ImageImageImage

All Amare Trade Talk Here

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

albasuna
Rookie
And1: 1

Re: All Amare Trade Talk Here 

Post#1501 » by albasuna » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:03 pm

Noah is average 11 boards and plays good defense, meanwhile Amare is having 1 rebound games and plays little to no defense.
Miklo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 278

Post#1502 » by Miklo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:04 pm

sunfire0112 wrote:Plus, other than Noah and Rose, their players exude mediocrity.

+1..I can't get too excited over most of their pieces. I was higher on Tyrus but even he has shown no rise towards his stated potential.
MaryvalesFinest
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#1503 » by MaryvalesFinest » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:23 pm

Just came up with this three way, seems realistic...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachi ... Id=ykgk24z

One that includes Jay also

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachi ... Id=yk733pm
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,084
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Post#1504 » by Clint Eastwood » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:23 pm

Miklo wrote:
sunfire0112 wrote:Plus, other than Noah and Rose, their players exude mediocrity.

+1..I can't get too excited over most of their pieces. I was higher on Tyrus but even he has shown no rise towards his stated potential.

i have been a tyrus supporter for the bulls. and even i have started to doubt him. but this is a guy who has been yanked around since the skiles days and never has been given any leeway to make mistakes. when motivated and starting, i still think he has all star potential. if we traded you tyrus and hinrich for amare, i think you would be pleasantly surprised and would resign tyrus. but his value is very low right now for what it should be.
We have Martell Webster. He's called Kyle Korver here, and we shall love him and squeeze him and call him Ashton. -BrooklynBulls
Miklo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 278

Post#1505 » by Miklo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:26 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:
Miklo wrote:

i have been a tyrus supporter for the bulls. and even i have started to doubt him. but this is a guy who has been yanked around since the skiles days and never has been given any leeway to make mistakes. when motivated and starting, i still think he has all star potential. if we traded you tyrus and hinrich for amare, i think you would be pleasantly surprised and would resign tyrus. but his value is very low right now for what it should be.

Yeah understandable for sure. I still see lots of potential in Tyrus, and would like to see him in Phoenix. However, and I may be wrong depending on how this Philly rumor pans out, we may be able to get a bit more value elsewhere.

And by the way, no offense by what I said about not being too excited about some of your pieces :oops:
I really just meant in the frame of offers we've seen and workable trade ideas.
justinb80
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#1506 » by justinb80 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:33 pm

I fall in and out of love with Tyrus Thomas. I see his 20/10 games and think "Wow!" but those games don't come very often, and then I get frustrated. But then I see that the dude is still just 23 years old, and I think it might work out okay for him again. I don't know. If the Suns did a trade to get him, I think I'd learn to love him.
justinb80
Pro Prospect

Post#1507 » by justinb80 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:36 pm

I also try to remember that Thomas has only had the opportunity to work under a coach that hates rookies (Skiles) who didn't utilize him and a terrible coach (Del Negro) who has no idea how to utilize him.
MarJJMar
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#1508 » by MarJJMar » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:39 pm

That's because Thomas lacks any basketball IQ whatsoever.
mo4allstar
Banned User

Post#1509 » by mo4allstar » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:44 pm

im tellin you guys watch out for a 3 way with suns sixers and cavs. sending iggy to suns and amare to cleveland.
Jordan45822
RealGM
And1: 1,796

Post#1510 » by Jordan45822 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:45 pm

MarJJMar wrote:That's because Thomas lacks any basketball IQ whatsoever.

Really can't argue there.
justinb80
Pro Prospect

Post#1511 » by justinb80 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:45 pm

mo4allstar wrote:im tellin you guys watch out for a 3 way with suns sixers and cavs. sending iggy to suns and amare to cleveland.

3-ways are very hard to pull off, so I'll believe it when I see it.
MaryvalesFinest
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#1512 » by MaryvalesFinest » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:57 pm

mo4allstar wrote:im tellin you guys watch out for a 3 way with suns sixers and cavs. sending iggy to suns and amare to cleveland.

Something like this could work...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachi ... Id=yj6qg3a
ma_falaa_50
Analyst

Post#1513 » by ma_falaa_50 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:01 pm

Iggy for amare? I think the suns need a PF that can actually do the job consistently.

gut check time suckas!
Wormwood74
Junior
And1: 62

Post#1514 » by Wormwood74 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:17 pm

The trade machine hangs when I click the link. Here's one idea that definitively does work, as long as you assume Philly is in pure salary dumping mode:

Phoenix Gets: Iggy, Hickson
Cavs Get: Stoudemire
76'ers Get: Z, Daniel Green

You also have to assume that Amare is enough of a stretch 4 that it meets their needs. Rumors have it they're hotter for Jamison at the moment. Suns love this one: they get a local hero who moves the ball around well and a young PF prospect.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,322

Post#1515 » by DirtyDez » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:25 pm

We need Iggy here bad. Great player, in his prime, athletic, can score, run the floor and most importantly a NBA legit lock-down defender. We need him + filler + 1st Round Pick.

Yuck at any Chicago deal.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
Triumph36
Starter

Post#1516 » by Triumph36 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:26 pm

MaryvalesFinest wrote:

Noway from Cleveland - taking on Brand AND giving up Delonte/Hickson? Yuck.

I do think there is potential for a CLE-PHX-PHI 3 way deal, though.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,322

Post#1517 » by DirtyDez » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:27 pm

Wormwood74 wrote:The trade machine hangs when I click the link. Here's one idea that definitively does work, as long as you assume Philly is in pure salary dumping mode:

You also have to assume that Amare is enough of a stretch 4 that it meets their needs. Rumors have it they're hotter for Jamison at the moment. Suns love this one: they get a local hero who moves the ball around well and a young PF prospect.

In a second. CLE would have to throw in a pick to make it work i think.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
DBrimstone
Sixth Man

Post#1518 » by DBrimstone » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:29 pm

DirtyDez wrote:We need Iggy here bad. Great player, in his prime, athletic, can score, run the floor and most importantly a NBA legit lock-down defender. We need him + filler + 1st Round Pick.

Yuck at any Chicago deal.

Iggy's not in his prime tough. He's 26. Most people don't hit their actual prime til they're like 28. Which is even more perfect. I'd want speights as the filler. Then get rid of J-Rich any way we can. And LB's looking very expendable right now too. A guard lineup of Nash, Iggy, and Dragic, would be sick. They can all handle the ball, Dragic and Nash can drain 3's, they can all get in the lane and pass, and Dragic and Iggy will defend. Long contract of Iggy's be darned! He's worth every penny!
DBrimstone
Sixth Man

Post#1519 » by DBrimstone » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:30 pm

DirtyDez wrote:
Wormwood74 wrote:The trade machine hangs when I click the link. Here's one idea that definitively does work, as long as you assume Philly is in pure salary dumping mode:

In a second. CLE would have to throw in a pick to make it work i think.

In half a second! Consider yourself one up-ed
justinb80
Pro Prospect

Post#1520 » by justinb80 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:31 pm

MaryvalesFinest wrote:

You really think the Cavs want Shaq AND Brand on the same team? Plus, they trade away two of their three point guards.

Return to Phoenix Suns