UFC 281 Adesanya vs Perreira

Moderator: lilfishi22

chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,478

Re: OT: UFC 281 Adesanya vs Perreira 

Post#21 » by chrisab123 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:51 am

Poirier vs Chandler just for the **** posting that Colby Covington is going to do throughout the fight.
TheWitcher
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,195

Post#22 » by TheWitcher » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:31 am

This card has been great and we still have the main event. What a night
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,815

Post#23 » by HeartBreakKid » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:33 am

Chandler ran into the same problem he had with Gaethje, he doesn't have the power to knock out some of the bigger LWs.
FreeThrowLine
Veteran
And1: 4,274

Post#24 » by FreeThrowLine » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:35 am

That was a great fight, both fighters looked like they were going to win several times throughout the first few rounds

Hearing Poirier say “I was scared to fight you” was interesting
TheWitcher
Pro Prospect

Post#25 » by TheWitcher » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:36 am

HeartBreakKid wrote:Chandler ran into the same problem he had with Gaethje, he doesn't have the power to knock out some of the bigger LWs.

Quite the opposite, he’s full of power. He’s not as polished on the feet against the top strikers. He needs to wrestle more, that’s where he finds the most success against the better strikers.
LessEyeTest
Junior
And1: 651

Post#26 » by LessEyeTest » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:41 am

HeartBreakKid wrote:Chandler ran into the same problem he had with Gaethje, he doesn't have the power to knock out some of the bigger LWs.

He’s rocked each and every opponent. He’s the Ngannou of the LWs but his issue is that he’s got 1.5 round cardio and even topping out on the power scale there’s a huge possibility a fight at lower weights goes past 3 rounds. I’m on a discord chat with my two best friends and I was beyond excited midway through the second but lost hope he’d win after Rd 2 - that he dominated - ended.
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,350

Post#27 » by Tracymcgoaty » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:50 am

Carla is the worst champion i've seen probably. She has no business being the champ after that fight with Rose lol. They both did nothing during the fight. Wont be surprised if it was more of the same. Carla tries to take Zhang down for 25 minutes.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 33,449

Post#28 » by Reeko » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:50 am

As much of a physical and athletic specimen that he is, I never trust Chandler against the very best.

I hope Edgar calls it a career after that KO. That knee looked like something he would've eaten and just kept on ticking back in his heyday.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM

Post#29 » by HeartBreakKid » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:52 am

TheWitcher wrote:

Quite the opposite, he’s full of power. He’s not as polished on the feet against the top strikers. He needs to wrestle more, that’s where he finds the most success against the better strikers.

LessEyeTest wrote:

He’s rocked each and every opponent. He’s the Ngannou of the LWs but his issue is that he’s got 1.5 round cardio and even topping out on the power scale there’s a huge possibility a fight at lower weights goes past 3 rounds. I’m on a discord chat with my two best friends and I was beyond excited midway through the second but lost hope he’d win after Rd 2 - that he dominated - ended.

He throws with a lot of power because he's super explosive but he doesn't have natural knock out power. Proof is kind of in the pudding, isn't it? Most of the guys he knocks out are not guys known for having chins or are smaller light weights.

He landed very cleanly and on much higher frequency against Justin and Dustin and he can't down them. There's a big difference between stunning someone and knocking them down. Especially Gaethje, there were moments when he was comboing Gaethje with 4-5 shots cleanly and Justin wouldn't go down, Justin was even throwing leg kicks while getting blasted.

Dustin is someone with REAL knockout power. He can be on his back foot and still flatline someone. We saw tonight that if Dustin lands he can hurt Chandler really bad. Look at round 1 and compare how each fighter reacted to getting hurt, you could make the argument Chandler lost round 1 despite the fact he was beating Dustin's ass the vast majority of the round.

Chandler does lack technical ability as well (which is also why he hits hard, because he's just being very technical), but so does Gaethje. Chandler needs to mix in takedowns more often with his strikes to win more consistently. Chandler does throw hard so he does get knockouts but even in Bellator he was dragged into flat out wars because he isn't great at koing people clean.

Basically, like a lot of wrestlers he throws full body punches which equate to good power, but that has a ton of flaws in it from a technical stand point. By the same token that's the only way he would really hit hard, he isn't blessed with that much natural power. Someone like McGregor who is a career featherweight hits harder than him.
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,388

Post#30 » by CptCrunch » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:53 am

Alex Pereira is at least 211 lb+ right now. Izzy walks around at 200 lbs.
Ugalde
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,261

Post#31 » by Ugalde » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:53 am

that fight was nuts
politics
to many 3s
HeartBreakKid
RealGM

Post#32 » by HeartBreakKid » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:58 am

TheWitcher wrote:

That's not a contradiction...not all power punchers are equal. Mike Tyson doesn't hit as hard as George Foreman.

Chandler throws borderline haymakers which is why he hits hard. Bigger guys can take several of his punches in consecutively and not go down.

Another poster saying he is the NGannou of the LW division couldn't be more wrong. That's basically looking at the sport with zero subtle.
Ugalde
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,261

Post#33 » by Ugalde » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:02 am

anyone else find the woman fights to be completely boring? like don’t get me wrong when we get a rhonda rousey or nunes or cyborg it’s fun but most the female fights are horribly boring to me
politics
to many 3s
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,388

Post#34 » by CptCrunch » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:03 am

Carla is freaken trash as expected
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM

Post#35 » by Tracymcgoaty » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:03 am

UFC a **** waste for giving Carla that W against Rose. Not even close to Rose or Zhang's level. What a joke of a fight. Happy Zhang won though. Great fighter.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
TheWitcher
Pro Prospect

Post#36 » by TheWitcher » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:03 am

Thank you Weili
HeartBreakKid
RealGM

Post#37 » by HeartBreakKid » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:05 am

Tracymcgoaty wrote:UFC a **** waste for giving Carla that W against Rose. Not even close to Rose or Zhang's level. What a joke of a fight. Happy Zhang won though. Great fighter.

I mean she's definitely close to Rose. It was like the most even and boring fight of all time.

Zhang is a terrible match up for her.

Syles make fights.

And do you really think the UFC would want Esparaza the champion over Rose? Esparaza is the most boring fighter ever. Rose is their poster girl.
TheWitcher
Pro Prospect

Post#38 » by TheWitcher » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:05 am

Ugalde wrote:anyone else find the woman fights to be completely boring? like don’t get me wrong when we get a rhonda rousey or nunes or cyborg it’s fun but most the female fights are horribly boring to me

I like most of them, I’ve enjoyed 2 out of the 3 we got today.
FreeThrowLine
Veteran
And1: 4,274

Post#39 » by FreeThrowLine » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:06 am

Can’t stand either of them, just glad it ended quickly so we can get to the main event, I’ve got things to do
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM

Post#40 » by Tracymcgoaty » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:07 am

HeartBreakKid wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:UFC a **** waste for giving Carla that W against Rose. Not even close to Rose or Zhang's level. What a joke of a fight. Happy Zhang won though. Great fighter.

I mean she's definitely close to Rose. It was like the most even and boring fight of all time.

Zhang is a terrible match up for her.

Syles make fights.

And do you really think the UFC would want Esparaza the champion over Rose? Esparaza is the most boring fighter ever.

Dude that Carla-Rose fight should have ended in a no contest or draw at best. Judges are idiots for scoring that fight for Carla. She literally did nothing. You have to be convincing in a W against a defending champ and she did **** all.

I dont know if she's close to Rose because we didn't see a damn thing. If anything we saw how idiotic Rose's coaches are telling her everything is going great when all she did was dance around the cage with Carla.

But im happy she lost. Zhang is much better and way more exciting.
Raul

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts