Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 5

Moderator: lilfishi22

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 5 

Post#1961 » by REDDzone » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:14 pm

Susan wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:Cejudo is that tough to deal with? I was not originally into the GOAT talk but he's clearly one of the greatest ever, and had an unmatched growth in the few years he had. Like, no one progressed as quickly or more. It was insane how good and intelligent a striker he became. Add the wrestling, mentality, and toughness? He has *an* all-time great, and the UFC just refused to pony up any amount of money. It's nuts.

He's back in the USADA pool.

At that uber elite level, it makes sense to step away like he did. Come back when something intrigues you, make a ton of cash and dip if there's nothing interesting on the horizon. Jones' motivation levels clearly waned against lesser comp and he nearly paid for it a few times. Picking your spots both competitively and fiscally seems to be a smart way to maximize your time.

They'll run you through the ringer if you let them.

I understand your argument but the problem with stepping away is that he lost all his leverage. Back when he had two titles, they couldn't just straight up ignore him. Now he has no titles and has been gone for a few years, they literally don't even seem to acknowledge his existence. We will see how it all ends up playing out.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#1962 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:16 pm

Dan Hardy's comments on this upcoming boxing match with Diego...he says that they would have made much more doing it bare knuckle, but he seems to imply that that's too effed up. He explicitly says he will be careful not to hurt Diego, and will dig to the body instead. The implication being that Diego is really not fit to be fighting.

I sincerely love to see fighters so careful and humane.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#1963 » by Dupp » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:07 pm

BK has some cash.. Rothwell said he’ll make 7 figures if he wins 3 fights.

Hardy also said he’ll make more in this Diego fight than all his ufc fights combined. I know he fought a decade ago but still kinda ****

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts