OT: Pacquiao... he deserves this on a basketball forum.

Moderator: lilfishi22

walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,353

Re: Pacquiao... he deserves this on a basketball forum. 

Post#41 » by walk with me » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:36 am

Pelon chingon wrote:Pacquiao trains for Spence for months and gets the rug pulled from under him with another opponent with a completely different style. Time isn't on Manny's side he cant just jump into another camp and prepare for Spence again he needs to rest. By then he'll be 43YO no that's done. Now instead of Manny beating Spence which IMO he would have those belts stay comfortably in PBC'S hands. Now Spence will have a speedy "recovery" and be back just in time to take on Ugas how convenient.

That’s not how BUSINESS is done….

Pacquaio did 400-500k PPVs vs broner
Pacquaio did 600-700k PPVs vs thurman
This ppv probably did 400-500k

Pbc is in business to make money and Pacquaio is a money maker. Ugas can’t even sell out a 5000 seat arena (no disrespect to him). If Pac continues to fight on it will likely be on pbc, so there is plenty of incentive for pbc to want Pacquaio to win. If you want to blame someone for the short notice switch, blame Pacquiaos team. This fight didn’t have to happen, they accepted it because they thought ugas would be an easy opponent because he was hurt against Ramos 2 times earlier in the pandemic.

Edit: you have to understand that only people on message boards and twitter spread stupid rumors about promoters like that. Pbc, top rank, dazn and golden boy only objectives are to make money. Their many objectives lie in whatever will make them the most money. Setting up Pacquaio to lose to ugas doesn’t make pbc more money, it hurts them if we’re being honest.

If pbc wanted to rig things in general, they would have rigged it for Pac to win so they can get more PPVs out of him.
DwayneSchintzus
Rookie
And1: 1,521

Re: OT: Pacquiao... he deserves this on a basketball forum. 

Post#42 » by DwayneSchintzus » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:00 pm

weighing in to say his political views are crap and i have no interest in idolizing him
These are the opinions of one lifelong Spurs fan, nothing more
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,031

Post#43 » by JN61 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:24 pm

No.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
SecondTake
Veteran
And1: 1,493

Post#44 » by SecondTake » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:26 pm

Frank Dux wrote:Remember when Pacquiao said “gay people are worse than animals”?

good riddance.

Can you not have a difference of opinion with someone, and respect them outside of that? Or do you define every person you ever see by the one sentence they said that you liked least?
Noctilux
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,236

Post#45 » by Noctilux » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:58 pm

Pelon chingon wrote:
walk with me wrote:
Pelon chingon wrote:
He absolutely was.

Why would you think pacman was set up?

1. He had the option to call the fight off and didn’t because he’s bad ass
2. Sean gibbons, buboy Fernandez and Freddie roach all predicted pacman would ko ugas
3. Ugas isn’t a big star… he’s pretty much unknown compared to Pacquaio who’s a huge ppv seller
4. Pacquaio has another option for a ppv fight

There’s absolutely no benefit to pbc “setting up” Pacquaio to lose.

Pacquiao trains for Spence for months and gets the rug pulled from under him with another opponent with a completely different style. Time isn't on Manny's side he cant just jump into another camp and prepare for Spence again he needs to rest. By then he'll be 43YO no that's done. Now instead of Manny beating Spence which IMO he would have those belts stay comfortably in PBC'S hands. Now Spence will have a speedy "recovery" and be back just in time to take on Ugas how convenient.

Manny is lucky Spence was injured and didn’t fight him. No doubt in my mind Pac would have been KO’d in his last fight.
Pelon chingon
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,185

Post#46 » by Pelon chingon » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:25 pm

walk with me wrote:
Pelon chingon wrote:Pacquiao trains for Spence for months and gets the rug pulled from under him with another opponent with a completely different style. Time isn't on Manny's side he cant just jump into another camp and prepare for Spence again he needs to rest. By then he'll be 43YO no that's done. Now instead of Manny beating Spence which IMO he would have those belts stay comfortably in PBC'S hands. Now Spence will have a speedy "recovery" and be back just in time to take on Ugas how convenient.

That’s not how BUSINESS is done….

Pacquaio did 400-500k PPVs vs broner
Pacquaio did 600-700k PPVs vs thurman
This ppv probably did 400-500k

Pbc is in business to make money and Pacquaio is a money maker. Ugas can’t even sell out a 5000 seat arena (no disrespect to him). If Pac continues to fight on it will likely be on pbc, so there is plenty of incentive for pbc to want Pacquaio to win. If you want to blame someone for the short notice switch, blame Pacquiaos team. This fight didn’t have to happen, they accepted it because they thought ugas would be an easy opponent because he was hurt against Ramos 2 times earlier in the pandemic.

Edit: you have to understand that only people on message boards and twitter spread stupid rumors about promoters like that. Pbc, top rank, dazn and golden boy only objectives are to make money. Their many objectives lie in whatever will make them the most money. Setting up Pacquaio to lose to ugas doesn’t make pbc more money, it hurts them if we’re being honest.

If pbc wanted to rig things in general, they would have rigged it for Pac to win so they can get more PPVs out of him.

PBC is under alot of pressure from Fox Sports b/c their PPV'S have been underperforming they even lost money with Fury/Wilder 2 and Spence's numbers have been steadily declining as well. They reek of desperation. They sold out the arena and many pre order PPV'S and pulled the plug at the last minute b/c they couldn't risk Errol taking the L. I'm not telling you how to enjoy the sport or not but astute boxing fans aren't fooled. If spending $80 on Davis vs Barrios that's got billed as a championship fight even though Josh Taylor is undisputed @140 :nod: is your deal go for it.
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,868

Post#47 » by Marrrcuss » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:59 pm

I keep seeing people say Floyd ducked everyone but they never name people. Sometimes fights just dont get made. I still think Aaron Pryor could have made fights with more of the legends outside of Arguello.

Some of you also talk like this PPV king Floyd is him in his prime and its not. His prime was back when he took Corrales apart.
dodongo
Senior
And1: 402

Post#48 » by dodongo » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:58 pm

Slava wrote:Looking forward to the race between him and Duterte to run the Philippines.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
dodongo
Senior
And1: 402

Post#49 » by dodongo » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:04 pm

SecondTake wrote:
Frank Dux wrote:Remember when Pacquiao said “gay people are worse than animals”?

good riddance.

Can you not have a difference of opinion with someone, and respect them outside of that? Or do you define every person you ever see by the one sentence they said that you liked least?

It's not just one sentence though. Manny as a politician has just been an absolute sh*thead. His sh*t attendance and lack of output is just the tip of the iceberg.

Trying to impose his conservative views on laws, but looks away when it's turned against him and worse is an enabler of Duterte's bloody regime.

And now, because he's eyeing higher office, he goes on the offensive against Duterte.

I'm sure Manny means well. But the fact is, with all his money, he can help in other ways. And IMO, he is just being used as a pawn by certain people whispering in his ear.
walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,353

Post#50 » by walk with me » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:19 pm

Pelon chingon wrote:PBC is under alot of pressure from Fox Sports b/c their PPV'S have been underperforming they even lost money with Fury/Wilder 2 and Spence's numbers have been steadily declining as well. They reek of desperation. They sold out the arena and many pre order PPV'S and pulled the plug at the last minute b/c they couldn't risk Errol taking the L. I'm not telling you how to enjoy the sport or not but astute boxing fans aren't fooled. If spending $80 on Davis vs Barrios that's got billed as a championship fight even though Josh Taylor is undisputed @140 :nod: is your deal go for it.

The ppv #’s don’t matter as much as the net profit which nobody knows. Nobody knows how much they spend on the events either. Nobody even know the ppv #s because fox doesn’t report them so it’s all speculation.

But if you had to guess….

Pbc keeps putting on ppvs
Espn does no boxing ppvs
Dazn has barely had any us fights other than a few golden boy cards

If the frequency of fights is any indicator of how all the promotions are doing pbc is the last person you need to be worried about. Their random fox headliners to bigger ratings than some of top ranks best match ups. Josh Taylor vs Ramirez didn’t even surpass 1m. The only good tv rating fights were Teofimo vs lomochenko and bud vs brook. But both had no tickets sold.

Errol vs Danny Garcia
Pacquaio vs ugas
Tank vs barrios
And all pbc fights in New Jersey or Minnesota at the armory have been big ticket sellers
Wallace_Wallace
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,243

Post#51 » by Wallace_Wallace » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:38 pm

SecondTake wrote:

good riddance.

Manny Pacquiao loves going to Chick Fil A, his favorite order is 62 chicken minis (amount of wins).
Cubbies2120
Head Coach
And1: 8,750

Post#52 » by Cubbies2120 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:43 pm

good riddance.

Remember when Kobe called a gay ref a "F*&king F@%$OT" during a game? We gonna remember him at his worst too and use that to tarnish his legacy? Or just PacMan's? Would hate to see you being a hypocrite...
Meeksology
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,670

Post#53 » by Meeksology » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:20 am

dlts20 wrote:I'm a licensed professional fight judge. I have pics with all of these guys. I grew up a boxing fan but put my daughter in MMA MMA. She turns 7 in September and just won 1st place in the last 2 tournaments that she was in against older girls and boys and these are the same tournaments the top ufc fighters came up in.

P4P, Mayweather is the most skilled fighter I have ever seen. He literally could do it all. Most casual fans didn't see him until he was old and fighting bigger guys. He was already a hof fighter in his 1st weight class before he ever moved up. In fact I tell people that we never saw the best Mayweather because he moved up to chase money. He could have stayed lower, knock guys his size and smaller out. Then have better names like Barrera and Morales on his resume. They were legends who stood no chance if floyd didn't move up to chase money.

Floyd is small and after his 1st division, he was the smaller guy in nearly every fight. Most times way smaller.. He's basically the only guy in history who took long breaks when he was older, came back, was held to the same standards, and dominanted. Mayweather would take 2 years off while others would get credit if they lost after 6 months off because they weren't active.

Im a boxing fan. Manny is a legend. I've watched him from the jump but even the haters on boxing will tell you that Floyd is arguably the best they have ever seen. No one else can throw a stiff jab, a pull counter, a leeping left, can throw short hard punches in the inside the most beautiful boxer on the outside, high iq, top notch defense, elite chin, etc. Most of you are casuals. I literally know guys at the top of the fight game who don't like Floyd at all and say that he's the best they ever seen
I literally just watched Oscar de lahoya, max Kellerman, Roberto Garcia, etc call pacquiao the greatest fighter of all time. You consider them casuals?

Sent from my SM-N950W using RealGM mobile app
Goomba3666
Veteran
And1: 3,315

Post#54 » by Goomba3666 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:26 am

Lol. One thing is for sure - this dude CAN'T take a loss without giving an excuse. Sore loser. He's done it after virtually every L he's taken.
heezyo2o
Starter
And1: 1,275

Post#55 » by heezyo2o » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:39 am

Goomba3666 wrote:Lol. One thing is for sure - this dude CAN'T take a loss without giving an excuse. Sore loser. He's done it after virtually every L he's taken.

Was he complaining after he got robbed in that Bradley fight. Was just smiling and going with the flow
Pelon chingon
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,185

Post#56 » by Pelon chingon » Fri Oct 1, 2021 6:52 am

Thank you Manny for setting one hell of an example on how to be the peoples champion!
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,323

Post#57 » by DirtyDez » Fri Oct 1, 2021 7:23 am

It’s crazy how small these great fighters are. They’re 5’7” toothpicks.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,706

Post#58 » by Up-And-Coming » Fri Oct 1, 2021 8:50 am

Capping off a legendary career. He may not have some poster's respect but he has mine. I met him and he takes a lot of time out of his day all the time to autograph and give to those in need.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,315

Post#59 » by DCasey91 » Fri Oct 1, 2021 9:08 am

DirtyDez wrote:It’s crazy how small these great fighters are. They’re 5’7” toothpicks.

Not the size of the dog that counts
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,485

Post#60 » by Blame Rasho » Fri Oct 1, 2021 9:10 am

Glad to see all the off topic threads and player comparisons threads in general board. I mean no one cares anymore.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts