UFC 284 - Volk vs ummm...yeah, you know

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: UFC 284 - Volk vs ummm...yeah, you know 

Post#21 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:29 pm

Yair too, man. He's the most underappreciated fighter in the sport. I think sort of has the curse of nonstop overwhelming techniques... you forget how amazing it would be to throw any one of them. There's legit 10+ sequences a round that are just mind-boggling. And you sorta forget to appreciate them because there's just been another one moments before
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#22 » by Dupp » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:18 pm

Emmett never stood a chance on the feet and if he or his coaches thought he did shame on them.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#23 » by Susan » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:07 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Yair too, man. He's the most underappreciated fighter in the sport. I think sort of has the curse of nonstop overwhelming techniques... you forget how amazing it would be to throw any one of them. There's legit 10+ sequences a round that are just mind-boggling. And you sorta forget to appreciate them because there's just been another one moments before

Yair/Volk might be the apex of the sport if Yair can manage to push Volk. Was thinking they were a bit lost with what was next for Volk but Yair is absolutely a worthy opponent.

But you watch Volk kinda figure out Islam and it's hard to think he wouldn't have a better chance in the second matchup

Volk's willpower was on full display last night. Special special fighter.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#24 » by Dupp » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:10 pm

Volk was feeding off the crowd so much. When Islam had him wrapped up he’d wave his arms to reg up the crowd. Was so good.

Volk won via Diaz rules 10 times outta 10

Also y’all gonna be surprised when Allen beats max and gives volk another challenger
Dupp
RealGM

Post#25 » by Dupp » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:12 pm

Susan wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:Yair too, man. He's the most underappreciated fighter in the sport. I think sort of has the curse of nonstop overwhelming techniques... you forget how amazing it would be to throw any one of them. There's legit 10+ sequences a round that are just mind-boggling. And you sorta forget to appreciate them because there's just been another one moments before

Yair/Volk might be the apex of the sport if Yair can manage to push Volk. Was thinking they were a bit lost with what was next for Volk but Yair is absolutely a worthy opponent.

But you watch Volk kinda figure out Islam and it's hard to think he wouldn't have a better chance in the second matchup

Volk's willpower was on full display last night. Special special fighter.

I agree and I think he worried about the wrestling too much the only push back I’d have is he wouldn’t have anything close to that kind of crowd or environment in a rematch. May not mean anything at all but he did seem to at least enjoy the crowd’s energy.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,181
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#26 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:20 am

The weirdest part is that Volk probably really did more damage than Islam when Islam was on his back. Islam did almost nothing with his control.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#27 » by Headliner » Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:25 pm

All this IV talk is interesting.
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,453

Post#28 » by brutalitops » Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:43 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:The weirdest part is that Volk probably really did more damage than Islam when Islam was on his back. Islam did almost nothing with his control.

It's an odd one,

Volk/Yan are two guys who while had their back taken, were calm, didn't panic, Able to defend honestly, world class submission guys who are in dangerous spots and survive, WIth Volk as well giving Islam some damage

That being said, 10-9 Islam you cannot give someone a round when he's taken a dudes back in the most dangerous position in MMA, with Islam as well a fantastic submission expert,

Anyone else but Islam/Sterling/Olivera/Dariush/Chimiev/Usman/Colby I wouldnt of minded it been stood up

48/47 is fine, I even get the 49/46 because that third round is a LOT closer to Islam then anyone thinks. But good fight, One of those scores dont tell the story

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts