ImageImageImage

All Amare Trade Talk Here

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

arizonatribe
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: Amare Trade 

Post#81 » by arizonatribe » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:19 am

With Amare's comments the other day about the "potential" of New Jersey it has made some wonder whether or not he'd be alright with going to the Nets. The Nets have enough cap space to support two superstars next season so that may be involved in his thinking.

The area I disagree is I don't think New Jersey will part with much true talent to acquire Amare. Right now it has to be seen from this perspective (if the Nets indeed want Amare): the Nets will pay him what he wants, Phoenix wont. If that's the case then Phoenix has to look at extending him in the next month if he indeed wants to play for New Jersey.

If the Suns wait until the offseason to try something like this, they lose the ability to make the trade work financially. The only way in the offseason it would work financially is if the Nets parted with some of their talented players (and several of them) including Devin Harris and Yi. If they try a trade before the deadline, role players like Bobby Simmons, Tony Battie or Trenton Hassell (who could be worth evaluating for Phoenix since he's a solid perimeter defender and would give the Suns another body at Shooting Guard with Barbosa out) could be used instead.

The Suns are not in a position of strength when it comes to a team like New Jersey that is likely willing to pay more for Amare than they are. Rather they are in a position of "something is better than nothing".

If Amare was extended before the deadline to a number New Jersey is comfortable with, the prize in a trade like this would be a draft pick. I would think that the pick could be their protected first pick (not in the top 3), and if it does fall in the lottery, then the Suns would get their Dallas pick and their 2nd round pick (top of the 2nd round).

A reason I think New Jersey might consider this pick is the nature of the players past the lottery in this years draft are almost entirely Power Forwards and Centers (a position they would have absolutely no need for with Amare, Brook Lopez and Yi on their roster). If they have no shot at Evan Turner or John Wall, Amare is a better option for them than many of the Power Forwards that follow or the undersized Willie Warren.
MarJJMar
Banned User
And1: 1

All Amare Trade Talk Here 

Post#82 » by MarJJMar » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:25 am

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2010/01/24/20100124-suns-amare-stoudemire-trade-CR.html

A league source said Golden State, Minnesota and Cleveland have shown interest in acquiring Suns power forward Amar'e Stoudemire.

Major hang-ups in a possible deal are the Suns' need to get good value in return and the other team's need to feel secure in knowing it has a chance to keep Stoudemire, who can opt out of his contract this summer.

Stoudemire has said he wants to play for a title contender but prefers to stay with the Suns, who met with his agent Thursday.

Stoudemire was upset about a recent report that said the Suns have locker-room tension involving him.

"Whoever that guy is, he's a liar," Stoudemire said of ESPN.com writer Chad Ford. "There's nothing to it. You can ask any guy in the locker room. Any coach. Even J-Rich (Jason Richardson) came to me and was like, 'Hey, did you read what the guy said at ESPN? That was BS.' I hadn't even read it, but the guy is a liar and didn't know what he was talking about."

Cleveland? Yeah lets trade him for their trash and disband this dysfunctional franchise alltogether.

Minnesota has no chance of resigning him unless they only end up trading Rubio or sth to us and keep enough talent around him and presumably Jefferson or Love.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,322

Re: CLE, GSW and MIN want Amare 

Post#83 » by DirtyDez » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:32 am

Golden State, Houston, NY or NJ(#1 pick) are the only teams that don't have trash to give for Amare... Landry, Ellis, Randolph, Lee or John Wall make it happen right now. All those dudes aren't soft like Amare.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
Nando88
Veteran
And1: 256

Post#84 » by Nando88 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:35 am

I'm hoping the trade offer that SDU said GS offered is for real
Mr. Sun
General Manager

Post#85 » by Mr. Sun » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:36 am

Suns will be in a much better position to talk trades once they extend Amare.
MarJJMar
Banned User

Post#86 » by MarJJMar » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:38 am

Where did he say that?

Cleveland is obviously impossible.

Minnesota is interesting in my opinion. They can't trade their pick until after the draft but they have 2 mid first rounders and Rubio to dangle.

I'd take Blount, Cardinal, Rubio and those 2 mid first rounders. The Minnesota could trade Jefferson something and build around Flynn, Amare, Love and whatever they get for Jefferson plus their pick.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#87 » by rsavaj » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:38 am

Minny....Rubio? Love? Jefferson? What kind of package would they put together?
MarJJMar
Banned User

Post#88 » by MarJJMar » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:42 am

Mr. Sun wrote:Suns will be in a much better position to talk trades once they extend Amare.

I was under the impression that the Suns can't extend Amare before trading him. Not sure we can extend him at all anymore.
tigerblood
Pro Prospect
And1: 8

Post#89 » by tigerblood » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:43 am

Minnesota has no need for Jefferson, Amare and Love. I would think they are looking to move Al Jeff since Amar'e and Love would go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly.
MarJJMar
Banned User

Post#90 » by MarJJMar » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:43 am

rsavaj wrote:Minny....Rubio? Love? Jefferson? What kind of package would they put together?

Rubio, Blount, Cardinal and their 2 mid first rounders would be my expectation with Minnesota trading Jefferson somewhere else.

Not sure what Rubio's contract situation is though, we would have to get him here in the offseason.
BG7
Senior

Post#91 » by BG7 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:49 am

Doubtful Minny makes the trade as they have stud pf coming over who also plays no defense
MaryvalesFinest
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#92 » by MaryvalesFinest » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:49 am

GSW and Min have some nice talent but I don't know what the Cavs can be offering, maybe they are willing to take back Jay Rich's contract?
BG7
Senior

Re: Amare Trade 

Post#93 » by BG7 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:54 am

Classick wrote:Can we all shut the **** up about Earl Clark already? There's no way to come to any intelligent conclusion about whether or not he was a good draft pick. Unless someone here works for the Suns organization- all we have to go on are rumors from a random unreliable website.

Goran Dragic and Robin Lopez were both ghosts in their rookie years. Now 95% of this forum loves them.

As for the trade proposed, it'd be a good trade- but a 3 (4, counting the draft pick) for one trade will never happen.

One of the Mods over at the Bulls works for draft express and basically said Clark had a really bad work ethic and he was as dumb as rock
sunfire0112
Bench Warmer

Post#94 » by sunfire0112 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:57 am

MarJJMar wrote:
Mr. Sun wrote:Suns will be in a much better position to talk trades once they extend Amare.

I was under the impression that the Suns can't extend Amare before trading him. Not sure we can extend him at all anymore.

Currently, we can only extend him for 3 years during this season, which he probably won't do.
Thus the plan is most likely:
-Trade Amare to a team he'll resign with
-At end of the season Amare opts-out using ETO
-Team re-signs Amare for whatever price at 6 year deal.
LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#95 » by LV-Suns » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:06 am

I thought I read Amare is seeking the same kind of extension Gasol got. 3 year/57 mil
I Dont wanna be here
tigerblood
Pro Prospect
And1: 8

Post#96 » by tigerblood » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:06 am

In a Minnesota trade, Al Jeff would have to come to PHX
In a Cleveland trade, there would have to be a 3rd team involved.
In a GSW trade, I would hope there is lube provided to GSW.
MarJJMar
Banned User

Post#97 » by MarJJMar » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:11 am

Jefferson is a terrible fit for us, I say no way do we want any part of Jefferson.
phxsports
Senior

Post#98 » by phxsports » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:13 am

i would do this deal with minny

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachi ... Id=yfpv9gw

include rubio in the deal aswell
Blackification
Head Coach
And1: 2,229

Post#99 » by Blackification » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:13 am

I would want us to trade him to cleveland just to see laker fan's faces thats about it. I don't think Amare will stay in Minnesota and same goes for GS so who knows what'll happen. If he hears he can go to cleveland I doubt he is going to let them trade him to min or gs.
sunfire0112
Bench Warmer

Post#100 » by sunfire0112 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:16 am

phxsports wrote:i would do this deal with minny

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachi ... Id=yfpv9gw

include rubio in the deal aswell

I know we get Rubio in that deal but why should we give up Dragic?

Return to Phoenix Suns