your posts. I'm not saying I have changed my stance, but I am saying it is not my place to comment on the validity of your information. It is up to me to believe or not believe what you say, but it is important for some fellow suns fans so I extend my apology.

Look we've always had insiders and we've always had haters and lovers. I said it before and I'll say it again - Traxxe is not Sarver (I think) so he is not making decisions. He's a few steps closer to some information than most of us - and he shares what he hears - to be taken at face value. I've always been a proponent of, if you don't like inside information or doubt the source, or especially if you think a few bad rumors mean a phoney, then just ignore. Traxxe has been backed by at least one mod so he's not sitting there lying.

That said, Traxxe you know as well as anyone else that the board has really appreciated your insight. I made a comment when you first joined tongue in cheek about "yet another insider". At the time I was upset about how some things that had transpired had likely undermined the efforts of the front office. I took that back when I realized that you respected the processes and were not just spilling everything. Now for a little tough love; you know I of all people here really likes you as a poster and I'll tell you right now; there will always be "haters". You can't let that get to you. I'm not even an insider and I get plenty of hate for some posts. I don't let that force me to back down, and neither should you. So it's your decision, the ball is in your court. I just don't think you should make a decision based on petty grounds.
Miklo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1464 » by Miklo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:10 pm

rsavaj wrote:
BurningHeart wrote:Arghhhhh @ the Adande article.

Yeah. It has me really down actually. It's tough to keep losing all of our guys. JJ, Marion, Boris, Raja....hell, I even miss Eddie, Kurt, Junior, Jim Jackson.

Blah.

Thanks for posting the article - I agree with your sentiment about thinking at one point that Amar'e was the future of our franchise and the game itself for many years to come. Truth be told, I'm probably one of few that would be happy to see him stay - happier than most of the trades out there. I understand as well as the next guy that there is a ceiling on our team right now, but that doesn't make it any easier to let a guy who is still one of my favorite players in the league go.

I'm a little down and out here. I will live and die by the Suns no matter who is on the roster but its a shame some of the guys who have slipped through our fingers. The organization has certainly lacked focus and at some times, drive. We need to pick a plan and stick to it. We need to pick players and stick to them.

No matter who Amar'e goes to, even if it was the Spurs (which I know wouldn't happen, just saying), I will wish him the best and hope he gets back to his peak level. I'll keep my picture up. I may even get an Amar'e Sixers jersey. I just hope that we are eventually able to see the same heart out of SarvKerr that we see out of the Mark Cubans of the league.
Go7enKs
Senior
And1: 0

Post#1465 » by Go7enKs » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:27 pm

AZWildByNature wrote:PHOENIX 2009-10 2010-11
GIVE Amar'e Stoudamire 16,378,325 17,686,100

GET Tracy McGrady 22,483,124
Udonis Haslem 7,100,000

MIAMI 2009-10 2010-11
GIVE Jermaine O'Neal 23,016,000
Udonis Haslem 7,100,000

GET Amar'e Stoudamire 16,378,325 17,686,100

HOUSTON 2009-10 2010-11
GIVE Tracy McGrady 22,483,124

GET Jermaine O'Neal 23,016,000

PICKS WOULD HAVE TO BE INVOLVED.

And why would Houston do that exactly? To have JO for six months? I don't think he's a difference maer at this point and exchanging expiring contratcs makes no sense for Houston.
My "Bright Side of the Sun" profile
Twitter account: @lorenzoFB
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,828

Post#1466 » by DowJones » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:30 pm

How about this deal? Phoenix gets talent for Amare, Philly gets a package of picks/young prospect/salary relief for Iggy, and Cleveland gets a title.

Phoenix Trades
-Amare Stoudemire

Phoenix Gets
-Andre Iguodala
-Wally Z (sign and trade for filler)
-2010 2nd rounder from Philly

Philly Trades
-Andre Iguodala
-Samuel Dalembert
-2010 2nd rounder

Philly Gets
-Shaquille O'Neal
-JJ Hickson
-2010 1st rounder from Cleveland
-2012 1st rounder from Cleveland (could be big if LeBron bolts)

Cleveland Trades
-Shaquille O'Neal
-Wally Z
-JJ Hickson
-2010 1st round pick
-2012 1st round pick

Cleveland Gets
-Amare Stoudemire
-Samuel Dalembert

Why for Phoenix
-They get something in return for Amare. Iggy then replaces Hill and forms an interesting 3-guard lineup with Richardson and Nash.

Why for Philly
-Salary dump. They get rid of Sam and Iggy's contracts and re-load. They also get a future 1st that "could" be valuable in a few years (think NY Knicks pick that Utah has this year) and a decent young big in Hickson. They can also save more money after they buy Shaq out.

Why for Cleveland
-Amare in Cleveland=LeBron staying. Sam Dalembert is a tall/defensive minded Center that can battle Shaq, plus there would be a chance Shaq could return to Cleveland if he wants.
Sun Scorched
Lead Assistant
And1: 280

Post#1467 » by Sun Scorched » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:37 pm

DowJones wrote:How about this deal? Phoenix gets talent for Amare, Philly gets a package of picks/young prospect/salary relief for Iggy, and Cleveland gets a title.

What I think you're going to run up against here is the complexity of the trade.

I just don't think Kerr can keep track of all of those moving pieces........
On Steve Nash:
G35 wrote:He may run a great offense but I wouldn't choose him over Amare to start a team.
Miklo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1468 » by Miklo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:37 pm

I think Cleveland gets the best out of that deal. Philly has more to offer us in a straight up swap - especially if we can do the Amar'e/JRich for Brand/Iggy/First rounder.

I would be interested to see if there were any good 3 ways where we send both Amar'e and JRich, and somehow come out with a first rounder - if not I'd just prefer the straight Suns/Sixers trade.
justinb80
Pro Prospect

Post#1469 » by justinb80 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:41 pm

Well after reading through 10 pages of posts since last night, I gotta say, I'm shocked at how many of you want to take on Brand's contract. He's already 30, injuries have made him 2/3rds of the player he used to be, and he's only gonna get older and slower as his contract number climbs higher. The only players I have interest for from the 76ers is Iguodala, Speights, and Young. Even Iguodala is almost too old of a player to get for a rebuilding team, but he's still pretty young and very effective.

But in no way, shape, or form would I take on Brand's contract and I don't think the Suns' FO is stupid enough to, either, especially when the 76ers seem willing to dump Iguodala anyway.
Miklo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1470 » by Miklo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:45 pm

justinb80 wrote:Well after reading through 10 pages of posts since last night, I gotta say, I'm shocked at how many of you want to take on Brand's contract. He's already 30, injuries have made him 2/3rds of the player he used to be, and he's only gonna get older and slower as his contract number climbs higher. The only players I have interest for from the 76ers is Iguodala, Speights, and Young. Even Iguodala is almost too old of a player to get for a rebuilding team, but he's still pretty young and very effective.

But in no way, shape, or form would I take on Brand's contract and I don't think the Suns' FO is stupid enough to, either, especially when the 76ers seem willing to dump Iguodala anyway.

I guess I have trouble seeing how such an old decrepit player drops 23-26 and 10 every time he gets consistent, meaningful minutes.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,828

Post#1471 » by DowJones » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:47 pm

Miklo wrote:I think Cleveland gets the best out of that deal. Philly has more to offer us in a straight up swap - especially if we can do the Amar'e/JRich for Brand/Iggy/First rounder.

I would be interested to see if there were any good 3 ways where we send both Amar'e and JRich, and somehow come out with a first rounder - if not I'd just prefer the straight Suns/Sixers trade.

True. I just don't think Sarver would EVER take on Brand's contract---especially in combination with having to pay Iggy.

If it were me I would include Z and ship him to Phoenix for Richardson. That would save you guys even more money for this year and you lose Richardson's HUGE contract. But I don't see how Cleveland could afford a Mo-Richardson-LeBron-Amare-Dalembert starting unit. Those are 5 really big contracts on 1 team that go beyond this year.
justinb80
Pro Prospect

Post#1472 » by justinb80 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:56 pm

I still think Brand's an effective player, but not to the level he was. And by the time his contract's up, he'll be 34 and getting paid $18m/year. Talk about a crippling contract.
justinb80
Pro Prospect

Post#1473 » by justinb80 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:24 pm

Chad Ford, our favorite ESPN reporter, wrote a column today about the 10 most likely teams to deal by the deadline, and the Suns aren't on the list. Weird to me.
bdownbear
Senior
And1: 1

Post#1474 » by bdownbear » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:33 pm

justinb80 wrote:Chad Ford, our favorite ESPN reporter, wrote a column today about the 10 most likely teams to deal by the deadline, and the Suns aren't on the list. Weird to me.

Which teams were on that list......Just curious.
justinb80
Pro Prospect

Post#1475 » by justinb80 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:33 pm

A tweet from ESPN's Ric Bucher:

" 'Epicenter' of trade talk, 1 GM says, has shifted from Wizards to Suns, courtesy of Amare's availability. Sixers also unlikely to stand pat."
justinb80
Pro Prospect

Post#1476 » by justinb80 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:35 pm

bdownbear wrote:
justinb80 wrote:Chad Ford, our favorite ESPN reporter, wrote a column today about the 10 most likely teams to deal by the deadline, and the Suns aren't on the list. Weird to me.

Which teams were on that list......Just curious.

Contenders:

Cavs
Lakers
Magic
Mavs

Looking toward next season:

Wizards
Pacers
Pistons

Shaving payroll:

Jazz
76ers
Warriors
Miklo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1477 » by Miklo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:48 pm

justinb80 wrote:A tweet from ESPN's Ric Bucher:

" 'Epicenter' of trade talk, 1 GM says, has shifted from Wizards to Suns, courtesy of Amare's availability. Sixers also unlikely to stand pat."

I just asked Coro on twitter,

@paulcoro Good piece Wednesday on Amar'e's play as of late. Any updates on the latest rumors...Philly, Washington, Golden State, etc?

Will post a response if he gives one.
Sun Scorched
Lead Assistant
And1: 280

Post#1478 » by Sun Scorched » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:55 pm

justinb80 wrote:I still think Brand's an effective player, but not to the level he was. And by the time his contract's up, he'll be 34 and getting paid $18m/year. Talk about a crippling contract.

Ya, I'm surprised more people entering the wrong side of 30 aren't put on a Hinrich-esque declining scale contract.

I think the new CBA will see some new and more creative approaches to contracts. I think contracts should be more tied to incentive and less tied to simply showing up.
On Steve Nash:
G35 wrote:He may run a great offense but I wouldn't choose him over Amare to start a team.
MaryvalesFinest
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#1479 » by MaryvalesFinest » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:59 pm

Seems like a slow news day today...
Miklo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1480 » by Miklo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:01 pm

MaryvalesFinest wrote:Seems like a slow news day today...

Yeah it does.

First post on page 100??

EDIT: no, blast it

Return to Phoenix Suns