UFC 257: McNugget Vs Poirier + Hooker vs Chandler

Moderator: lilfishi22

GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Re: UFC 257: McNugget Vs Poirier + Hooker vs Chandler 

Post#41 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:44 am

Yeah good for Dustin. That was exciting good match but that calf kick was f*cking him up.

Now what's next for each of them?
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#42 » by Dupp » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:44 am

So good to see Dustin win. Dude needs some respect on his name.

Charles vs Dustin for the belt please
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#43 » by REDDzone » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:45 am

Jasen777 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:LOL. Conor isn't good at any weight but 145.

Think that's a bit much, but he best asset was definitely the ability to cut to 145.

Hi best asset (by far) is his ability to lose so much and still show up on p4p lists and still have people give a sh*t.

We will see how it plays out this time after getting finished once again.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 33,247

Post#44 » by Reeko » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:46 am

That's it for Conor as an elite fighter. Once I saw him try to fight in the pocket like a boxer, I knew it was a bad sign. What made him special was that in and out karate style where he was able to exploit guys as they were coming in.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,933

Post#45 » by Jasen777 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:46 am

REDDzone wrote:Hi best asset (by far) is his ability to lose so much and still show up on p4p lists and still have people give a sh*t.

Got me there.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#46 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:49 am

McGregor vs Chandler?
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#47 » by Reeko » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:50 am

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:McGregor vs Chandler?

Poirier vs Chandler.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#48 » by Susan » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:50 am

Conor isn't Conor without the mental warfare beforehand.

Rhonda used to win fights before they even happened as did Conor, now he's just another guy. Don't think he'll ever find that edge he once had. This game moves too fast.

Give him Masvidal and just let them talk.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#49 » by REDDzone » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:50 am

McGregor vs Tony.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,456

Post#50 » by SichtingLives » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:52 am

Reeko wrote:That's it for Conor as an elite fighter. Once I saw him try to fight in the pocket like a boxer, I knew it was a bad sign. What made him special was that in and out karate style where he was able to exploit guys as they were coming in.

this is who Conor is. he's dangerous af to anybody but he's got holes, always has and like he said he hasn't been in there enough to be elite level sharp
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#51 » by Reeko » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:58 am

SichtingLives wrote:
Reeko wrote:That's it for Conor as an elite fighter. Once I saw him try to fight in the pocket like a boxer, I knew it was a bad sign. What made him special was that in and out karate style where he was able to exploit guys as they were coming in.

this is who Conor is. he's dangerous af to anybody but he's got holes, always has and like he said he hasn't been in there enough to be elite level sharp

He's changed his fighting style is my point. Ever since he fought Mayweather, he's gone to a more boxing oriented style, hands high, hips square and a lot less bouncing in and out.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#52 » by Dupp » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:59 am

Dana white crying inside right now
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#53 » by REDDzone » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:01 am

The good news for Conor fans is that he will be headlining the prelims of a soon-to-be-announced ESPN+ card as opposed to a PPV next time.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#54 » by Dupp » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:02 am

Also **** chandler it’s charles’ time .

( I know ufc will most likely push chandler)
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,270

Post#55 » by clyde21 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:04 am

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:wtf is with these in person interviews with no masks on in the octagon!?!??!?!

Are we throwing out protocols !??!?!?!?!

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,270

Post#56 » by clyde21 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:06 am

love how ESPN's highlights of the fight is all McGregor hitting Dustin as if it's McGregor that won
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,456

Post#57 » by SichtingLives » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:15 am

Reeko wrote:
SichtingLives wrote:

He's changed his fighting style is my point. Ever since he fought Mayweather, he's gone to a more boxing oriented style, hands high, hips square and a lot less bouncing in and out.

its a fair point, its hard to say with his lack of octogon time but despite his versatility of strikes he's always relied on that left hand as his trump card and I don't doubt that mystique has built in his own mind since he went down the mayweather path. I always thought that even in loss getting in a ring with a goat level boxer is only going to bolster his confidence in his hands.

my ears were ringing when they kept playing the promo of him saying "you're going to see something you've never seen before". I really thought about that and it hit me the thing I'd never seen before is Conor getting slept and there it is
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#58 » by Reeko » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:23 am

SichtingLives wrote:
Reeko wrote:
SichtingLives wrote:

its a fair point, its hard to say with his lack of octogon time but despite his versatility of strikes he's always relied on that left hand as his trump card and I don't doubt that mystique has built in his own mind since he went down the mayweather path. I always thought that even in loss getting in a ring with a goat level boxer is only going to bolster his confidence in his hands.

my ears were ringing when they kept playing the promo of him saying "you're going to see something you've never seen before". I really thought about that and it hit me the thing I'd never seen before is Conor getting slept and there it is

Yep, I believe this is the first time he's been tko'd as a professional. When he was coming up as a Featherweight, he used to teep/front kick to the body all the time and would throw in round house kicks as well. Personally, I think he's done as an elite fighter. He should just retire and find other avenues like acting and/or promotion, whether that be with the UFC or his own company. Unlike 99% of MMA fighters he has the potential to have a better post fighting career than his fighting career, at least financially.
Susan
RealGM

Post#59 » by Susan » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:30 am

lmao Ilhan Omar just responded to my tweet about Dustin being a good dude. Pretty cool.
Susan
RealGM

Post#60 » by Susan » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:33 am

REDDzone wrote:

McGregor vs Tony.

I really think Masvidal is the big one. Tony looks washed but Masvidal could get the "old Conor" back to talking.

Conor was respectful to Cowboy but Cowboy is very washed at this point, he needs the talk and Masvidal is the best in the business at it right now.

Just let it be about talking ****, about money and that superficial stuff. Conor went over the edge with the Khabib fight and has walked himself backwards, but too far. He needs it to have an edge.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts