UFC 286: Leon does it again

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: UFC 286: Leon does it again 

Post#21 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:50 am

The UFC love the UK, though. I think they're probably pretty pumped to have Leon.

I'd love it if he refused Colby. He definitely does not have to sign any contract to fight any particular person, so can play hardball. It's not like he looks like a pussy, he's not refusing to fight a monster. He's refusing a guy who hasn't had a win against anyone younger than 35-36 in like 7 years.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,181
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#22 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:35 am

Leon is still saying no, but it's probably more to get have negotiating leverage. Colby doesn't play ball with anyone in terms of giving guys a shot or taking a fight that might not be 100% in his benefit. Just the same way he dismissed Leon when Leon wasn't the hottest name in the division.

It should have been Burns vs Colby if Khamzat is really done with 170
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,851

Post#23 » by Clav » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:49 pm

Colby is such a strange choice to shoe-in for the title shot... shouldn't he fight another guy first ?

Seems like Leon should have some say in who is his next. I'll be interested in knowing how this plays out.
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:35 am

What pisses me off most is that EVERY single post fight presser, the media asks "who is next for x and y?" and Dana's response is always "we don't even discuss that, I'm not even thinking about that. Only you guys think about who is next right after the fights end!!!"
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#25 » by Dupp » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:56 am

We don’t make fights the night of the fight.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:39 am

Dupp wrote:We don’t make fights the night of the fight.

Right? It might be one of the most used Dana White repeat phrases ever. And now the time he is adamant about making one, it's one of the ones that makes the least sense. :banghead:

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts