Boxing Thread 4.0

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: Boxing Thread 4.0 

Post#2241 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:21 pm

Great fight. Haven't heard Wilder's post-fight comments. It would be insane if he still couldn't concede things. But sort of fasctinating psyhcologically.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,859

Post#2242 » by Butch718 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:38 pm

brutalitops wrote:
Butch718 wrote:Wow, what a fight.

Wilder took way too punishment. Was never a fan of his, but damn. Dude has a lot of heart.

Fury Usyk please.

Fury would murder Usyk, Big Usyk fan but hes giving up a massive amount of size

Yeah yeah yeah. We can all say this and that would happen. I say make the damn fight and have the two champs fight for all the belts. That’s what boxing fans should want.
rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 5,562

Post#2243 » by rockmanslim » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:00 pm

Found a clip of the last round:
Spoiler:
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#2244 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:49 pm

Butch718 wrote:
brutalitops wrote:
Butch718 wrote:Wow, what a fight.

Wilder took way too punishment. Was never a fan of his, but damn. Dude has a lot of heart.

Fury Usyk please.

Fury would murder Usyk, Big Usyk fan but hes giving up a massive amount of size

Yeah yeah yeah. We can all say this and that would happen. I say make the damn fight and have the two champs fight for all the belts. That’s what boxing fans should want.

I like Usyk a lot. But he beat a very mediocre fighter to get the title and has only had 3 HW bouts. Don't tell me I should be excited about watching a mugging because there are some formalities involved (i.e. belts). There are actually way more interesting match-ups between non-belt holders at HW.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#2245 » by TGW » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:33 pm

I'm sorry, but Wilder is awful. Dude is a stiff with some of the worst footwork and stamina i've ever seen in a human being that looks like him. Guy was gassed by the 3rd round. And I'm not a fan of Fury either. He lacks power and also has questionable stamina, but he has great IQ and skillset.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,456

Post#2246 » by KL78192020 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:25 pm

TGW wrote:I'm sorry, but Wilder is awful. Dude is a stiff with some of the worst footwork and stamina i've ever seen in a human being that looks like him. Guy was gassed by the 3rd round. And I'm not a fan of Fury either. He lacks power and also has questionable stamina, but he has great IQ and skillset.

yea heavy weight division has been weak the last 10 years. Fury is still the best in his class.
Butch718
RealGM

Post#2247 » by Butch718 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:44 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
Butch718 wrote:
brutalitops wrote:Fury would murder Usyk, Big Usyk fan but hes giving up a massive amount of size

I like Usyk a lot. But he beat a very mediocre fighter to get the title and has only had 3 HW bouts. Don't tell me I should be excited about watching a mugging because there are some formalities involved (i.e. belts). There are actually way more interesting match-ups between non-belt holders at HW.

Are you guys actually serious? Since when did AJ become a mediocre heavy weight in the division when was easily top 3 before the Usyk fight. Seriously, the **** that you guys type at times is just mind boggling. Whyte, Ruiz, Joyce, Rivas, Parker, Hunter, Ortiz are all supposed to be better than AJ? You’re honestly telling me that Usyk beat a mediocre heavy weight as an argument as to why a fight shouldn’t be made? Sorry but it’s hard to take an opinion seriously when I see nonsense like that.

If y’all don’t want to see it IDGAF. Not many expected Usyk to outbox AJ the way he did and if you claim that you did I’m calling revisionist bull.

Fury and Usyk are currently ranked 1 and 2 in the heavy weight division by most outlets. Yes, I must be crazy for wanting to see that fight. :lol:
Butch718
RealGM

Post#2248 » by Butch718 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:04 pm

TGW wrote:I'm sorry, but Wilder is awful. Dude is a stiff with some of the worst footwork and stamina i've ever seen in a human being that looks like him. Guy was gassed by the 3rd round. And I'm not a fan of Fury either. He lacks power and also has questionable stamina, but he has great IQ and skillset.

Wilder is relevant because or his world class punching power. That’s about it. He’s always a threat for that very reason. But yeah, he’s severely lacking in every other department.

That being said he’s more watchable to the public than some of the tree trunks they have in the division. Casual boxing fans love knock outs. They don’t appreciate the sweet science the way boxing enthusiast do.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#2249 » by Dupp » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:10 pm

You know for all wilders floors he should get some praise for lasting 11 rounds. Dude is WAY smaller that fury and the skill gap is huge too.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#2250 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:35 pm

Butch718 wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:
Butch718 wrote:

Are you guys actually serious? Since when did AJ become a mediocre heavy weight in the division when was easily top 3 before the Usyk fight. Seriously, the **** that you guys type at times is just mind boggling. Whyte, Ruiz, Joyce, Rivas, Parker, Hunter, Ortiz are all supposed to be better than AJ? You’re honestly telling me that Usyk beat a mediocre heavy weight as an argument as to why a fight shouldn’t be made? Sorry but it’s hard to take an opinion seriously when I see nonsense like that.

If y’all don’t want to see it IDGAF. Not many expected Usyk to outbox AJ the way he did and if you claim that you did I’m calling revisionist bull.

Fury and Usyk are currently ranked 1 and 2 in the heavy weight division by most outlets. Yes, I must be crazy for wanting to see that fight. :lol:

1) I've always believed in Usyk. There are a half dozen comments in this thread when he was still a Cruiser fantasising that he go to HW.

2) The HW division HAS NO WEIGHT LIMIT. This makes it uniquely the case that two fighters can be 1 and 2, and that a fight between them might nevertheless not be competitive head-to-head. e.g. if THERE IS A 50+ POUND WEIGHT DIFFERENCE, AS THERE IS RIGHT HERE. A 50 POUND WEIGHT DIFFERENCE. If this weren't the upper-limit division, they would be 10 weight divisions apart and it would be like saying Andrade or Canelo or Plant can hang with Gassiev of whatever. It doesn't matter how pedigreed a 160/168er is, they can't hang with someone at 198.

3) In no way does me saying Joshua is mediocre mean I think he is not better than Parker or any of those names listed. This is basic logic.
Butch718
RealGM

Post#2251 » by Butch718 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:14 am

Your logic makes absolutely no sense. You just said that Usyk shouldn’t fight Fury because he only beat a mediocre HW, when AJ was the second best in the division before they fought. Like what does Usyk have to do to earn a fight with Fury? You’re already predetermining the outcome before the fight is even made. Which quite frankly is silly. Let them fight and the winner unifies all the belts. That’s what boxing should be all about.

Fact of the matter is Fury is going to be bigger than almost every fighter he faces. Again, wtf cares. Let the best fight the best. Also those that are closest to Fury in size and weight would not be more competitive than Usyk.

At the end of the day there is no point in Usyk being a heavy weight if he’s not going to fight someone like Fury to test himself. Also there is no heavy weight(besides Fury)in the division that’s anywhere as skilled or has the ring IQ of Usyk and that’s a fact.

I’m so sick of the best not fighting the best when the timing is right. It’s **** lame and so are the arguments against this fight being made.
Butch718
RealGM

Post#2252 » by Butch718 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:20 am

Dupp wrote:You know for all wilders floors he should get some praise for lasting 11 rounds. Dude is WAY smaller that fury and the skill gap is huge too.

lol everyone is smaller than Fury. Dude is a monster at 6’8 and 290.
NotaHypeJob
Sixth Man
And1: 2,316

Post#2253 » by NotaHypeJob » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:32 am

Wilder is the only heavyweight who has a chance against Fury. I have tremendous respect for Joshua/Usyk but you have to nail Fury to the floor to beat him and they don't have that power. He's so versatile with his skillet and humble with it too inside the ring. After round 4 he focused on just mauling Wilder, headlocks, using his size to lean on him and tire him out. Did it before too against Cunningham/Wallin where he was getting outboxed and big manned them.
With that being said, Usyk should beat AJ in the rematch again and then that is the fight to make for undisputed. Of course Fury has no discipline and could never fight again for various reasons, he's so unreliable.

Also, how can people not love Deontay. He revived HW boxing in the US and gave us an ATG trilogy along with numerous highlight real KOs.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,180
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#2254 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:28 am

I actually got more respect for Wilder from that than any other fight.

If he’s not damaged long term from that, I don’t think anyone has what it takes to walk through the fire with that guy and put him away before he flatlines them.

He’s a mediocre boxer, but he’s world class and all time great as a puncher and as a flat out savage.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
NotaHypeJob
Sixth Man
And1: 2,316

Post#2255 » by NotaHypeJob » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:43 am

KL78192020 wrote:

yea heavy weight division has been weak the last 10 years. Fury is still the best in his class.

No, HW division has been strong the last couple of years, especially now. Only time it's been stronger in the last 40 years is the mid 90s when you had Old Foreman, Lewis, Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe and Moorer.

Other than 94-95, give me Wilder, Fury, Joshua and Usyk as the elite of my division any day.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#2256 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:49 pm

Butch718 wrote:Your logic makes absolutely no sense. You just said that Usyk shouldn’t fight Fury because he only beat a mediocre HW, when AJ was the second best in the division before they fought. Like what does Usyk have to do to earn a fight with Fury? You’re already predetermining the outcome before the fight is even made. Which quite frankly is silly. Let them fight and the winner unifies all the belts. That’s what boxing should be all about.

Fact of the matter is Fury is going to be bigger than almost every fighter he faces. Again, wtf cares. Let the best fight the best. Also those that are closest to Fury in size and weight would not be more competitive than Usyk.

At the end of the day there is no point in Usyk being a heavy weight if he’s not going to fight someone like Fury to test himself. Also there is no heavy weight(besides Fury)in the division that’s anywhere as skilled or has the ring IQ of Usyk and that’s a fact.

I’m so sick of the best not fighting the best when the timing is right. It’s **** lame and so are the arguments against this fight being made.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be made. I'm saying that I'm not excited by it.

Prime 147 Floyd against prime 168 Andre Ward. Best of the 2010s fighting the best of the 2010s. Since you don't care about weight differences, you should be excited by that fight.

Right?

That's only a 21 lb difference. Nothing compared to Uysk vs Fury, even with correcting for proportionality.
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,494

Post#2257 » by jokeboy86 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:27 pm

Wilder's balance was still awful and he still has no clue how to fight off the back foot. Fury might be the smartest HW I've seen in years. The guy is like Floyd in that he can adapt to any style and adapt during the fight. His reach and height is also too much of an advantage and he'll pot shot you all night with his jab. The scary thing we're not even seeing prime Fury which I believe was against Klitschko. If he ever goes back down to that weight he probably never loses a round again.

As crazy as it sounds I still want to see Fury against Joshua cause he still would probably be the best boxer he's faced since Klitschko. And as skilled as Usyk is I echo other posters in that the reach and weight difference would be way too substantial that I don't see how he could land anything significant on Fury
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,160

Post#2258 » by Knickfan1982 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:27 pm

NotaHypeJob wrote:Wilder is the only heavyweight who has a chance against Fury. I have tremendous respect for Joshua/Usyk but you have to nail Fury to the floor to beat him and they don't have that power. He's so versatile with his skillet and humble with it too inside the ring. After round 4 he focused on just mauling Wilder, headlocks, using his size to lean on him and tire him out. Did it before too against Cunningham/Wallin where he was getting outboxed and big manned them.
With that being said, Usyk should beat AJ in the rematch again and then that is the fight to make for undisputed. Of course Fury has no discipline and could never fight again for various reasons, he's so unreliable.

Also, how can people not love Deontay. He revived HW boxing in the US and gave us an ATG trilogy along with numerous highlight real KOs.

I think Joshua should have taken a step back before fighting Usyk again. He got beat up and dominated. He needs to reexamine what he's doing and try to implement new tactics and training. But that would mean Dillian Whyte wouldn't get the title shot he's done more than enough to earn.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#2259 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:10 pm

All about Kenny Porter. What a douche. That was him trying to prove himself.
aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 949

Post#2260 » by aggerrard » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:08 am

Great fight. Kambosos won fair and square, saw 7 clear rounds for him. Lopez is delusional, somehow thinks he won it 10-2. And with comment he turned the entire crowd against him. Everyone knows who won, besides Lopez Jr and Lopez Sr apparently.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts