UFC 265 Gane vs Lewis

Moderator: lilfishi22

Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Re: UFC 265 Gane vs Lewis 

Post#21 » by Dupp » Sun Aug 8, 2021 8:21 pm

Why doesn’t aldo kick anymore? Use to be a savage with leg kicks. I’ve read something about a motorcycle accident I dunno if that’s true.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#22 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Aug 8, 2021 9:35 pm

Dupp wrote:Why doesn’t aldo kick anymore? Use to be a savage with leg kicks. I’ve read something about a motorcycle accident I dunno if that’s true.

he threw a couple in the third round. but those are the first since, like, he fought Faber in WEC.

there's definitely soemthign wrong with him medically.

all the more impressive that the guy is still a beast 10+ years after his initial prime...as an ex-soccer player and muay thai fighter who can't throw kicks.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#23 » by Dupp » Sun Aug 8, 2021 9:43 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
Dupp wrote:Why doesn’t aldo kick anymore? Use to be a savage with leg kicks. I’ve read something about a motorcycle accident I dunno if that’s true.

he threw a couple in the third round. but those are the first since, like, he fought Faber in WEC.

all the more impressive that the guy is still a beast 10+ years after his initial prime...as an ex-soccer player and muay thai fighter who can't throw kicks.

Even when he does kick now you can see how much it hurts his opponents. His kicks are absolutely brutal. Shame we don’t see it much anymore for whatever reason. He’d be that much better.

That Fabre fight was so brutal. Aldo kicked the **** out of him.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#24 » by Susan » Mon Aug 9, 2021 1:46 am

Dupp wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:

Even when he does kick now you can see how much it hurts his opponents. His kicks are absolutely brutal. Shame we don’t see it much anymore for whatever reason. He’d be that much better.

That Fabre fight was so brutal. Aldo kicked the **** out of him.

Overuse, he used them so much that he could have hurt himself while doing it and it never healed correctly so he uses it very sparingly.

I tore ligaments in my wrist and had a damn good Ezekiel choke. After I healed back up (never got surgery, just let it heal) I tried it a few times and knew my wrist would never be the same and I ran the risk of destroying my wrist much much more if I did it regularly. You can do it still, with the hands switched but the setup is different and you're not nearly as potent with it. He def didn't have adequate healthcare early on in his career and was pretty broke well into his UFC run.

Dude is tough as nails.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#25 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:01 pm

It's pretty crazy how much this fight worked in the UFC's/Dana's favor and against Jon Jones. Gane is a now an exciting, legitimate contender with a couple distinct storylines and connections to Ngannou (once training partners, 'unifying the belts', and awesome technical match-up). There is now no push whatsoever to get Jones in there, he's lost a massive amount of leverage.

Horseshoes up Dana's ass.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#26 » by REDDzone » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:21 pm

Is fighting even on Jones radar atm? I feel like I haven't even heard his name spoken lately although admittedly I don't consume nearly as much mma content as I once did.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,180
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

UFC 265 Gane vs Lewis 

Post#27 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:39 am

Whenever it seems like the well is dry, a story and star always creates itself out of nowhere.

When Francis first won the title, it was “who is even there left to even challenge him?”

That was like 6 months ago? Francis hasn’t fought since then, and would have opened as a favorite over an undefeated Jones, now I think Gane might open as a betting favorite.

Top of heavyweight is as scary as its ever been.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts