Manny Pacquiao Vs David Diaz June 28

Moderator: lilfishi22

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,969

Re: Manny Pacquiao Vs David Diaz June 28 

Post#41 » by Rich Rane » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:25 am

Cochulito wrote:didnt see the Luevano fight....

Big sky fell like a tree... Soto was **** over

Pacquiao gives David Diaz a beating and everyones all over his nuts. hahahah since when is a fringe level opponent a measuring stick for being p4p number 1? Pacquiaos is great dont get me wrong, and is the best in the world, but please dont base that on this fight.

You don't think he's more of a complete fighter than when he first gained recognition as a world class fighter? Take a look at that 1st fight with Barrera and last night's fight. You're absolutely right that you shouldn't base a boxer on one fight, but give the man some credit on the guy's rise.

When you truly think about it, hes reached p4p number by beating past prime mexicans. The prime mexicans he fought, he lost to Morales, Drew with Marquez, aand in my book lost to Marquez in the rematch.

Pretty much every current fighter has their own criticisms. In Pacquiao's case, Barerra was 29 in his first fight with Pacquiao. Sure he came off two bouts with Morales and a twelve round decision with Hamed, but he wasn't passed his prime. Not to mention, that was Pacquiao's first fight as a featherweight. The Marquez fight was a win as a judge scored his card incorrectly giving Pacquiao a 10-7 when it should've been 10-6 for the three knockdown 1st round. For Marquez to have won on the cards, he'd have to win 8 rounds for it to be 113-112. Do you really think Marquez won 8 rounds of that fight? Morales was nearing the end of his prime with Pacquiao in the second fight, but it's not like he was a pushover as Morales controlled the early portion of that second fight. Once again, I still have the second Marquez fight with Pacquiao winning 115-112 Pacquiao. I have no idea how that judge scored the same for Marquez.

Any fighter in his prime would give Pacquiao hell at lightweight. IMO campbell and juan diaz would beat him. The hand speed and punch out put would give pacman trouble

Once again, you could even make arguments against those two the same way against Pacquiao.
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,486

Post#42 » by Blame Rasho » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:30 am

Well said Rich Rane...
jourdy
Starter
And1: 964

Post#43 » by jourdy » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:29 am

Another 4.2m for Pacquiao.
I wonder how much of that he actually gets. Pacquiao is a demi god here in the Philippines. Filipinos treat him like a hero. It's a good thing no one voted for him when he ran for senator.

Stick to boxing, Pacquito!
You're the ONLY Filipino athlete known globally.
And 1 Amare
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#44 » by And 1 Amare » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:43 am

Damn, Pacquiao really surprised me. I thought he would be worse because he might have let other things get in the way of boxing, but he looked great that night. In the beginning of the match, I was worried that Manny was using up all his energy, but he ended up being very consistent and dominated the whole match.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHVPEFam_Og
| Monta Ellis | Marco Belinelli | Anthony Randolph | Brandan Wright | Andris Biedrins |
And 1 Amare
Banned User

Post#45 » by And 1 Amare » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:47 am

Blame Rasho wrote:Diaz..... "The **** was too fast... **** at least I can say I fought the best that I could" and "I thought he had a knife with him... he was cutting me up"

LOL. cussing on national tv.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHVPEFam_Og
| Monta Ellis | Marco Belinelli | Anthony Randolph | Brandan Wright | Andris Biedrins |
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,486

Post#46 » by Blame Rasho » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:12 pm

And 1 Amare wrote:
Blame Rasho wrote:Diaz..... "The **** was too fast... **** at least I can say I fought the best that I could" and "I thought he had a knife with him... he was cutting me up"

LOL. cussing on national tv.

It is PPV and HBO... it really isn't national TV. Have you seen some of the stuff HBO shows?
Cochulito
Banned User

Post#47 » by Cochulito » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:40 pm

you can say what ever you want on a premium network like HBO.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts