UFC 281 Adesanya vs Perreira

Moderator: lilfishi22

TheWitcher
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,195

UFC 281 Adesanya vs Perreira 

Post#1 » by TheWitcher » Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:49 pm

This card is great,

Adesanya vs Perreira - What an intense rivalry match. Alex is NO joke, Glory kickboxing champ champ, beat on Izzy two times. But this is MMA, and I do believe Izzy’s striking style, and movement is built for this sport. Super excited, Alex actually looks like he would have no issue cutting out your heart and eating it raw. There’s intensity behind this fight, I feel like Alex truly thinks Izzy is his b*tch; and of course Izzy has a problem with that, and wants to make a statement. Excited on the outcome whichever way it goes. If I was a betting man, I got Izzy. But will not be surprised if Alex knocks him out.

Zhang vs Esparza: Honestly not super excited for this one, I blame Rose for having the most boring fight ever with Esparza. Hoping Weili gets her title back and brings excitement back to that division.

Poirier vs Chandler: This is a banger, both these guys like having “JUST BLEED” wars. I think Chandler is actually going to try and wrestle with Poirier though. I still got Dustin winning by KO. Another one where I wouldn’t be mad on who wins. I kind of want Chandler to win though, he’s entertaining.

There are some other sleepers on this card that I’m looking forward to watching as well.

Who you guys got?
Cubbies2120
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Re: OT: UFC 281 Adesanya vs Perreira 

Post#2 » by Cubbies2120 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:00 pm

For bets I'm taking Moicano, Gutierrez, Reyes, Esparza, Chandler, Izzy

Moicano can take an absolute beating
I think it's a shame they're matching up Frankie on his retirement fight with a guy that he probably doesn't have a chance against
I think Reyes's time off will have let his 'chin' recover after the couple brutal knockouts he suffered after the Jones fight. Ring rust can be real though but I think he stops the losing streak here
Esparza is getting slept on due to what was one of the worst fights in WMMA history in her last title fight, I think she can wrestle her way to a decision
I'm taking Chandler because I think it's a lot closer to a 50/50 than the books do, so I'm taking the one that's at almost +200. If the prices were reversed I'd be backing Poirier for the value.
A lot is being made about Izzy's losses over half a decade ago, he's evolved as a fighter and was on the verge of becoming double champ before the 5th round takedown against Jan. He doesn't have to worry about that vs. Perreira. I actually think we see an Izzy counter KO, but taking the moneyline to be safe

Threw $100 to win $5800 on the parlay above ^
Joker
RealGM
And1: 7,269

Post#3 » by Joker » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:06 pm

MMA math says oliveira and gaethje got the best of Chandler on the feet, and poirier got the best of Gaethje and oliveira on the feet. Poirier’s arguably been the best striker in the division for the past 4 years, he just can’t deal with elite grappling, which I don’t expect Chandler to employ effectively.

Just feel like poirier’s boxing is too slick for Chandler, who leaves himself too open. Chandler could catch him early - although even Conor couldn’t catch poirier early in their last two fights - but if it goes to 3 rounds I expect poirier to be looking better by the end. Just sad it’s not 5 rounds.
JB2
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,115

Post#4 » by JB2 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:17 pm

One of the better cards in a while. Big fan of Izzy but Alex is a terrifying man. Will be interesting to see Izzy in a fight where someone is going to actually come forward bc every time that happens (Kelvin, Whitaker, Costa) it's a fun/legendary fight. Alex will 1000% come forward and put thee pressure which is very Izzy excels in his counters and traps he sets up. Hard to predict but I will go Izzy and that's what I want to happen. People don't talk him enough in the GOAT convo. Dude has owned that division with having run through murderers row of opponents- Brunson, Silva, Whitaker (twice, Vittori (twice), Costa, Gastelum, Cannonier, Romero, and now Alex. This fight would cement his legacy has maybe thee best ever 185er.

Zang will absolutely demolish Esparza imo.

Chandler vs Porrier will be an insane insane fight. IMO Chanlder is the most exciting guy on the roster and he poses major problems for Dustin if he mixes in his wrestling effectively. If he stands and tries to box Porrier, it's get outclassed. He's gotta make it a brawl of sorts with wrestling threats and take downs to get Dustin's attention. I'd put money on Dustin but very much rooting of MC.
Roy T
Pro Prospect
And1: 910

Post#5 » by Roy T » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:21 pm

I hope Zhang finishes Esparza. The "fight" against Rose killed my interest in UFC for a long time
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,785

Post#6 » by VanWest82 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:25 pm

Interesting how close the betting odds are in the main. Perreira is no joke. Hopefully, Izzy doesn't make this one another defensive lamefest though he might not have a choice on that front.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,341

Post#7 » by Tor_Raps » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:12 pm

VanWest82 wrote:Interesting how close the betting odds are in the main. Perreira is no joke. Hopefully, Izzy doesn't make this one another defensive lamefest though he might not have a choice on that front.

I thought the odds for the main were crazy close too. I've never actually seen Periera fight but heard about his past fights against Adesanya. Even still, that was so long ago and Adesanya isn't the same guy.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,091

Post#8 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:16 pm

Super deep card. Even the prelims and early prelims got some bangers.
Reyes vs. Spann is gonna be a banger. So is Riddell vs. Moicano. But a sleeper banger is Ottman vs. Frevola... that's gonna be fireworks. I got Reyes, Riddell, Ottman in those respective bouts - all via finish.

Main card is super fun too, not as top heavy as UFC 280 but still a great main card. I got Alex, Zhang, & Poirier in the main 3 fights.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
j_n
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,684

Post#9 » by j_n » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:46 pm

Joker wrote:MMA math says oliveira and gaethje got the best of Chandler on the feet, and poirier got the best of Gaethje and oliveira on the feet. Poirier’s arguably been the best striker in the division for the past 4 years, he just can’t deal with elite grappling, which I don’t expect Chandler to employ effectively.

Just feel like poirier’s boxing is too slick for Chandler, who leaves himself too open. Chandler could catch him early - although even Conor couldn’t catch poirier early in their last two fights - but if it goes to 3 rounds I expect poirier to be looking better by the end. Just sad it’s not 5 rounds.

Dustin was on his feet when he was finished by Charles, and while he did knock Justin out I wouldn't bet on him to do it again if they rematched. Chandler can finish anyone in the division with a single strike, should be a great fight.

I'm hoping Chandler wins because I think he has the better shot against Islam, though honestly the next shot should be given to Beneil Dariush.

As far as the main event, I wonder if Izzy tries to grapple, it should be his biggest advantage against Parreira.
FeatheryTouch
Senior
And1: 664

Post#10 » by FeatheryTouch » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:02 pm

Predictions:

Adesanya by decision - I struggled with this pick, Pereira is a bad MFer and a live dog with one-punch knockout power. I'm really hoping he can draw Izzy into an actual firefight, but Izzy has a substantial experience edge and the more likely outcome is another boring/safe/technical Adesanya win. Wildcard - we might see Izzy wrestle a bit!

Zhang by 2nd round TKO - Carla has a shot if she can turn it into a wrestling match, but Zhang is a next-level female athlete with power and is a much more dangerous standup fighter.

Poirier by 3rd round TKO - Wouldn't be surprised if Chandler wins either, it's pretty much a tossup fight in my mind...this should be a back-and-forth, all action banger. Poirier is the better boxer/technician, Chandler is the better wrestler and athlete. Both guys will have their moments and chances to finish.

Guttierez - Thanks for the memories Frankie...

Hooker - He badly needs a win to stay relevant, I think he gets it.

Best card in a while, I'm fired up.
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,470

Post#11 » by D.Brasco » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:05 pm

Scary man.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,785

Post#12 » by VanWest82 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:24 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:Interesting how close the betting odds are in the main. Perreira is no joke. Hopefully, Izzy doesn't make this one another defensive lamefest though he might not have a choice on that front.

I thought the odds for the main were crazy close too. I've never actually seen Periera fight but heard about his past fights against Adesanya. Even still, that was so long ago and Adesanya isn't the same guy.

Periera has crazy power for 185. It's really too bad he waited so long to get into MMA.

It's not a great match up for Izzy. Someone like Romero would've given Periera problems because he'd just get him off his feet. But Izzy wants to kickbox and counter-strike which is also what Periera wants to do. Izzy will win most of the fight because he's such an unbelieveable striker but all it takes is one shot with this guy.
Kingdibs19
Starter
And1: 3,681

Post#13 » by Kingdibs19 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:26 pm

Thanks for not putting the result to the fight in the title like the last guy did. I can’t still can’t believe the mods let that go, deserves an instant ban IMO.
KembaWalker wrote:If you think you need a gun to answer the door, you probably shouldn’t answer the door. Call the police

Re: innocent ex military Roger Fortson gunned down by police at his own house
Ugalde
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,260

Post#14 » by Ugalde » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:40 pm

izzy fights are so boring though.

i remember when izzy was a young guy i kept saying he was going to be the next silva before anyone even noticed him.

when they put him against silva i loved it. felt like a passing of the torch that i saw before anyone else.

only time i’ve ever been able to predict anything in any sport except football. i don’t think i’ve ever gotten one right in basketball lol. maybe one of two ufc guys i’ve predicted right.

now he’s so boring to me though.
politics
to many 3s
peZt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,648

Post#15 » by peZt » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:47 pm

Ugalde wrote:izzy fights are so boring though.

i remember when izzy was a young guy i kept saying he was going to be the next silva before anyone even noticed him.

when they put him against silva i loved it. felt like a passing of the torch that i saw before anyone else.

only time i’ve ever been able to predict anything in any sport except football. i don’t think i’ve ever gotten one right in basketball lol. maybe one of two ufc guys i’ve predicted right.

All I want is Khamzat moving to 185 and wrestle **** Izzy. Izzy is an incredible fighter, but MW is full of guys who are a great matchup for him. He outstrikes anyone and just needs to have some passable takedown defense.
Fighting against a true wrestler might force Izzy to actually try to do some offense
TheWitcher
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,195

Post#16 » by TheWitcher » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:49 am

Erin Blanchfield! WOW

She dusted her shoulders off…
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,436

Post#17 » by brutalitops » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:53 am

Styles make fights, He's the best counter-puncher in the game, Only guy who's put the challenge in is Rob, Jan was just too powerful and stron for Izzy to defend the take-down

Reckon this will be a good fight, But Izzy has the issue is nobody is aggressive against him and its such a wide berth between him and Rob and....anyone else.
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,436

Post#18 » by brutalitops » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:55 am

Roy T wrote:I hope Zhang finishes Esparza. The "fight" against Rose killed my interest in UFC for a long time

Rose's corner was a **** idiot, No offense, just stuffed most of Esparza's challenges, Only bothered winning the last round. Nothing fight but she deserved to lose her title if she isnt going to fight
Ugalde
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,260

Post#19 » by Ugalde » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:24 am

brutalitops wrote:

Styles make fights, He's the best counter-puncher in the game, Only guy who's put the challenge in is Rob, Jan was just too powerful and stron for Izzy to defend the take-down

Reckon this will be a good fight, But Izzy has the issue is nobody is aggressive against him and its such a wide berth between him and Rob and....anyone else.

yea not izzy’s fault. he’s just boring
politics
to many 3s
BoatsNZones
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,291

Post#20 » by BoatsNZones » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:34 am

Kingdibs19 wrote:Thanks for not putting the result to the fight in the title like the last guy did. I can’t still can’t believe the mods let that go, deserves an instant ban IMO.

To be fair, that would be impossible.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts