Rey Mysterio = Dink

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Lawrey12
Ballboy
And1: 5

Rey Mysterio = Dink 

Post#1 » by Lawrey12 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:54 am

I bet Mysterio ends up in AEW next year after his Dink mask at Survivor Series.

This gimmick has to be a slap in the face to a 25-year veteran who has given everything to a company that undervalued him until he was brought in as a piece of the company they acquired.

Despite the 30-seconds worth of handicap 2v1 where the Mysterio family got some pop this was a squash match with a dwarf clown gimmick. It certainly doesn’t count as a babyface comeback when there’s a numbers advantage but that’s what was booked here.

Don’t get me wrong, I believe Brock Lesnar has a lot of value in a WWE ring. But from the beginning, this match screamed of a job and no surprises were given.

The issue for WWE is the fact that Rey signed a short extension to his contract which is up in a years time should he choose to exercise his release clause.

I, for one, will be hoping to see a Mysterio, Lucha Bros vs The Elite feud this time next year.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Re: Rey Mysterio = Dink 

Post#2 » by WRau1 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:38 pm

I'm not sure Rey is going anywhere when his son starts training at the PC in 2020. Rey said he's thrilled to get a chance to work with his kid, he's probably going to be around WWE for a long time.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#3 » by Spens1 » Sun Dec 1, 2019 11:40 am

Yeah Rey seems to be going to staying, though i'd love for him to go to AEW (or just freelance everywhere, AAA + CMLL + AEW, New Japan and even the odd WWE appearance would be great for him and vets like him), at least he's been used well (for now) cause Mysterio is an all time favourite of mine.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,249

Post#4 » by LLJ » Sun Dec 1, 2019 7:10 pm

For the most part, Rey is the only guy in the WWE right now whose booking is about the same as it was back in the early to mid 2000s. Which is to say, 50/50 booking where everyone in the company is an underdog now is exactly in Rey's wheelhouse.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,585

Post#5 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Dec 2, 2019 6:20 pm

Not sure why they dressed him as a clown, but it was probably either his idea or he signed off on it. I would like to see him finally turn heel with evil Lucha House Party faction

Return to Pro Wrestling