And1: 7,442

Post#1 » by Susan » Tue Jul 6, 2021 11:01 pm

Read on Twitter
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: 264 

Post#2 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Jul 6, 2021 11:41 pm

I will never be excited for a Poirier fight. Too ugly a style, too lacking in top tier skill at anything. I recognize that he gets a lot of Ws and is very nice.

Conor is comfortable losing.

It's just hard to see this as two behemoths colliding.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#3 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Jul 6, 2021 11:45 pm

The rest of the card makes this an all-time shallowest event.

Ryan Hall tho.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,047

Post#4 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Jul 7, 2021 12:55 am

I like Dustin but I don’t know the last time I picked him going into a fight. And after every fight I tell myself that will be the last time I do that.

So I’m going with Dustin in this one. I’m too lazy to look, but I honestly have zero clue who else is fighting on this card.

Amazing how lazy the UFC has gotten when Conor is on a card.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#5 » by Dupp » Wed Jul 7, 2021 10:01 am

Wonderboy and burns is interesting to me. Also will like seeing dustin knock out nugget again. sugar is also fun even though hes fighting no one.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#6 » by REDDzone » Wed Jul 7, 2021 1:15 pm

I think Dustin finishes him early again.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#7 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Jul 7, 2021 11:23 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:I like Dustin but I don’t know the last time I picked him going into a fight. And after every fight I tell myself that will be the last time I do that.

So I’m going with Dustin in this one. I’m too lazy to look, but I honestly have zero clue who else is fighting on this card.

Amazing how lazy the UFC has gotten when Conor is on a card.

Dustin Poirier -125 vs. Conor McGregor +105, lightweight.
Stephen Thompson -165 vs. Gilbert Burns +140, welterweight.
Tai Tuivasa -135 vs. Greg Hardy +115, heavyweight.
Irene Aldana -120 vs. Thiago Santos' GF
Sean O'Malley -800 vs. some guy on 1-week notice w/ 0 fights

This is seriously the main card.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,933

Post#8 » by Jasen777 » Thu Jul 8, 2021 12:47 am

They've really pushed Hardy.
Susan
RealGM

Post#9 » by Susan » Thu Jul 8, 2021 4:22 am

Thompson/Burns is a great fight.

Conor so obviously lacks any drive to reach his previous heights. DP took his beating from Khabib and is still striving - him vs Oliveria is a great fight, let Justin maul Conor and off into the sunset he goes.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#10 » by Dupp » Thu Jul 8, 2021 5:43 am

Winner of Conor and Dustin 100% getting the best title fight says Dana.

No surprise but big rip to gaethje. Dude hasn’t even been mentioned since he’s complained about the ufc a bit. Guess he’ll fight chandler but he’s been rip for a while and he’s one of the more exciting fighters there is
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#11 » by RamonSessions7 » Thu Jul 8, 2021 10:22 am

Dupp wrote:Wonderboy and burns is interesting to me. Also will like seeing dustin knock out nugget again. sugar is also fun even though hes fighting no one.

Yeah the high rankings aren’t there so much for this card as is par for the course with Conor cards, but the fights mentioned are interesting enough and the prelims are decent with niko price v backflip guy, condit, and hall v topuria.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#12 » by Headliner » Thu Jul 8, 2021 10:25 pm

Dupp wrote:Winner of Conor and Dustin 100% getting the best title fight says Dana.

No surprise but big rip to gaethje. Dude hasn’t even been mentioned since he’s complained about the ufc a bit. Guess he’ll fight chandler but he’s been rip for a while and he’s one of the more exciting fighters there is

Justin just isn’t business smart.
He’s talked openly about not wanting a long career - red flag to your employers. They will look to give opportunities to longer term investments.

You get mauled in a title fight, then go on to rip your employer in the media…who has full control of your career.

Like he’s done nothing to help himself with except have an exciting style. I like Justin, just didn’t play his cards well imo.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#13 » by Dupp » Fri Jul 9, 2021 9:22 am

I was wondering why all the fighters did their own personal interviews yesterday but i guess conor and dustin just have their own personal press conference..
Dupp
RealGM

Post#14 » by Dupp » Fri Jul 9, 2021 11:42 am

That thing was pretty bad. The questions were as low tier as it gets.
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,456

Post#15 » by SichtingLives » Fri Jul 9, 2021 6:39 pm

Susan wrote:Thompson/Burns is a great fight.

Conor so obviously lacks any drive to reach his previous heights. DP took his beating from Khabib and is still striving - him vs Oliveria is a great fight, let Justin maul Conor and off into the sunset he goes.

The UFC has always been terrified of the optics of Justin obliterating Conor. Every fight they make for him (or won't make) is an effort to protect his image and shield him from getting exposed, it just gets increasingly harder to do once they've insisted he's an elite fighter. Conors actually the one who screwed up by engaging in that charity thing with Dustin, I doubt the UFC makes that fight if Conor doesn't inadvertently set it up. Now he has to actually earn his way to a title by beating two top three guys. It will finally be earned if he can pull it off. Which he won't. otoh they've been waiting patiently to cash out on Conor Nate 3 once they are both washed and with Conor teasing it in the presser i think thats a set-up for whats next.

I'm still giving Conor the punchers chance tomorrow but I think he's already mentally defeated. I actually think Conors best shot to win is to fight conservatively, keep range, look for counters and somehow not burn out his gas tank by the 2nd round cuz if he gets tired Dustin is gonna press his ass to the grates and fry him like a t-bone steak again
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
Susan
RealGM

Post#16 » by Susan » Fri Jul 9, 2021 9:14 pm

Conor truly attracts the worst people these days. Dustin got him pretty good in the presser when he said he used to be better at this and that he knocked him out + Mac Sleep.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#17 » by Dupp » Fri Jul 9, 2021 9:21 pm

SichtingLives wrote:
Susan wrote:Thompson/Burns is a great fight.

The UFC has always been terrified of the optics of Justin obliterating Conor. Every fight they make for him (or won't make) is an effort to protect his image and shield him from getting exposed, it just gets increasingly harder to do once they've insisted he's an elite fighter. Conors actually the one who screwed up by engaging in that charity thing with Dustin, I doubt the UFC makes that fight if Conor doesn't inadvertently set it up. Now he has to actually earn his way to a title by beating two top three guys. It will finally be earned if he can pull it off. Which he won't. otoh they've been waiting patiently to cash out on Conor Nate 3 once they are both washed and with Conor teasing it in the presser i think thats a set-up for whats next.

I'm still giving Conor the punchers chance tomorrow but I think he's already mentally defeated. I actually think Conors best shot to win is to fight conservatively, keep range, look for counters and somehow not burn out his gas tank by the 2nd round cuz if he gets tired Dustin is gonna press his ass to the grates and fry him like a t-bone steak again

He only has to beat one top 3 guy to get a title shot. Winner of this fight fights for title.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#18 » by Dupp » Fri Jul 9, 2021 9:37 pm

Susan wrote:Conor truly attracts the worst people these days. Dustin got him pretty good in the presser when he said he used to be better at this and that he knocked him out + Mac Sleep.

All their lines were pretty trash, even the Mac Sleep one but that actually shut Conor up like when Eddie said the welfare comment.

Dude in the pink suit had way better trash talk than both. Still stupid for a “media” guy to just start trashing Conor. Then you got guys asking “when will you be a billionaire?” Who the **** cares.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#19 » by Dupp » Fri Jul 9, 2021 9:52 pm

Susan
RealGM

Post#20 » by Susan » Fri Jul 9, 2021 10:00 pm

Dupp wrote:
Susan wrote:Conor truly attracts the worst people these days. Dustin got him pretty good in the presser when he said he used to be better at this and that he knocked him out + Mac Sleep.

All their lines were pretty trash, even the Mac Sleep one but that actually shut Conor up like when Eddie said the welfare comment.

Dude in the pink suit had way better trash talk than both. Still stupid for a “media” guy to just start trashing Conor. Then you got guys asking “when will you be a billionaire?” Who the **** cares.

Dustin wasn't trying hard IMO, he was legit being himself.

He said he has a healthy fear of everybody in there, he respects Conor as a fighter, called him out for being lame with his trash talk (the act is old and tired), said he's matured since the first fight, didn't take the bait or get upset when Conor basically called his wife ugly.

DP can't just sit back and take everything Conor is saying like a punk but he was in the right frame of mind for all of this.

Conor fights Nate and then Masvidal in nothing but money fights before he rides off into the sunset. He'll probably pull a Floyd and do freakshow fights to keep money coming in because that's all that matters to him.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts