ImageImageImage

All Amare Trade Talk Here

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

chriscringle95
Senior
And1: 0

Re: Realistic replacement for Amare 

Post#21 » by chriscringle95 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:14 am

Say what you want about Amare but he is the premier offensive forward in basketball outside of LeBron. Amare is max material. Lee is not. He is on losing teams and he is not better than Amare in any facet of basketball except.... nothing!
chriscringle95
Senior

Post#22 » by chriscringle95 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:17 am

None of the guys listed can replace a STAT! Put STAT on any contender and you have the front runner for the NBA Championship. Boston, Lakers, Cavs, Spurs, Mavs. Hell even Miami! Amare can play center or forward and own the comp on the offensive end at either position.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,322

Post#23 » by DirtyDez » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:45 am

chriscringle95 wrote:Say what you want about Amare but he is the premier offensive forward in basketball outside of LeBron. Amare is max material. Lee is not. He is on losing teams and he is not better than Amare in any facet of basketball except.... nothing!

Take off the homer glasses. Amare is not worth Max. He goes hard on one side of the ball and gets owned on the other. Lee at 10 mil>Amare at Max. PERIOD.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
MarJJMar
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#24 » by MarJJMar » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:47 am

You won't get Lee for 10 million, when will people get this.

Big man are getting paid in this league, simple.

And if Lee is all that good, New York won't let him leave in the first place and I doubt Lee wants to leave New York anyway.

Plus Lee is a worse player than Amare, even worse defensively.

Why the hell would the Suns want to lock themselves in with a Lee, Nash, Richardson core or whatever? They would be worse than now and comitted to salary. Say hello to 35 win seasons and dragging out the Nash era as much as possible before rebuilding.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#25 » by Kerrsed » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:05 am

MarJJMar wrote:You won't get Lee for 10 million, when will people get this.

Never!

MarJJMar wrote:Big man are getting paid in this league, simple.

Not in this recession they arnt! especially with the Cap dropping as it has.

MarJJMar wrote:And if Lee is all that good, New York won't let him leave in the first place and I doubt Lee wants to leave New York anyway.

New York is doing WHATEVER it takes to get LeBron or Wade hence only signing him to a 1 year deal, and who wouldnt want to leave New York! Im sure if Lebron does go to NY, Lee will want to stay, but he knows he could help a team contend right away,

MarJJMar wrote:Plus Lee is a worse player than Amare, even worse defensively.

Laughable! You need to write jokes for Jay Leno. Maybe you could help his ratings if people find what you say as funny as i do!

MarJJMar wrote:Why the hell would the Suns want to lock themselves in with a Lee, Nash, Richardson core or whatever? They would be worse than now and comitted to salary. Say hello to 35 win seasons and dragging out the Nash era as much as possible before rebuilding.

Im sure we could find a taker for Nash or Richardson. Pick up Lee and let the re-build begin!

Sometimes you just make it too easy!
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
sunfire0112
Bench Warmer

Post#26 » by sunfire0112 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:32 am

I think Lee is a bit overhyped on this board. Like the rebounding and hustle but his offensive game is way behind (and will never be as good as) Amare's. I also believe Amare is a better defender, though not by much. Don't want to trade for D.Lee because the chance we overpay him is high and we do not get his bird rights.
MrVince
Rookie
And1: 218

Post#27 » by MrVince » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:03 am

I'd like Lee and Green but I don't think we will be able to get Green, he has seemed to mesh with the Thunder perfectly.
SideSwipe
Analyst
And1: 665

Post#28 » by SideSwipe » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:25 am

Sunsfire, not commenting on anything other than the bird rights comment. Lee's Bird rights would transfer if he was traded. He has been with the knicks for more than three years. So long as a player has been with a single team for more than three years, they get Bird rights, and those Bird rights are transferable upon trade.

I like Lee, but he is a 8.5/10 of Amare. Better rebounder, less height, less explosiveness, higher overall BBIQ, better team player. Defense is about even by my reckoning, with a slight edge to Lee if I have to choose. I laughed at $10 million for Lee last season (too high), but I think it is realistic at this point to think that a team in FA2010 will gladly give him a salary starting at $11 million with raises over 5 years. He is still young and has shown he improves every season. We don't know how good he will get yet. He may continue to work on his body control, his footwork and his outside shot on offense, and on his footwork and positioning on defense. If he did that he would be a very nice player to have. OUtside of that, though, he is a very good role player that will need to have 1 or 2 stars around him for his teams to win. With Amare, he can't do it by himself, but with him it may only require 1 other good star to make a good run.

Beasely has the talent, but is a head case. Will he ever have the motor or grit it takes to win? Thomas has plateaued and has a difficult time on the offensive end, and despite his awesome athleticism still isn't great defensively. Green is very talented, but might also be more of a role player on a good team. The most intriguing one to me (not my choice, though) is Landry. He is a guy who has grit and tenacity. If his physicality (size -he's 6' 8.5" in shoes ) and skills matched some of the other guys in this conversation, this probably wouldn't be much of a vote. As such though, David Lee is my vote. He is performing at a high level currently and has done it on a big stage. He has learned to play through adversity and still do well. For that, I would rather make a play for him over all the other guys.
MarJJMar
Banned User

Post#29 » by MarJJMar » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:50 am

Lee is giving up 50ppg estimated over 48 mpg to Power Forwards when he plays that position and 21 to centers.

He is an atrocious defender.
DBrimstone
Sixth Man

Post#30 » by DBrimstone » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:05 am

Only problem with Landry is... We'll never get him. We've got nothing that fits into the Houson mold AND makes the numbers work while not screwing our future. I love the kid, it just won't happen :(
dantian
Starter
And1: 27

Post#31 » by dantian » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:26 am

SideSwipe wrote:Sunsfire, not commenting on anything other than the bird rights comment. Lee's Bird rights would transfer if he was traded. He has been with the knicks for more than three years. So long as a player has been with a single team for more than three years, they get Bird rights, and those Bird rights are transferable upon trade.

I like Lee, but he is a 8.5/10 of Amare. Better rebounder, less height, less explosiveness, higher overall BBIQ, better team player. Defense is about even by my reckoning, with a slight edge to Lee if I have to choose. I laughed at $10 million for Lee last season (too high), but I think it is realistic at this point to think that a team in FA2010 will gladly give him a salary starting at $11 million with raises over 5 years. He is still young and has shown he improves every season. We don't know how good he will get yet. He may continue to work on his body control, his footwork and his outside shot on offense, and on his footwork and positioning on defense. If he did that he would be a very nice player to have. OUtside of that, though, he is a very good role player that will need to have 1 or 2 stars around him for his teams to win. With Amare, he can't do it by himself, but with him it may only require 1 other good star to make a good run.

Beasely has the talent, but is a head case. Will he ever have the motor or grit it takes to win? Thomas has plateaued and has a difficult time on the offensive end, and despite his awesome athleticism still isn't great defensively. Green is very talented, but might also be more of a role player on a good team. The most intriguing one to me (not my choice, though) is Landry. He is a guy who has grit and tenacity. If his physicality (size -he's 6' 8.5" in shoes ) and skills matched some of the other guys in this conversation, this probably wouldn't be much of a vote. As such though, David Lee is my vote. He is performing at a high level currently and has done it on a big stage. He has learned to play through adversity and still do well. For that, I would rather make a play for him over all the other guys.

This is exactly why the best way of rebuilding would have to start with committing Amare to the team, if we don't want to live through 10 years of Clippers' existence before ever getting relevant again. Any contender needs at least two complementary stars on the team. None of the mentioned counts as such one, with Landry having potential maybe. Amare can be the second such star. Proponents for those players in the poll gotta tell us where these two pillar stars for a contender may be from. Yes, via sucking and drafting that'd average to about 10 years to get there, with the potential of never. So, it's a lot easier to have one such pillar already in place like Celtics with Pierce or Hawks with JJ.
sunfire0112
Bench Warmer

Post#32 » by sunfire0112 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:05 am

SideSwipe wrote:Sunsfire, not commenting on anything other than the bird rights comment. Lee's Bird rights would transfer if he was traded. He has been with the knicks for more than three years. So long as a player has been with a single team for more than three years, they get Bird rights, and those Bird rights are transferable upon trade.

I was under the assumption that since D.Lee signed a one year deal without a team-option, his bird rights would not transfer if he were traded.

A player signed to a one-year contract who would be a Bird or Early Bird player at the conclusion of his contract cannot be traded without the player’s consent. If the player consents and is traded, he will lose whatever “Bird” rights he has acquired (i.e., he will be considered to have moved to the new team as a free agent).

CBA Principal Deal Points
nashill
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#33 » by nashill » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:43 am

talking about long term? carl landry.... he is not a franchise player but at least he can be go to guy sometimes... more reliable than amare...

lee? good role player..

beasley? too small for a ppower forward..
Spurs.Grizzlies.Hawks.Bulls.Wizards.
nashill
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#34 » by nashill » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:53 am

DBrimstone wrote:Only problem with Landry is... We'll never get him. We've got nothing that fits into the Houson mold AND makes the numbers work while not screwing our future. I love the kid, it just won't happen :(

landry + tmac for + amare+jrich
Spurs.Grizzlies.Hawks.Bulls.Wizards.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#35 » by RunDogGun » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:56 am

I actually would like to see Craig Smith come here. Not really a replacement for Amare, because there really isn't one, but an aggressive PF that can put the ball in the basket. Not a bad defender, and a bit small, but very strong, and he doesn't back down from a challenge. He can come off the bench and be a spark.
MarJJMar
Banned User

Post#36 » by MarJJMar » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:14 am

nashill wrote:talking about long term? carl landry.... he is not a franchise player but at least he can be go to guy sometimes... more reliable than amare...

lee? good role player..

beasley? too small for a ppower forward..

Landry is more reliable go to guy than Amare? :roll:
That is absolutely ridiculous.

Btw Landry is just as small as Beasley. Landry is 6'8 1/2 in shoes.

Great 6th man, PF to build around? Hell no..
Aussie 2point0
Junior

Amare Trade 

Post#37 » by Aussie 2point0 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:27 am

Hey guys I'm a nets fan coming in peace, definately not trolling, I would like to offer a trade. i'm very thick skinned so flame away if you feel you need to. It works on the trade checker. Doesn't mean it works in reality.

Nets send

Devin Harris
Yi jinlian
Josh Boone.
I am also prepared to throw in dallas' first round pick (which we own)

Nets get
Amare

I'm short on time right now. But I will explain my reasoning soon. Very interested to hear your thoughts.
If it's a terrible trade in your eyes then i apologise in advance for wasting your time. Unexplained it does look homerish for us. but I will get back to you soon

Cheers!!
BVPN
Sixth Man
And1: 292

Re: Amare Trade 

Post#38 » by BVPN » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:43 am

How about we wait till after the draft lottery, and if you guys don't get #1 or 2, trade us your pick+Yi instead of Harris for a resigned Amare?
DFC Pride

RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Re: Amare Trade 

Post#39 » by RunDogGun » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:02 am

BVPN wrote:How about we wait till after the draft lottery, and if you guys don't get #1 or 2, trade us your pick+Yi instead of Harris for a resigned Amare?

Well they can always make it a top three protected. But they have to trade someone with a large salary to match up with Amare's.
Alyosha12
Analyst
And1: 178

Post#40 » by Alyosha12 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:35 am

Landry would be perfect for the Suns. Great player, hungry for starter minutes which he deserves, very good rebounder and defender, and plays hard every single day, exactly what the doctor ordered for the Suns.

Return to Phoenix Suns