WWE Money in the Bank Discussion

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

WWE Money in the Bank Discussion 

Post#1 » by iMoreland » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:07 pm

Men's Money in the Bank Ladder Match

Big E vs Drew McIntyre vs John Morrison vs Kevin Owens vs Matt Riddle vs Ricochet vs Seth Rollins vs Shinsuke Nakamura

Women's Money in the Bank Ladder Match

Alexa Bliss vs Asuka vs Liv Morgan vs Naomi vs Natalya vs Nikki Cross vs Tamina vs Zelina Vega

Raw Tag Team Championship Match

AJ Styles & Omos (c) vs The Viking Raiders

Raw Women's Championship Match

Rhea Ripley (c) vs Charlotte Flair

WWE Championship Match

Bobby Lashley (c) vs Kofi Kingston

Universal Championship Match

Roman Reigns (c) vs Edge
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Re: WWE Money in the Bank Discussion 

Post#2 » by iMoreland » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:04 pm

Imagine Kofi beats Lashley then Big E cashes in immediately on Kofi. Would be one of the greatest heel turns ever.
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,313

Post#3 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:33 am

Ehh, not really a fan of Nikki winning the MITB. Similar feeling as when Otis won it a year ago — why go with her when there was some real, viable (and over) talent in the match? Liv Morgan and Bliss — but especially Morgan, seemed to be over with the crowd and obviously in more of a position to be a serious champion.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#4 » by WRau1 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:47 am

That hurricanrana that Styles just pulled off was pretty awesome in real-time.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Knightfall
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,070

Post#5 » by Knightfall » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:07 am

Solid ppv so far
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,764

Post#6 » by spykelee » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:12 am

It is so great to see fans back, god I missed wrestling
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:52 am

Anyone else’s broadcast/stream messing up pretty bad ?
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by spykelee » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:23 am

Ohhh a Cena sighting, that was a great ending. Wish he took the mic a bit but hopefully this is setting the stage for something between him and Roman moving forward. Nice PPV, I loved it. You could see all the guys were just hyped up beyond belief. A lot of great moments.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,324

Post#9 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:23 am

One of the best shows in a long long time.

That Rhea/Charlotte match is a prime example of why watching wrestling is worth sifting through the 99% crap. Master class. Both MITB matches delivered and in my eyes a 5 star main event capped with Cena’s return.

Goosebumps moment with his music hitting and that pop. If this is Cena’s last run I’m glad it will be with the crowd behind him. I believe him to be the best to ever do it and he deserves the adoration.
Do it for Chuck
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,186

Post#10 » by heatwillbeback » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:25 am

See spoiler. Don’t want to mess up anything for those who haven’t watched.

Spoiler:
I am not Cena’s biggest fan but god am I happy he is back. He is exactly what WWE needs at the moment, especially with the fans back at buildings.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#11 » by WRau1 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:10 am

Great show.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#12 » by tugs » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:56 am

Great we didn't have a KIA for this completely forgot again! And I only managed to guess 3 matches correctly lol

Just watched and man, for me this was a completely entertaining PPV. Can't even rank as each match has their own merits. Maybe I'll nitpick instead:

Tag Team Championship - end the preshow already, these guys deserve to he part of the program. Preshow waters it down for some reason

Women's MITB - man, every participant had their moments so kudos to them. My only gripe would be if there was someone who could've stopped most of the attempts, I would've preferred Liv instead of Nattie so we can add more to our growing sympathy towards her when she failed. And not sure where they're taking this Nikki ASH character but I'm intrigued

WWE Championship - reminiscent of Kofi-Brock but I get what they did here. A bit more offense at the beginning, say one Trouble in Paradise, could've built Lashley more as a monster

Raw Women's Championship - how much do they love Charlotte that they had the champion Rhea come in first? Quality match still and great storytelling. Rhea is one hell of a seller

Men's MITB - the drip argument was hilarious, thought it'll lead to something. Wished Nakamura had his spotlight though, he's the only one without a memorable sequence. Unless WWE thought it was his entrance and the segment with Riddle and Boogs. I feel Big E winning sets up his transfer to RAW to avenge his brothers and challenge Lashley

Universal Championship - wouldn't say a classic but the psychology was up there with the greats. Physical and methodical, props to Edge and Reigns, but the Rollins run in took too long, didn't make sense for the referee to show up so late. Great follow up feud with Edge and Rollins, ending Edge's hunt for the title. For now

Cena appearance I don't know. Unless Roman destroys him I guess. Kinda wished he entered in another run in costing a face. Would've been perfect time to turn him heel but I know wishful thinking. Not at this stage
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by spykelee » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:00 pm

I agree on Liv tugs. It would have been nice to see her come closer and be a bit more featured. they've done a good job with that sympathetic storyline and She's turning into a pretty decent performer. Nikki... I don't get that one. Why didn't she just stay as sanity Nikki? That was perfect for her

Good call on Big E avenging his brothers..for sure that's what's gonna happen, right Vince? I mean it writes Itself

I like edge and roman, a few too many close finishes I'd say but otherwise, great psychology as you said. The second Rollins attack was pretty ridiculous but sure, setup the next feud, I just think that match deserved a better ending

Seeing Cena back at the end was a goose bumps moment for me. It was a big show and it was good to see him back

Sent from my SM-N975W using RealGM mobile app
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:31 pm

Great show last night, top to bottom. Love Edge and Rollins feuding. Cena returning is huge. Lashley dominating Kofi was the right way to go and leads perfectly into a feud with Big E (assuming that’s the route they go).

I marvel at the overall presentation that WWE is able to deliver.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#15 » by Scott Hall » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:29 pm

I've gotta admit as a Cena critic for most of his tenure (except for his last 5 years I give him credit for growing
as a performer in the ring) that was one of the loudest pops of all time.

I was thinking where Texas crowds rank as loudest/best fans in the world I think historically they can be hit or miss
and they do have the quietest fans in the world in their state in Corpus Christie. But I think Houston has been good
over the years and that Fort Worth crowd was great last night.

I don't know who's gonna be writing the promos for the Cena vs. Reigns feud but they gotta have something like where
Reigns tells Cena to acknowledge him as the new head of the table and Cena balks at that and then Reigns tells
Cena to acknowledge Taiwan as a country lol I always love the little digs and cheap shots in the promo battles.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#16 » by tugs » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:00 am

spykelee wrote:I agree on Liv tugs. It would have been nice to see her come closer and be a bit more featured. they've done a good job with that sympathetic storyline and She's turning into a pretty decent performer. Nikki... I don't get that one. Why didn't she just stay as sanity Nikki? That was perfect for her

Good call on Big E avenging his brothers..for sure that's what's gonna happen, right Vince? I mean it writes Itself

I like edge and roman, a few too many close finishes I'd say but otherwise, great psychology as you said. The second Rollins attack was pretty ridiculous but sure, setup the next feud, I just think that match deserved a better ending

Seeing Cena back at the end was a goose bumps moment for me. It was a big show and it was good to see him back

Sent from my SM-N975W using RealGM mobile app
Haha thanks. Not gonna take credit on that Big E scenario though, I've read rumors that E will be traded to Raw for weeks now. Forgot where I seen that.

Kind of wished I didn't see the Cena spoiler in the YT thumb I watched but yeah, seeing him back is great. I'd want a part 2 of that roasting but this time, Cena on the receiving end.

Return to Pro Wrestling