UFC 256: Tony Time

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: UFC 256: Tony Time 

Post#41 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:09 am

I used to hear people talk about how fighters who cut huge amounts of weight in order to exploit a size advantage are sorta cowardly. I didn't disagree but also never really felt the point too compelling. But with Figueredo, I see it. It's ridiculous. It's his main advantage and the center point of all his strategy; he's **** massive and no one can hurt him. Esp at the lower weights, where KO power is less likely.

He legitimately looks 15% bigger than everyone else. I don't see how I could ever root for him. (Other than in a fight with Garbrandt, obv.)
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#42 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:10 am

The prelims were awesome too. Fiziev is such a machine.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#43 » by Susan » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:41 am

REDDzone wrote:
Susan wrote:lol at RZ for wanting to get rid of 125.

There are 5 fighters in the UFC FLW top 10 that I've never heard of. Would be cool to see these two in an actual relevant division.

Trade Askren back for DJ and get Henry outta retirement. Get Horiguchi.

No other division lost top level talent like that. It's a great division to watch. Not these guys' fault that the UFC is filled with morons.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#44 » by REDDzone » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:29 pm

Susan wrote:
REDDzone wrote:
Susan wrote:lol at RZ for wanting to get rid of 125.

There are 5 fighters in the UFC FLW top 10 that I've never heard of. Would be cool to see these two in an actual relevant division.

No other division lost top level talent like that. It's a great division to watch. Not these guys' fault that the UFC is filled with morons.

I'm not advocating for cutting every flyweight which is what you seem to be implying with the "not these guys' fault" piece.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#45 » by Susan » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:21 pm

REDDzone wrote:
Susan wrote:
REDDzone wrote:

I'm not advocating for cutting every flyweight which is what you seem to be implying with the "not these guys' fault" piece.

The division has had enough talent to sustain itself if the UFC actually retained the talent it had on the roster. Getting these guys to fight at 135 isn't fair to them and a bad strategy.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,205

Post#46 » by duppyy » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:37 pm

I did a parlay Holland, Dern and Figgy, luckily the draw still counted as a win (made $50 less though)

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts