Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 5

Moderator: lilfishi22

Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Re: Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 5 

Post#1941 » by Dupp » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:17 pm

one x main card about to start... Good card. DJ having a mixed rules fight. The event already been going 7 hours before main card starts.. holly wow just way too long
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#1942 » by REDDzone » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:09 pm

Dupp wrote:Wait we talking bout chaels recent incident because dude was defending his wife. So far and away different to all these other derps.

Defending his wife from who? The 50-year old dentist he beat and strangled Lol. More like attacking random people unprovoked.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/courts/lawsuit-claims-ex-ufc-fighter-attacked-couple-without-provocation-2551350/
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#1943 » by Susan » Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:04 pm

Dupp wrote:one x main card about to start... Good card. DJ having a mixed rules fight. The event already been going 7 hours before main card starts.. holly wow just way too long

Read on Twitter

A 46 year old, very roided up but very sexy Sexyama KTFO Shinya Aoki too, nice card they put on today, JMMA is undefeated again.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#1944 » by Dupp » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:52 pm

REDDzone wrote:
Dupp wrote:Wait we talking bout chaels recent incident because dude was defending his wife. So far and away different to all these other derps.

Defending his wife from who? The 50-year old dentist he beat and strangled Lol. More like attacking random people unprovoked.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/courts/lawsuit-claims-ex-ufc-fighter-attacked-couple-without-provocation-2551350/

Don’t buy that **** at all
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,764

Post#1945 » by spykelee » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:06 am

Dupp wrote:one x main card about to start... Good card. DJ having a mixed rules fight. The event already been going 7 hours before main card starts.. holly wow just way too long

Mighty Mouse is special man. I love that he's out there doing these mixed rules fights and big ups surviving the first round to get the RNC sunk in, early in RD 2. I do love me some GSP, got some Khabib on the Rushmore, maybe bones and Stipe, IDK, im torn on those, but I have mouse on mine. I felt he beat cringe in both fights, his only other loss was to Moraes in One. He's been about as dominant for as long as anyone I can remember and he also has one of the nastiest subs of all time. Truly a legend that belongs amongst the very best this sport has ever seen
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#1946 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:52 am

Matt Brown vs Barbareno was awesome. Brown is a victim of this stupid macho identity. Relax, stop mean mugging. He's heaving for air 1 round in while BB is slinging effortlessly.

That breathing itself... I can't believe no one has ever corrected him with the fact that sharp breaths just jack up your autonomic nervous system. You're gasping, your body thinks there is some insane threat and dumps adrenaline and whatever into your system. It's setting you back.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1947 » by REDDzone » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:21 pm

spykelee wrote:

Mighty Mouse is special man. I love that he's out there doing these mixed rules fights and big ups surviving the first round to get the RNC sunk in, early in RD 2. I do love me some GSP, got some Khabib on the Rushmore, maybe bones and Stipe, IDK, im torn on those, but I have mouse on mine. I felt he beat cringe in both fights, his only other loss was to Moraes in One. He's been about as dominant for as long as anyone I can remember and he also has one of the nastiest subs of all time. Truly a legend that belongs amongst the very best this sport has ever seen

I love Mouse, but I'll be honest and say I just don't "get" the mixed rules stuff. So a decorated MMA fighter with a background in wrestling choked the f*ck out of some boxer or muay thai guy or whatever, I don't see why this is surprising or impressive lol.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1948 » by REDDzone » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:23 pm

Dupp wrote:
REDDzone wrote:

So you believe Brendan Schwab's version of events? :lol:
Dupp
RealGM

Post#1949 » by Dupp » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:10 pm

REDDzone wrote:
spykelee wrote:

I love Mouse, but I'll be honest and say I just don't "get" the mixed rules stuff. So a decorated MMA fighter with a background in wrestling choked the f*ck out of some boxer or muay thai guy or whatever, I don't see why this is surprising or impressive lol.

It was a fun watch, especially the first round when he was trying to survive the onslaught.

On a side note that dude has had like 300 fights and he’s 24. Rip his brain
Dupp
RealGM

Post#1950 » by Dupp » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:15 pm

REDDzone wrote:
Dupp wrote:
REDDzone wrote:

I didn’t realise the only two options are that or Schwab.. I have no idea what Schwab has said on this, but he’s not the only guy to speak about it.

It’s like me saying to you, “ oh so you believe jkn jones versions of events?”

Jon’s such a pos though, keeps using this chael thing as like a way to justify him beating his wife.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1951 » by REDDzone » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:52 pm

Dupp wrote:
REDDzone wrote:
Dupp wrote:

I didn’t realise the only two options are that or Schwab.. I have no idea what Schwab has said on this, but he’s not the only guy to speak about it.

Jon’s such a pos though, keeps using this chael thing as like a way to justify him beating his wife.

Just logically, why would Chael need to "defend his wife", who was sleeping in her hotel room btw, from a group of people including a 50 year old dentist, to the point that he's hitting and choking people, including a female?

The truth will come out but it's hard for me to believe the professional fighter who beat up a bunch of randoms and is now facing 11 felonies is the noble one here. Happy to eat my words if I'm wrong.
Susan
RealGM

Post#1952 » by Susan » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:00 pm

What's the odds Will Smith/Chris Rock just Colby/Jorged everybody and give us some trash boxing match?
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1953 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:53 pm

Susan wrote:What's the odds Will Smith/Chris Rock just Colby/Jorged everybody and give us some trash boxing match?

Will Smith is definitely worth a near billion.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,181
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#1954 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:02 am

REDDzone wrote:
Dupp wrote:
REDDzone wrote:

Just logically, why would Chael need to "defend his wife", who was sleeping in her hotel room btw, from a group of people including a 50 year old dentist, to the point that he's hitting and choking people, including a female?

The truth will come out but it's hard for me to believe the professional fighter who beat up a bunch of randoms and is now facing 11 felonies is the noble one here. Happy to eat my words if I'm wrong.

I've not commented on Chael's because both sides of the story are so wildly different, and I don't recall Chael having a history of drunkenly battering people, so I was on the wait and see train.

I do love that Jon doesn't understand why Chael would get the benefit of the doubt vs him, who gets in trouble at least twice a year at this point(that we find out about).
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,937

Post#1955 » by Jasen777 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:10 am

cowboyronnie wrote:
Susan wrote:What's the odds Will Smith/Chris Rock just Colby/Jorged everybody and give us some trash boxing match?

"Only" about $350 million, according to celebritynetworth.
Susan
RealGM

Post#1956 » by Susan » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:42 am

Jasen777 wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:

It's never enough.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1957 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:35 pm

Jasen777 wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:

That's shockingly little. He's definitely netted far, far more than that. He's been an action star for 20+ consistent years. And he and his agent famously set out to design a career so as to maximize pay (i.e. predominantly do solo vehicles in which Smith gets a profit percentage). $350 million only has him retaining like $15 million/year. But I guess they account for spending or whatever.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1958 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:41 am

Cejudo is that tough to deal with? I was not originally into the GOAT talk but he's clearly one of the greatest ever, and had an unmatched growth in the few years he had. Like, no one progressed as quickly or more. It was insane how good and intelligent a striker he became. Add the wrestling, mentality, and toughness? He has *an* all-time great, and the UFC just refused to pony up any amount of money. It's nuts.
Susan
RealGM

Post#1959 » by Susan » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:11 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Cejudo is that tough to deal with? I was not originally into the GOAT talk but he's clearly one of the greatest ever, and had an unmatched growth in the few years he had. Like, no one progressed as quickly or more. It was insane how good and intelligent a striker he became. Add the wrestling, mentality, and toughness? He has *an* all-time great, and the UFC just refused to pony up any amount of money. It's nuts.

He's back in the USADA pool.

At that uber elite level, it makes sense to step away like he did. Come back when something intrigues you, make a ton of cash and dip if there's nothing interesting on the horizon. Jones' motivation levels clearly waned against lesser comp and he nearly paid for it a few times. Picking your spots both competitively and fiscally seems to be a smart way to maximize your time.

They'll run you through the ringer if you let them.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1960 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:24 pm

Do whatever you can to check out Collard vs Jeremy Stephens from PFL last week. Damn. What an amazing style match-up. Collard makes the Diaz brothers look like Dan Henderson - just carefully placed pitter patter from a trained, classical boxer. 6 strike combos with little power...some of the shortest punches you'll ever see. Like, his right hand sometimes moves 12 inches to get to the target, there's so little wind-up. Meanwhile, obviously, Jeremy Stephens is the exact opposite. Huge swings, awesome speed, coming over the top, max effort.

It ended up being a wild fight, one of the best of the year. Check it out.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts