ImageImageImage

All Amare Trade Talk Here

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

justinb80
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Re: All Amare Trade Talk Here 

Post#1481 » by justinb80 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:03 pm

MaryvalesFinest wrote:Seems like a slow news day today...

Yep, usually I wake up to a new Yahoo story or something new that Traxxe said.
hunterxaz
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#1482 » by hunterxaz » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:03 pm

Guess teams don't like when you only have 1 rebound...
The Phoenix Suns - 54-28. Projected Record: 54-28 3rd Seed

The Phoenix Suns - 2010-2011 Projected Record: 30-52 3rd lottery pick.
MaryvalesFinest
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#1483 » by MaryvalesFinest » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:04 pm

Wonder what happens if this thread goes over 100 pages :lol:
Miklo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 278

Post#1484 » by Miklo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:05 pm

hunterxaz wrote:Guess teams don't like when you only have 1 rebound...

I know, right? He's basically asking to stay in Phoenix with his crap play the last few games
sunfire0112
Bench Warmer

Post#1485 » by sunfire0112 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:12 pm

MaryvalesFinest wrote:Wonder what happens if this thread goes over 100 pages :lol:

I remember someone wanted to organize a bet on when we break 100 pages. Might be too late now. :(
justinb80
Pro Prospect

Post#1486 » by justinb80 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:13 pm

Miklo wrote:
hunterxaz wrote:Guess teams don't like when you only have 1 rebound...

I know, right? He's basically asking to stay in Phoenix with his crap play the last few games

It might backfire and he'll end up getting traded for pennies on the dollar just to get rid of him.
crmdvd
Sophomore

Post#1487 » by crmdvd » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:14 pm

MaryvalesFinest wrote:Seems like a slow news day today...

Its the quiet before the storm. :D
sunfire0112
Bench Warmer

Post#1488 » by sunfire0112 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:14 pm

Wooo!!! We broke 100 pages!
justinb80
Pro Prospect

Post#1489 » by justinb80 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:19 pm

sunfire0112 wrote:Wooo!!! We broke 100 pages!

If the trade doesn't happen until right before the deadline, this thing will be over 200 pages.
Wormwood74
Junior
And1: 62

Post#1490 » by Wormwood74 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:27 pm

There's reported interest from Chicago about Amare. I have an idea that even Sarver would love....

Suns Get: Miller, James, Noah, Thomas, 1st round pick
Bulls Get: JRich, Amare, Lopez

First off, the salary disparity gets us under the luxury tax this season. Saves the team ~15 million dollars.

Noah is an upgrade over Lopez, it ditches JRiches contract, and gets us back an athletic PF who plays some defense. It sucks now, but this summer we suddenly have a ridiculous amount of space under the cap (about ~24 million under the cap), with a core group of players to build around (Nash, Barbs, Hill, Dudley, Frye, Dragic!, Clark, Noah, re-signed Thomas, 15th pick)

With all that cap space, we'll be in great shape to go after either a marquee name (Bosh?, Dirk (think he'd like to play with his best buddy again in a system that fits him?)), or several mid-level guys who would fill a role for us (Gooden, Camby, Haslem, Larry Hughes, Sergio Rodriguez, Ginobili, Boozer, Korver, Mike Miller).
justinb80
Pro Prospect

Post#1491 » by justinb80 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:29 pm

Wormwood74 wrote:There's reported interest from Chicago about Amare. I have an idea that even Sarver would love....

First off, the salary disparity gets us under the luxury tax this season. Saves the team ~15 million dollars.

Noah is an upgrade over Lopez, it ditches JRiches contract, and gets us back an athletic PF who plays some defense. It sucks now, but this summer we suddenly have a ridiculous amount of space under the cap (about ~24 million under the cap), with a core group of vets to build around (Nash, Barbs, Hill, Dudley, Frye, Dragic!, Clark, 15th pick)

With all that cap space, we'll be in great shape to go after either a marquee name (Bosh?, Dirk (think he'd like to play with his best buddy again in a system that fits him?)), or several mid-level guys who would fill a role for us (Gooden, Camby, Haslem, Larry Hughes, Sergio Rodriguez, Ginobili, Boozer, Korver, Mike Miller).

I'd probably do this, but I don't really see Chicago's motivation.
crmdvd
Sophomore

Post#1492 » by crmdvd » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:31 pm

Wormwood74 wrote:There's reported interest from Chicago about Amare. I have an idea that even Sarver would love....

Noah is an upgrade over Lopez, it ditches JRiches contract, and gets us back an athletic PF who plays some defense. It sucks now, but this summer we suddenly have a ridiculous amount of space under the cap (about ~24 million under the cap), with a core group of players to build around (Nash, Barbs, Hill, Dudley, Frye, Dragic!, Clark, Noah, re-signed Thomas, 15th pick)

There is no way of the Bulls trading Noah for a downward spiraling Amare. Noah only gets included in a trade for LeBron, Wade or Bosh. :roll: :lol:
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,544

Post#1493 » by Stix » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:31 pm

You forgot to include Lube going to Chicago...
hunterxaz
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#1494 » by hunterxaz » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:34 pm

I'd do that trade in a second.
The Phoenix Suns - 54-28. Projected Record: 54-28 3rd Seed

The Phoenix Suns - 2010-2011 Projected Record: 30-52 3rd lottery pick.
sunfire0112
Bench Warmer

Post#1495 » by sunfire0112 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:39 pm

No way Chicago does that deal.

Also, I thought Chicago talks have cooled down (or weren't that hot to begin with).
justinb80
Pro Prospect

Post#1496 » by justinb80 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:43 pm

sunfire0112 wrote:No way Chicago does that deal.

Also, I thought Chicago talks have cooled down (or weren't that hot to begin with).

I hope so. I poo-poo on all of the realistic trades with Chicago.
Wormwood74
Junior
And1: 62

Post#1497 » by Wormwood74 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:46 pm

Do you think Chi-town would do it if the 1st rounder wasn't included?

I have to wonder if the Bulls would do it just because they wouldn't have enough to offer a true maximum deal in the offseason. Basically, Amare and his Bird rights equate to "a bird in hand is worth two in the bush."

ESPN posted something recently (which is posted over at .net) which indicates Bulls are still interested.
sunfire0112
Bench Warmer

Post#1498 » by sunfire0112 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:49 pm

justinb80 wrote:
sunfire0112 wrote:No way Chicago does that deal.

I hope so. I poo-poo on all of the realistic trades with Chicago.

+1

I got the vibe that CHI has been low-balling us ever since last year. Plus, other than Noah and Rose, their players exude mediocrity.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,834

Post#1499 » by Qwigglez » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:53 pm

crmdvd wrote:

There is no way of the Bulls trading Noah for a downward spiraling Amare. Noah only gets included in a trade for LeBron, Wade or Bosh. :roll: :lol:

Because Joakim Noah is in the same league as a Bosh/Amare/Duncan. :roll:
crmdvd
Sophomore

Post#1500 » by crmdvd » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:58 pm

Qwigglez wrote:
crmdvd wrote:

Because Joakim Noah is in the same league as a Bosh/Amare/Duncan. :roll:

I'm not saying that Noah is in the same league as a Bosh, LeBron, Wade, Duncan, Howard etc... It would take more than just Noah to get those guys. But I wouldn't include Noah in any Amare deal.

Return to Phoenix Suns