Post#2 » by JohnPferdelack » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:42 pm

Road to Survivor Series tonight?
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,324

Re: WWE Hell in a Cell Discussion 

Post#3 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:16 am

All I can say is wow.

What an unbelievable match. I can’t help but question wwe for kicking the show off with that. Zero chance the rest of the show doesn’t fall flat now. This angle is as good as...just about anything I’ve seen in wrestling.

No doubt in my mind now that they’ve secured Rock for WM this year as I can’t see any other match headlining and any other way for this story to climax. The clock is ticking on Rock as an in ring guy even for spot appearances. I can’t imagine he wants to have his career ending match be a 5 second squash of Erick Rowan. :)

Rock is old school. Can’t think of a better way for him to end his career than getting decimated by Reigns and launching Roman into the stratosphere.

Also, I don’t want to gloss over the efforts of Jey Uso. Obviously the goal here is to build Roman but Jey has done incredible work here and has elevated himself despite two beatings. Perfect example of why any legend of wrestling will tell you it’s not about who goes over, it’s about who gets over. Bittersweet that this angle couldn’t have been done with a crowd.
Do it for Chuck
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#4 » by JohnPferdelack » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:26 am

Tucker is now a heel!
Vince wants to split the next tagteam -.-
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,082

Post#5 » by Dominator83 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:01 am

The retribution thing is brutal. Anybody on this forum could have booked that angle 10x better and not make them look like stooges.

Other than that and the piss break that was Elias/Hardy, the other 4 matches delivered and lived up to the build.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#6 » by The_Brecht » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:36 am

Great banner in the opening post!

What a ppv! They almost salvaged the horror they had with this stipulation the last couple of years.
The order of the matches was a little suspect imo. I would've started with Bayley vs Sasha, booked Randy vs Drew as the filler in between, to end with Roman vs Jey.

It's insane what they've done with the Universal Championship in a couple of months. Form disasters like Goldberg, Strowman, a swamp match, ... to this. Roman finally looks like the face of the company. I hope this win makes him change his entrance music. That would be the final touch.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#7 » by JohnPferdelack » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:49 pm

Dominater wrote:The retribution thing is brutal. Anybody on this forum could have booked that angle 10x better and not make them look like stooges.

I think this retribution storyline won't last long...
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#8 » by tugs » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:49 pm

Guys I was at the verge of tearing up while Jimmy was reaching for Jey that was something else
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#9 » by iMoreland » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:50 pm

Miz originally cashed in MITB on November 22nd 2010. Survivor Series this year is on November 22nd 2020. Hmmm.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#10 » by improper » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:58 pm

The fact that Roman is so obviously good at playing a heel makes the fact that they tried to ram him down our throats as the worst face ever for over five goddamn years even more offensive.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,017

Post#11 » by Stanford » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:51 am

improper wrote:The fact that Roman is so obviously good at playing a heel makes the fact that they tried to ram him down our throats as the worst face ever for over five goddamn years even more offensive.

True, but the exercise of trying to ram him down our throats as the worst face ever for five goddamn years makes him an even better heel.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by improper » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:29 pm

Stanford wrote:True, but the exercise of trying to ram him down our throats as the worst face ever for five goddamn years makes him an even better heel.

I think the fact that is basically killed the overall WWE product for five years and ruined several Mania main events counteracts any benefit, especially since they finally turned him when there aren't even fans in the crowd.

They could have done this four years ago and it would have been equally effective, only we wouldn't have wasted half a decade of Reigns' career and the rest of our time.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,017

Post#13 » by Stanford » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:32 pm

improper wrote:I think the fact that is basically killed the overall WWE product for five years

Lol jesus christ dude
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#14 » by Ruzious » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:21 pm

2 years and 5 days ago, it was announced that Reigns had leukemia. At that point, it made no sense to turn him heel. I guess turning him heel automatically means that he's no longer shoved down our throats - even though he's being booked as strong as he ever was? :clown:
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by improper » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:15 pm

Stanford wrote:Lol jesus christ dude

I mean, I don't think it's that much of an overreaction. So much time was spent trying to get Roman over at the expense of basically everyone else and about the only guy who came out of a feud with Roman better than he went in was Strowman, and that was solely because people loved watching him destroy Reigns in creative ways.

Ruzious wrote:2 years and 5 days ago, it was announced that Reigns had leukemia. At that point, it made no sense to turn him heel. I guess turning him heel automatically means that he's no longer shoved down our throats - even though he's being booked as strong as he ever was? :clown:

Jesus has it been that long already? I guess it was more like seven or eight years ago until the leukemia announcement, then.

And yeah, a heel who is getting properly booed is just different than a face who is getting booed mercilessly and pushed anyway. The former works. The latter does not.

Return to Pro Wrestling