Kimbo Slice on CBS - Who's watching?

Moderator: lilfishi22

The Notic
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: it's a bird. it's a plane. NO! it's Lois Lane givin me brain.

Post#41 » by The Notic » Mon Jun 2, 2008 12:30 am

LOL @ the standup from the side mount position.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#42 » by Susan » Mon Jun 2, 2008 1:05 am

Blame Rasho wrote:Kimbo Slice is to MMA what Butterbean is to boxing.

The thing is, Butterbean can actually beat Thompson.
Troy McClure
Banned User
And1: 46

Post#43 » by Troy McClure » Mon Jun 2, 2008 5:49 am

Libid21 wrote:I think Kimbo's a little over-rated and media hyped. He's got an amazingly strong strike, but I still think he'd get his ass kicked if he played in UFC.

A little over rated?
ShaqSlamsU
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#44 » by ShaqSlamsU » Mon Jun 2, 2008 5:53 am

Cammo101 wrote:Chuck Lidell said it best...

"I was winning titles while he was beating up homeless people in Taco Bell parking lots"

:rofl:
Dry_Fish
RealGM
And1: 8,389

Post#45 » by Dry_Fish » Mon Jun 2, 2008 6:31 am

Cammo101 wrote:Chuck Lidell said it best...

"I was winning titles while he was beating up homeless people in Taco Bell parking lots"

well 1/2 of the people liddel beat up wold be homeless without mma. When you have such a small population of participant , it's easy to look good.
harding156
Banned User
And1: 5

Post#46 » by harding156 » Mon Jun 2, 2008 1:55 pm

Blame Rasho wrote:Kimbo Slice is to MMA what Butterbean is to boxing.

Forget Butterbean and boxing, nothing is as embarrassing and Butterbean and MMA. Here's Butterbean vs Patrick Smith:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng-WznfWqV8

So, in order to take Butterbean down you simply have to take a step back when he swings at you.
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,486

Post#47 » by Blame Rasho » Mon Jun 2, 2008 3:01 pm

harding156 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Forget Butterbean and boxing, nothing is as embarrassing and Butterbean and MMA. Here's Butterbean vs Patrick Smith:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng-WznfWqV8

So, in order to take Butterbean down you simply have to take a step back when he swings at you.

LOL....

I know Kimbo would look just as bad in a legit boxing match. People are always in awe of his punching power but in my opinion he doesn't have one punch knockout power. He would look like an idiot with 10 ounce gloves on looking for a KO vs boxers.
El Hardee
Sixth Man
And1: 25

Post#48 » by El Hardee » Mon Jun 2, 2008 11:17 pm

Speaking of Butterbean here he is getting subbed by 155 pounder Genki Sudo, I would love to see Genki do the same to Kimbo Krap.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e2SqIkt0E7o
jonny three time
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,246

Post#49 » by jonny three time » Tue Jun 3, 2008 2:35 am

The guy who should be thanked for Kimbo's career is hoever thought up him and some guy fighting in a backyard for money, then posted it on the internet. It's how Kimbo looks when fighting more than his actual ability that made him famous.

I think he has one more fight in him when they cough up enough cash for Sean Gannon (the only "youtube guy" to beat Kimbo) to take a match with him. Gannon will beat him again and people will realize Kimbo is a novelty act.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#50 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Jun 3, 2008 2:58 am

Dry_Fish wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

well 1/2 of the people liddel beat up wold be homeless without mma.

?????
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#51 » by Sweezo » Tue Jun 3, 2008 6:16 pm

ATLfan wrote:This was only Kimbo's 3rd MMA fight so he should only get better but his ground game needs a lot of work if he's ever going to do anything big. Is CBS going to do more Saturday Fight Night's???

Going to get better? He's 34 years old...I'm not sure what kind of improvement one can reasonably expect out of someone that age in a sport that's not kind to aging athletes.

The fight was an absolute joke. I'm not sure if the Slice/Thomson fight was fixed, but the fact that question is even debatable demonstrates how big of a failure the whole event was. Over hyped street fighter with no technique gets a win against an also ran who MMA fans know is a joke. There's a reason they chose an opponent for Slice who fights likes to put his head down and swing wildly...a heavyweight with a semblance of a decent ground game would've made sure Slice never made it past the first round.

When Thomson had Slice on his back, Slice looked absolute clueless. And when the announcers are screaming in shock because Slice is attempting something that's kinda sorta similar to a kimura...c'mon...that's not exciting, that should be expected.

The only silver lining is it was a free show on network TV. If that had been a PPV event...that franchise would be finished.

Dana White has to be laughing his ass off right about now.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,184
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#52 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Jun 3, 2008 8:37 pm

Ground game is lame, stand up and fight bitches.

Edit: I don't think the stoppage was that bad, the dude was out of it clearly, he didn't even know who he was looking at anymore....
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,771

Post#53 » by Cammo101 » Tue Jun 3, 2008 8:55 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:Ground game is lame, stand up and fight bitches.

Edit: I don't think the stoppage was that bad, the dude was out of it clearly, he didn't even know who he was looking at anymore....

The stoppage was clearly early and if it were the first round they would not have stopped it. Thompson knew full well he was was looking at the ref which is why he was yelling at him before he swung at him.

Gary Shaw is a sleazy boxing promoter with roots in the NJ state athletic commission. It does not take a rocket scientist to see that when his only cash cow was in trouble, he put the fix in.
Blame Rasho
On Leave

Post#54 » by Blame Rasho » Tue Jun 3, 2008 9:08 pm

Lets try to understand why there was a early stoppage. I want you guys to look when was the last time CBS(1982) aired a combat sport. If that doesn't tell you why...nothing will.
BlackMamba
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81

Post#55 » by BlackMamba » Wed Jun 4, 2008 8:38 pm

El Hardee wrote:Speaking of Butterbean here he is getting subbed by 155 pounder Genki Sudo, I would love to see Genki do the same to Kimbo Krap.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e2SqIkt0E7o

:rofl: thats great
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,165

Re: Kimbo Slice on CBS - Who's watching? 

Post#56 » by HMFFL » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:26 pm

A few co-workers and I were discussing his future and I really feel he needs to improve on many areas. While we all know his ground game needs to improve, he also needs to improve on his stamina, and control his attacks better. Still, his future is bright, he's going to be fun to watch and he's going to feed his family. :wink:
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,771

Post#57 » by Cammo101 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:43 pm

Kimbo's future is anything but bright. One of 2 things will happen now that him sucking is out of the bag. Either Elite XC will continue to feed him bums he can beat and people will lose interest or he will get tooled a couple times and become a Tank Aboott-esque sideshow.

Either way the MMA world will be better off for kimbo just going away.

My guess is he gets tooled by Brett Rodgers and the world goes back to worrying about Linsay Lohan or Miley Cyrus.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,165

Post#58 » by HMFFL » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:02 pm

Basically I believe he's going to be next week's news if he doesn't improve on his faults. His last fight needed to be a reality to him and his trainers that he can't continue to get by with the way he's been doing.
rickj82
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: 

Post#59 » by rickj82 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:11 am

Blame Rasho wrote:Lets try to understand why there was a early stoppage. I want you guys to look when was the last time CBS(1982) aired a combat sport. If that doesn't tell you why...nothing will.

Duk koo Kim?
Blame Rasho
On Leave

Re: Re: 

Post#60 » by Blame Rasho » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:12 am

rickj82 wrote:
Blame Rasho wrote:Lets try to understand why there was a early stoppage. I want you guys to look when was the last time CBS(1982) aired a combat sport. If that doesn't tell you why...nothing will.

Duk koo Kim?

:nod:

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts