274 Charles Misses Weight

Moderator: lilfishi22

Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Re: 274 Charles Misses Weight 

Post#41 » by Dupp » Sun May 8, 2022 1:10 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:I know waiting around isn't always good, but does Islam gain more by letting Charles fight Conor? If Conor flukes into a victory, Islam has an easier matchup and a monster money fight. If Charles wins, he gets an even more popular and bigger streak charles, with even more damage and age, and more time to prepare for the fight.

Conor doesn't deserve it by any stretch, but Islam might be best served going hush hush and letting it happen lol.

Charles already fought 3 times in a year, he’s active and will want his belt back asap. Conor’s not gonna be ready this year. I doubt waiting over 6 months is on the cards. So who’s Charles fighting if not islam? Only possibility is volk. Porier would be an option if ufc gave him Nate 4 months ago.

And that’s only if Islam would entertain this, which he wouldn’t.

Edit - I guess chandler could be pushed maybe
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#42 » by cowboyronnie » Sun May 8, 2022 2:07 pm

LOL. the disrespect and arrogance that JG showed in the lead-up. He was acting like it was a foregone conclusion he'd beat Charles. Every time I saw him interviewed or at pressers, he thought it was lined-up. Then, fight happens, panics immediately, gets KDd, and taps without even going unconscious. Hilarious. He put up no fight other than some wild swings.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#43 » by cowboyronnie » Sun May 8, 2022 2:15 pm

He didn't think he even needed a strategy he was so overconfident. He thought he was just going to chop legs and swing from the hips? Charles is fine in the fire and has a crazy chin. It's idiotic to have no plan for pace or tactics.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,909

Post#44 » by lobosloboslobos » Sun May 8, 2022 2:16 pm

REDDzone wrote:It's weird that Rose was surprised she lost, shouldn't her ESP have told her something bad was about to happen?

that loss is all on her husband/coach, who clearly convinced her this was the right strategy and never told her to do anything very different. she seemed totally surprised she'd lost. i can only imagine what the conversations will be between them when she watches it back and sees what a complete disaster of a strategy it was, not just because it made her lose but also made a mockery of her whole 'I am the Best' mantra. I feel bad for her for drinking the Kool-aid but as you say she should have realized she was in MMA la-la-land. it's going to be a long road back to MMA respect.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#45 » by REDDzone » Sun May 8, 2022 4:00 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:LOL. the disrespect and arrogance that JG showed in the lead-up. He was acting like it was a foregone conclusion he'd beat Charles. Every time I saw him interviewed or at pressers, he thought it was lined-up. Then, fight happens, panics immediately, gets KDd, and taps without even going unconscious. Hilarious. He put up no fight other than some wild swings.

Yea he really rubbed me the wrong way all throughout the leadup. Charles Oliveira is a coward? Ok bro. Get slept.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#46 » by Susan » Sun May 8, 2022 4:03 pm

Dupp wrote:
brutalitops wrote:
Dupp wrote:More needs to be said about how good Charles striking is and how bad Justin’s jujitsu is

Everyones BJJ is bad compared to Olivera

Cool? Justin’s BJJ is still really bad.

Everybody's BJJ is really bad against Khabib's crushing style and Charles' GOAT submission skills.

Justin is uber frenetic which left himself open to get clipped and in a bad spot, Charles took advantage. Nobody is as opportunistic as Charles in MMA and nobody is as methodical as Khabib was.
Susan
RealGM

Post#47 » by Susan » Sun May 8, 2022 4:15 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:LOL. the disrespect and arrogance that JG showed in the lead-up. He was acting like it was a foregone conclusion he'd beat Charles. Every time I saw him interviewed or at pressers, he thought it was lined-up. Then, fight happens, panics immediately, gets KDd, and taps without even going unconscious. Hilarious. He put up no fight other than some wild swings.

Both come from the same camp - gotta think Whitman is sniffing his own farts to allow both fighters to come in so woefully unprepared. Rose should never have lost that fight and Justin lost all of his poise that got him back to this spot.

The walkout was awesome but Justin was in his "hometown" and was way too freaking hyped and fought stupid. That's 100% what the coach is there for - to make sure you're dialed in mentally and Whitman allowed Barry to ruin Rose last night and allowed Justin go back to his old ways and destroy himself.

Good on Charles - he's on one hell of a run right now.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,938

Post#48 » by Jasen777 » Sun May 8, 2022 4:26 pm

brutalitops wrote:PPV bonus money only comes in when your the champ :lol: :lol:

Generally true in practice, but it's really just what you can negotiate. You think Conor isn't getting isn't getting a cut when he comes back? Other none champs have gotten points before. And DJ turned down ppv bonus (likely couldn't reach the minimum level) for other consideration.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,938

Post#49 » by Jasen777 » Sun May 8, 2022 4:30 pm

Susan wrote: Whitman allowed Barry to ruin Rose last night

There must be something comparable, but offhand I can't think of a worse in-fight coaching job.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,204

Post#50 » by duppyy » Sun May 8, 2022 4:38 pm

Not a good look for Whitman last night.
Susan
RealGM

Post#51 » by Susan » Sun May 8, 2022 4:39 pm

Read on Twitter

So dumb.
Susan
RealGM

Post#52 » by Susan » Sun May 8, 2022 4:50 pm

Read on Twitter

Ugh.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#53 » by Headliner » Sun May 8, 2022 7:35 pm

Dear god his face

The memes that are going to come out of that…
Dupp
RealGM

Post#54 » by Dupp » Sun May 8, 2022 8:26 pm

lobosloboslobos wrote:
REDDzone wrote:It's weird that Rose was surprised she lost, shouldn't her ESP have told her something bad was about to happen?

that loss is all on her husband/coach, who clearly convinced her this was the right strategy and never told her to do anything very different. she seemed totally surprised she'd lost. i can only imagine what the conversations will be between them when she watches it back and sees what a complete disaster of a strategy it was, not just because it made her lose but also made a mockery of her whole 'I am the Best' mantra. I feel bad for her for drinking the Kool-aid but as you say she should have realized she was in MMA la-la-land. it's going to be a long road back to MMA respect.

Pedo pat was terrible but Trevor also didn’t step up and tell her anything either. He also told her she was up 4-0 going into the 5th. They threw that title away…
Dupp
RealGM

Post#55 » by Dupp » Sun May 8, 2022 8:31 pm

Susan wrote:
Dupp wrote:
brutalitops wrote:Everyones BJJ is bad compared to Olivera

Cool? Justin’s BJJ is still really bad.

Everybody's BJJ is really bad against Khabib's crushing style and Charles' GOAT submission skills.

Justin is uber frenetic which left himself open to get clipped and in a bad spot, Charles took advantage. Nobody is as opportunistic as Charles in MMA and nobody is as methodical as Khabib was.

It was worse a worse showing against khabib. Literally no defense at all down there. Dustin lasted a round in guard, chandler had his back taken vs Charles. They survived. Like what did Justin actually do down there? Nothing, no mechanics nothing. Khabib sliced through him in like 5 seconds. Straight to mount, to an arm bar and then to a triangle.
Gaethje doesn’t have to be a threat down there but you can’t be a top fighter and have no resistance.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#56 » by Headliner » Sun May 8, 2022 8:48 pm

Man, I just looked at the Records of Islam and Beniel and they’ve beat pretty much no one of significance. I have no idea how guys get to the top with 1 win.
Islam has only one significant win, and it’s agains a 1-4 Dan hooker in his last 5 fights, and BD has 1 win over a 0-4 Tony F in his last 4.

The UFC needs to do a better job of managing their top 10s fights.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#57 » by Dupp » Sun May 8, 2022 8:50 pm

And yes Justin getting choked out was poetic and very predictable
Dupp
RealGM

Post#58 » by Dupp » Sun May 8, 2022 9:42 pm

Headliner wrote:Man, I just looked at the Records of Islam and Beniel and they’ve beat pretty much no one of significance. I have no idea how guys get to the top with 1 win.
Islam has only one significant win, and it’s agains a 1-4 Dan hooker in his last 5 fights, and BD has 1 win over a 0-4 Tony F in his last 4.

The UFC needs to do a better job of managing their top 10s fights.

And Charles had 2 top 10 wins (including Tony) in his 8-9 win streak before the title shot. Now look at him. It doesn’t matter and these guys are the top of the division despite that.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#59 » by Dupp » Sun May 8, 2022 9:47 pm

Susan wrote:

Both come from the same camp - gotta think Whitman is sniffing his own farts to allow both fighters to come in so woefully unprepared. Rose should never have lost that fight and Justin lost all of his poise that got him back to this spot.

The walkout was awesome but Justin was in his "hometown" and was way too freaking hyped and fought stupid. That's 100% what the coach is there for - to make sure you're dialed in mentally and Whitman allowed Barry to ruin Rose last night and allowed Justin go back to his old ways and destroy himself.

Good on Charles - he's on one hell of a run right now.

We’re you really seeing anything from gaethje we don’t see every time? Seemed like exactly the same guy as always.

Rose wasn’t unprepared she just got horrible and delusional corner advice. Carla was equally as bad though. She could of easily not got the decision and we’d be saying that’s how you come out to try take the title. You gotta beat the champ to be the champ type :droop: bull
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#60 » by REDDzone » Sun May 8, 2022 9:51 pm

Rose will bounce back, she was groomed for this moment.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts