Smith gonna get flatlined, he suck
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: UFC Jacksonville - Glover vs Smith 

Post#2 » by REDDzone » Wed May 13, 2020 4:06 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Smith gonna get flatlined, he suck

I mean, on one hand he did beat up the golden boy Gus pretty good.

On the other hand, he almost lost to a burglar.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#3 » by Susan » Wed May 13, 2020 11:58 pm

REDDzone wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:Smith gonna get flatlined, he suck

I mean, on one hand he did beat up the golden boy Gus pretty good.

I think Gus was finished. Shogun is far from his prime and Rashad was WASHED when Anthony beat him. Think Glover still has tread on his tires.

He's gunna grind out that W.
Susan
RealGM

Post#4 » by Susan » Thu May 14, 2020 1:47 am

HardKnocks360 needs a grappling coach.
Susan
RealGM

Post#5 » by Susan » Thu May 14, 2020 2:02 am

Arlovski will never retire.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,933

Post#6 » by Jasen777 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:20 am

REDDzone wrote:I mean, on one hand he did beat up the golden boy Gus pretty good.

That Burglar is going to pop on the drug test though.
Susan
RealGM

Post#7 » by Susan » Thu May 14, 2020 4:23 am

Glover is never going away.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#8 » by Headliner » Thu May 14, 2020 10:36 am

Michael Johnson is now 3-8 in his last 11
He’s likely cut.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#9 » by Headliner » Thu May 14, 2020 10:39 am

Still can’t believe MJ has wins over Tony and Dustin.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#10 » by REDDzone » Thu May 14, 2020 1:46 pm

Headliner wrote:Still can’t believe MJ has wins over Tony and Dustin.

LOL yea, they kept calling it a heel hook but unless I just saw a completely wrong angle I think he just got tapped by a straight footlock. That...isn't a thing that happens very often, especially in high stakes like MMA.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#11 » by REDDzone » Thu May 14, 2020 1:47 pm

Have you guys ever seen that teen movie parody that has the fat highschool center get like 25 concussions in one game and the coach is yelling in his face to get out there and the players are literally holding him up just to keep getting hit by the end?

That was pretty much Anthony Smith and his corner last night. There was no outcome to that last round except him being beat into a living death, why let him go out there? Hell, at the absolute worst, throw in the towel once he got taken down, OR at leasttttttt when Glover immediately mounted. What was the point in letting him get pounded again? :noway:
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#12 » by REDDzone » Thu May 14, 2020 1:49 pm

At one point (paraphrasing), as Glover had Anthony in mount just destroying him:

Glover: Sorry, it's just part of the job.
Anthony: What?
Glover: This is part of the job.
Anthony: It is what it is, buddy.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#13 » by REDDzone » Thu May 14, 2020 3:20 pm

Sounds like Smith broke his nose, orbital and lost teeth (plural?) during the feet. Him to his corner..."my teeth are falling out", his corner "yea? Anthony, listen..."

This is unreal:

Read on Twitter
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#14 » by cowboyronnie » Thu May 14, 2020 11:43 pm

REDDzone wrote:Have you guys ever seen that teen movie parody that has the fat highschool center get like 25 concussions in one game and the coach is yelling in his face to get out there and the players are literally holding him up just to keep getting hit by the end?

That was pretty much Anthony Smith and his corner last night. There was no outcome to that last round except him being beat into a living death, why let him go out there? Hell, at the absolute worst, throw in the towel once he got taken down, OR at leasttttttt when Glover immediately mounted. What was the point in letting him get pounded again? :noway:

I've been ragging on Mark Montoya for years. He's the **** worst. This was the guy who let Thomas Gifford take the worst beating on modern UFC history, just a stomach-churning beatdown. Gifford still gets KOd flat in local shows to this day (Montoya in his corner).

And he's a terrible corner. They had nothing for Anthony in that Jones fight. He just gave him pep talks. Despite the fact that there were some clear things (like the fact he was not countering over JJ's jab at all) he could do to improve.

All he said between rounds of the Glover fight was stuff like, "OK, you've got 60 seconds to calm down".

The most upsetting thing, as DC pointed out, is that they got him into that mess last night. His corner was non-stop screaming at him for the entire first two rounds to throw like a madman. Then, once he got exhausted, they said, "OK, now start throwing at 70%". Too damn late; he had no ability to jab at that point, throwing a jab at 70% against a pedigreed boxer is useless. It's got to be crisp. And they just left him in there, after pushing him to exhaust himself, to get absolutely smashed on for 2+ more rounds. Christ.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#15 » by cowboyronnie » Thu May 14, 2020 11:45 pm

And it's not like Montoya can take credit for Smith's success. The guy has been stopped by strikes in like 4 of his last 8 fights and most of his wins involve him being near-KOd and then coming back once the other guy is exhausted. That's no credit to the coach.
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,313

Post#16 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Fri May 15, 2020 5:27 pm

Goodness gracious, was Anthony’s corner just going to let him die out there? Also, the ref could’ve stopped that fight in ROUND THREE! It didn’t need to go two extra rounds. After that initial uppercut in the third round by Glover, Smith never had it again. We’ve seen fights get stopped by far less, and much more controversially.

If you don’t have it and it’s not your night, live to fight another day. Anthony took what, an additional two or three dozen (if not more) punches, elbows and knees that he didn’t have to take.

Dominant fight by Glover though.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#17 » by REDDzone » Fri May 15, 2020 7:03 pm

You guys know I read too much into fighter psychology sometimes but it seems to me like Anthony was crying out to his corners for help when he's telling them that his teeth are falling out as they are coaching him. They didn't pick up on it at all, or didn't care at least.
Susan
RealGM

Post#18 » by Susan » Fri May 15, 2020 11:44 pm

REDDzone wrote:You guys know I read too much into fighter psychology sometimes but it seems to me like Anthony was crying out to his corners for help when he's telling them that his teeth are falling out as they are coaching him. They didn't pick up on it at all, or didn't care at least.

Luke Thomas had a good rant on this yesterday. It's going to take a death in the sport for corners to seriously consider throwing in the towel.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#19 » by REDDzone » Sat May 16, 2020 12:48 am

Susan wrote:
REDDzone wrote:You guys know I read too much into fighter psychology sometimes but it seems to me like Anthony was crying out to his corners for help when he's telling them that his teeth are falling out as they are coaching him. They didn't pick up on it at all, or didn't care at least.

Luke Thomas had a good rant on this yesterday. It's going to take a death in the sport for corners to seriously consider throwing in the towel.

Off topic but I'd rather get pounded Glover style than listen to Luke Thomas "rant" about anything.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,933

Post#20 » by Jasen777 » Sat May 16, 2020 3:52 am

Susan wrote:

It's a race to see if the UFC gets a death in the ring first or a death from weight cutting.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts