Olivera Submits Porier; Retains Lightweight Belt; Peña Upsets Nunes; New Bantamweight Champ

Moderator: lilfishi22

SharpyShuffle
Junior
And1: 580

Re: OT: Olivera Submits Porier; Retains Lightweight Belt; Peña Upsets Nunes; New Bantamweight Champ 

Post#21 » by SharpyShuffle » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:08 am

So how does this work, I just use the prefix "OT:" and then I can post about whatever I want?
JB2
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,115

Re: OT: Olivera Submits Porier; Retains Lightweight Belt; Peña Upsets Nunes; New Bantamweight Champ 

Post#22 » by JB2 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:13 am

^^^^^ triggered

Charles Do bronx is a problem. That's a guy that I would love to see Khabib have faced. Elite ground game, mies up striking well, tough SOB who keeps coming forward.

Amanda was talking about how she's never been happier with her daughter and all. Rich and happy isn't a god quality for top level fighters. There's always someone hungrier and poorer who is fighting for their life/career.

Suga is a monster. Cody is done.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,104

Post#23 » by LoveMyRaps » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:00 am

JB2 wrote:^^^^^ triggered

Charles Do bronx is a problem. That's a guy that I would love to see Khabib have faced. Elite ground game, mies up striking well, tough SOB who keeps coming forward.

Amanda was talking about how she's never been happier with her daughter and all. Rich and happy isn't a god quality for top level fighters. There's always someone hungrier and poorer who is fighting for their life/career.

Don't get it twisted though. Khabib would've made light work of Charles.

I can't wait for Islam vs. Charles... Sambo vs. BJJ

Not really looking forward to Olives vs. Gaethje tbh...
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
TwoStarz
Analyst
And1: 1,842

Post#24 » by TwoStarz » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:10 am

[tweet][/tweet]
LoveMyRaps wrote:
JB2 wrote:^^^^^ triggered

Don't get it twisted though. Khabib would've made light work of Charles.

I can't wait for Islam vs. Charles... Sambo vs. BJJ

Not really looking forward to Olives vs. Gaethje tbh...

I think khabib would eat him like he has done to all others, but I would’ve loved to see it still.

But you can just see it, the lightweight is actually wide open, it never seemed the case with khabib (although very short lived). He dominated all competition to the bone.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#25 » by Dupp » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:19 am

Nunes looked terrible, gassed so fast and gave up as fas as I’ve ever seen. Seemed to blame lingering effects of covid.

Got pena for sub at 16/1... shame I’m a coward and only bet $2

Charles is so dangerous. Dustin made a big mistake in the second round just playing it safe and conceding the round , because he didn’t want to risk what happened in the khabib fight. But that lost him all momentum and the best finisher in ufc history made easy work of him in the third.
Dupp
RealGM

Re: OT: Amanda Nunes Loses Bantamweight Belt Via Submission To Julianna Pena 

Post#26 » by Dupp » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:25 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
OrangeBlueSkies wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
Ya her whole body language was like "screw this... I'm done"

I know there were talks of her retiring after this and she was even smiling during the match. Didn't seem like she cared too much.

I’d hate to see that, especially as it seems Kayla Harrison is going to get signed by the UFC

I've always been a believer that Kayla would ragdoll Nunes on the ground and after tonight.. I'm certain she would.

Kayla is on track to be the goat, the sooner people accept it the better. She’ll without doubt be the greatest woman combat athlete ever. Women’s mma athlete is in sights too.

Has to surpass Valentina though :-8
Dupp
RealGM

Post#27 » by Dupp » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:27 am

DCasey91 wrote:She may be the GOAT but I have Shev solidly pound for pound as better. I’d say shrink Nunes down or make Shev bigger I’m taking Shev 7/10 times easy.

Valentina would have embarrassed this version of nunes. If nunes comes back to her best and they fight again Valentina would still win imo. Very debatable she even lost last time.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,315

Post#28 » by DCasey91 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:49 am

Dupp wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:She may be the GOAT but I have Shev solidly pound for pound as better. I’d say shrink Nunes down or make Shev bigger I’m taking Shev 7/10 times easy.

Valentina would have embarrassed this version of nunes. If nunes comes back to her best and they fight again Valentina would still win imo. Very debatable she even lost last time.

The trouble is anyone below her weight class that is legit is that and anyone around her size is a can/too old more than likely. But the lady she versed is legit good and so far away from Anderson. Yes there is Harrison but she isn’t in the UFC

I mean Shev went toe to toe with her and was fine.
But Shev’s technical skill is unmatched, dudes that are well known fighters say she is one of the best technical combatants boy or girl in the world doesn’t matter. She hasn’t really got a test atm hence the back to back with Nunes in their primes even though anyone who follows fights/boxing combat sports knows they belong in separate natural weight classes.

I’d say there’s easy 20 pounds and a very noticeable height/shoulder/length difference. Shev stood to loose more, but in those two fights Nunes wasn’t that impressive considering the sheer size advantage she has.

Is the aura lost for Nunes or is their holes in her game. I reckon she’s lost the hunger and there is definitely flaws if you want to go down that road and bang/stand up if you have the naunce.

Would have loved to a have seen a Cyborg/Nunes rematch that would have been such a good sequel imo. A nice catch weight would do
Slurpin
Sophomore
And1: 278

Post#29 » by Slurpin » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:53 am

Oliveira is good but this is the second straight fight hes been tagged and almost finished in the 1st round. I think Gaethje finishes him. Nunes looked terrible, like she didnt even want to be there. Time for Valentina to take that belt and be a dual champ.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#30 » by DCasey91 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:59 am

Oli is a monster though. Don’t think Gaethje has it tbh. I love T Ferg but I reckon Charles pips him.

Khabib vs Oli/T Ferg would have been a super interesting fight.

Still to this day I can’t believe half the fights BJ Penn took looking at the size of them now. Dude was really a chubby featherweight for godsakes lmao.
Pablo Escobar
Head Coach
And1: 4,443

Post#31 » by Pablo Escobar » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:15 am

DCasey91 wrote:Oli is a monster though. Don’t think Gaethje has it tbh. I love T Ferg but I reckon Charles pips him.

Khabib vs Oli/T Ferg would have been a super interesting fight.

Still to this day I can’t believe half the fights BJ Penn took looking at the size of them now. Dude was really a chubby featherweight for godsakes lmao.

Olivera already destroyed Ferguson. Khabib would've demolished Ferguson as well and he'd beat Olivera because of his size/strength advantage. What would make it interesting though is Olivera and his comfort off his back because of his superior jiu jitsu. But Khabib is a different level in terms of his wrestling/sambo and the fact that he just drains you and ground and pounds you lol. Gaethje has power but again even if you clip Olivera he'll just lay on his back and dare you to come to his comfort zone. And he's a beast on the feet as well.. honestly he might be champ for a long time. Dude is amazing and is elite at every level of mma! Sucks that Dustin lost cause he seems like a nice guy but this seems like it's the OlivERA
Plata o Plomo?
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#32 » by DCasey91 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:26 am

Got to consider T Ferg’s mileage, gamestyle and age in the cage dude. Oli is a vet too but T Ferg was what 36? That’s years difference part. Not a good age for a fighter considering what I mentioned.

The fight that never happened got postponed 5 times over many many years it was cursed the final time it was bloody COVID that’s how cursed it was. I’d say it would be a very interesting fight when T Ferg was on top of his game and Khabib wasn’t the champ yet. He was on a humungous win streak over elite fighters btw.

Don’t think Oli will be champ for a long time, rate him obviously but lower weight divs are a murderers row of players. It cycles quick

Khabib chose the perfect time not many fighters actually go out on top. Better that way imo

Stylistically either Oli/Ferg are awkward customers because of Khabibs own gamestyle too (head position on takedown entry). Both love the darce/choke and are fantastic world class bjj practitioners and actually prefer ground play like Khabib. Khabib getting top position is still live ball between those two he can not do what he did vs Poirer, that’s goodnight town. He didn’t verse something to that caliber. On the flip side I can see Khabib choking/subbing either of them but the other way is also true.

In fact I believe they would be better opponents then Conor, Geathje or Poirer. Styles make fights
Little Italia
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,134

Post#33 » by Little Italia » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:29 am

Now we'll never see Shevchenko vs Nunes 3, bummer.

"New York Knicks will never win a championship with James Dolan at the helm. Off with his head!!"

WELCOME TO MEDIOCRE HELL
Dutchball97
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,899

Post#34 » by Dutchball97 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:40 am

Dominant performance by Oliveira who hopefully will get some much deserved respect now. I'm already looking forward to his fights with Gaethje and the winner of Islam/Dariush. Lots of interesting stylistic match ups between elite fighters coming up.

As to Nunes losing so unceremoniously, I'm shocked. On the other hand this happens more often in WMMA like with Holm vs Rousey, Tate vs Holm, Rose vs Joanna or of course Nunes against Cyborg. First time in a few years we have some sense of competition at women's 135 though, which is a good thing.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,104

Post#35 » by LoveMyRaps » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:23 am

Dupp wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
OrangeBlueSkies wrote:

I’d hate to see that, especially as it seems Kayla Harrison is going to get signed by the UFC

I've always been a believer that Kayla would ragdoll Nunes on the ground and after tonight.. I'm certain she would.

Kayla is on track to be the goat, the sooner people accept it the better. She’ll without doubt be the greatest woman combat athlete ever. Women’s mma athlete is in sights too.

should she even bother coming to the ufc now that nunes lost?
i mean... she can just continue picking up her easy annual paycheck of 1mil down in the PFL. No way she makes more money in the UFC lol.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Dupp
RealGM

Post#36 » by Dupp » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:16 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Dupp wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:

should she even bother coming to the ufc now that nunes lost?
i mean... she can just continue picking up her easy annual paycheck of 1mil down in the PFL. No way she makes more money in the UFC lol.

I don’t think she should have come to ufc regardless. Sign with Pfl with stipulation they do cross promotion fight with Bellator vs cyborg. Get paid and gets big fight.

Ftr Bellator do and are open to cross promotion stuff.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#37 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:21 pm

Dupp wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
OrangeBlueSkies wrote:

wtf
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,111

Post#38 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:42 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
Dupp wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:

wtf

Ummm... once Kayla is in the UFC, we can talk.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#39 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:12 pm

OrangeBlueSkies wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:
Dupp wrote:

wtf

Ummm... once Kayla is in the UFC, we can talk.

No need to wait. It was signed and sealed the minute she beat, uhh, Cindy Dandois. Harrison is "without doubt the greatest woman combat athlete ever".
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Re: Olivera Submits Porier; Retains Lightweight Belt; Peña Upsets Nunes; New Bantamweight Champ 

Post#40 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:19 pm

I am super loathe to admit this, but Cruz looked **** amazing. Some significant new additions to his techniques, those straight punches were coming with heat and speed. I can't believe how much distance he was covering with those, they were missiles.

I hate him for being suck a prickly, passive aggressive weirdo. But have to admit that's he's an impressive athlete.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts