Moderator: lilfishi22

SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,456

Re: 264 

Post#61 » by SichtingLives » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:26 pm

It was funny to see Conor become the black knight on the canvas there. "Come back here and take whats comin to ya! I'll bite your legs off!!" lol

Say what you want about the man but he builds up a fight like no other. I was having heart palpitations when the fight started. Watched a million fights and I'm never as on edge as when crazy Conor is in there. I don't think the sport will miss his antics but the electricity of his events can't be duplicated by anyone else on the roster.
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#62 » by Headliner » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:35 pm

For sure, Conor creates an atmosphere of excitement.
He was an elite 145, he’s alright at 155, snd a weak 170 guy.
Wish he never would have got caught up in the idea of 170 it ruined him. He should have Khabib’d it and fought a few more times at 145 to create a legacy.

I personally hope he doesn’t fight again, but if he does I hope he goes to 145, which probably has sailed, but he does have the money and time to train for it properly.
Caped Crusader
Veteran
And1: 3,878

Post#63 » by Caped Crusader » Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:12 pm

AdamTH21 wrote:Disappointed with how the fight ended, purely because it means we have to sit and listen to McGregor fans continue to make excuses for him until Dustin inevitably finishes him again.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. His career spiral has been absolutely fascinating viewing.

Don't be disappointed. He lost a lot of his fans last night and any excuses are just as valid as McGregor claiming that submissions don't count as a loss in his book. There's not going to be a 4th fight. Cocaine Conor is done.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,989

Post#64 » by Los_29 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:01 pm

Headliner wrote:For sure, Conor creates an atmosphere of excitement.
He was an elite 145, he’s alright at 155, snd a weak 170 guy.
Wish he never would have got caught up in the idea of 170 it ruined him. He should have Khabib’d it and fought a few more times at 145 to create a legacy.

I personally hope he doesn’t fight again, but if he does I hope he goes to 145, which probably has sailed, but he does have the money and time to train for it properly.

I don't think there is any way he can get back down to 145. It was really hard for him to cut to 145 5 years ago. It's probably 10x harder now after fighting at 155 and 170. Not only that, I don't think he beats Max and Volk.

I think he only fought Diaz at 170. He probably walks around at that weight anyway so I don't think it had any impact on his career.
benson13
Rookie
And1: 983

Post#65 » by benson13 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:27 pm

Caped Crusader wrote:
AdamTH21 wrote:Disappointed with how the fight ended, purely because it means we have to sit and listen to McGregor fans continue to make excuses for him until Dustin inevitably finishes him again.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. His career spiral has been absolutely fascinating viewing.

Don't be disappointed. He lost a lot of his fans last night and any excuses are just as valid as McGregor claiming that submissions don't count as a loss in his book. There's not going to be a 4th fight. Cocaine Conor is done.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app

As long as there's money to be made, Conor will be in main events. We'll see how last night impacts his ability to draw fans.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#66 » by Headliner » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:35 pm

I do want to say one thing, and that’s Joe Rogan is an absolute bum for going over to Conor to interview him while he’s laying on the ground with all that adrenaline, and snapped off foot. Conor reacted after he just heard Dustin claim he caused Conor’s foot to break, which enraged him because he doesnt believe it, and he said something stupid about his wife because he was mad, compromised and trying to one up him like a twat.
Conor lost more with that interview than he did the fight.

It was classless and cringy.
Joe interviewing him was on the level of stupidity as his DC interview after Jones KO’d him.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#67 » by Dupp » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:52 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
Dupp wrote:I get the stoppage but he let it go that far give him another 30 seconds... He did say protect yourself though. Dude got brain damage that fight.

Tough as **** though

Naw. Refs ought not being paying attention to the clock. I mean, that's literally a rule. Every second is equal.

That said, the fight should have been stopped way earlier. Give the kid warnings and then end the fight.

No I agree I’m jus saying I get the outrage because it did go that long. Reality it could have been stopped 2 rounds earlier even.

Herb even warned him right before he stopped it. Just kinda sucks for him to make it that far. Least he got 75k.

Honestly he didn’t really show much besides being tough as ****. Sugar is a very smooth and skilled striker. Dunno why he didn’t throw more kicks though ( maybe he generally doesn’t kick much?). But for someone already looking at the clock in round 1 you’d think he’d try work on his legs a bit the slow him down.

Sean’s legs are also skinny as ****. Dude looks like he could snap at any moment.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#68 » by Dupp » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:55 pm

SichtingLives wrote:It was funny to see Conor become the black knight on the canvas there. "Come back here and take whats comin to ya! I'll bite your legs off!!" lol

Say what you want about the man but he builds up a fight like no other. I was having heart palpitations when the fight started. Watched a million fights and I'm never as on edge as when crazy Conor is in there. I don't think the sport will miss his antics but the electricity of his events can't be duplicated by anyone else on the roster.

Probably coz you’re fat and unfit jerry
Dupp
RealGM

Post#69 » by Dupp » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:02 pm

The irony of Conor leaving on a stretcher with a broken leg/ankle after jawing at rda about a “sore toe” and saying Dustin will leave on a stretcher was great.

Only sucks because Dustin won’t get his due. Also great how Conor went for a guillotine after going on how submissions don’t count. Such a ****. Dude was getting lit up and wasn’t coming out of the second round.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#70 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:59 pm

Two judges gave Dustin 10-8s in that first round.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by Headliner » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:55 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Two judges gave Dustin 10-8s in that first round.

That’s insanity.
But it’s probably because of the break and Conor going down and Dustin laying a ton of shots then.

Before that though it was just a 10-9 for Dustin.

Conor won the first 1:50ish, then went for a dumb Guillotine, then they played with position for a little bit, Conor landed 6 or 7 steong elbows from back (probably to the back of the head) then Dustin landed a ton of glancing shots with probably half dozen being good ones. Then Conor lands a good up kick as Dustin stands over, and then some ground attack but nothing smothering and Conor gets up, breaks his own ankle and that’s a wrap.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#72 » by Headliner » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:00 am

I just rewatched it on YouTube, ive seen guys saying he broke his ankle because Dustin buckled him with a shot, but Dustin didn’t hit him at all, he whiffed, Conor took a step back, rolled his ankle and snapped it.

I was trying to find where he might of compromised it, but I’m not sure. There’s one kick that sounds weird and was crazy hard and where I thought it might have, but then he looks fine and kicking with it after that, so I have no clue.
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,456

Post#73 » by SichtingLives » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:16 am

Dupp wrote:
SichtingLives wrote:It was funny to see Conor become the black knight on the canvas there. "Come back here and take whats comin to ya! I'll bite your legs off!!" lol

you can kiss my whole a$$hole
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
Dupp
RealGM

Post#74 » by Dupp » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:50 am

SichtingLives wrote:
Dupp wrote:

:burger:
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#75 » by Susan » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:02 am

Dupp wrote:
SichtingLives wrote:
Dupp wrote:

:burger:

OK, Zion def beats broken legged Conor in a fight.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#76 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:26 am

Headliner wrote:

That’s insanity.
But it’s probably because of the break and Conor going down and Dustin laying a ton of shots then.

Conor won the first 1:50ish, then went for a dumb Guillotine, then they played with position for a little bit, Conor landed 6 or 7 steong elbows from back (probably to the back of the head) then Dustin landed a ton of glancing shots with probably half dozen being good ones. Then Conor lands a good up kick as Dustin stands over, and then some ground attack but nothing smothering and Conor gets up, breaks his own ankle and that’s a wrap.

LOL

Just moved from unambiguous winning to a guillotine, huh? Nothing you're not mentioning? Nothing, say, in the last part of that "1:50" that might explain how he got into the guillotine position? Like him shooting for underhooks after eating 7 hard punches, reeling backwards, and covering up?

You move right over that in your description. It's curious. Just striking dominance and then grappling, out of nowhere.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#77 » by Headliner » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:12 am

cowboyronnie wrote:
Headliner wrote:

That’s insanity.

LOL

Just moved from unambiguous winning to a guillotine, huh? Nothing you're not mentioning? Nothing, say, in the last part of that "1:50" that might explain how he got into the guillotine position? Like him shooting for underhooks after eating 7 hard punches, reeling backwards, and covering up?

You move right over that in your description. It's curious. Just striking dominance and then grappling, out of nowhere.

Im not writing an Espn article lol
I went from striking to a Guillotine because that’s a bracket of time before something of importance happens to transition to another relevant thing to talk about.
I could have said Conor won the first 1:40 and then Dustin does a flurry of good punches to win 15 seconds and pushes him to the cage where Conor goes for a dumb Guillotine, but It’s really not important over all.

Dustin clearly won the round, but he didn’t deserve a 10-8 before the ankle break, and then almost finished him.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#78 » by Susan » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:36 am

Didn't feel like a 10-8, the grappling Dustin won the exchanges but Conor did to a bit of damage from the bottom and wasn't rocked by the GnP.

There's gotta be more of an almost finish (unless the judges figured the last exchange Conor was rocked and counted that way).
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#79 » by REDDzone » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:10 pm

This is the ideal scenario for the UFC to continue. Now they do DP vs CO for the title as an actual legitimate title. If DP wins, Conor gets the title shot based off of "unfinished business". If DP loses, the Conor has about 4-5 big money fights waiting in the wings between Dustin/Nate/Jorge etc.

This isn't the last we've heard from Conor, and chances are that his next fight will be for a title at 155 despite being 1-3 in the UFC.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#80 » by REDDzone » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:11 pm

Headliner wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:
Jasen777 wrote:
Well I'm a hater.

It's possible he couldn't stay at 145, he always looked like death after his cuts. Even though he never had any incidents making weight I was always suspicious of him being a natural 145er. And it doesn't get easier with age.

Sure, but you can always lose a little bit of weight the right way to make the water cut less drastic. And even though he looked gaunt Conor was cutting from around 165 to make 145, and a 20 pound cut is pretty standard for most fighters.

At 155, who can he honestly beat? Poirier, Gaethje, Oliveira, Dariush, and Islam all definitely beat him. I would favor Michael Chandler, too, but I think Conor at least has a shot there. Conor is in the class below with guys like Ferguson who clearly aren’t legitimate contenders anymore, which is why I think he should just fight Diaz in the trilogy and call it a career.

That’s silly,
He destroyed Eddie, lost to khabib, destroyed cowboy and lost to Dustin and then broke his own foot. You can’t draw conclusions from that. Dustin and Khabib are better than all those guys you listed above.

The conor hate clouds people. He’s not a bum, he’s not “definitely” losing to any of those guys. He might not be favoured, but he’s not a slouch to the point you can write him off like that.

This isn't directed just at you but I'm unclear why you guys are granting Conor that Cowboy farce as a win at 155, that was WW.

Conor is 1-3 at LW.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts