Dark Side of the Ring

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,570

Re: Dark Side of the Ring 

Post#61 » by Pharaoh » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:48 pm

It left a lot out tbh

Dustin trying to bang a hostess? Not mentioned.

Vince & Angle wrestling each other? Not mentioned. Taker waking up from a booze (&/or pill) coma to break it up then passing out again? Not mentioned.

The episode seems to have "cancelled" Flair & Dreamer though.

The fact that back in the day the vast majority of stuff that happened on that flight was viewed as boys being boys says it all.

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM Forums mobile app
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,017

Post#62 » by Stanford » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:00 pm

Pharaoh wrote:The fact that back in the day the vast majority of stuff that happened on that flight was viewed as boys being boys says it all.

I mean, I guess. It was called the Plane Ride from Hell, however.
marley game
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#63 » by marley game » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:06 pm

duke = dope univer$ity
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,833

Post#64 » by djsunyc » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:14 am

can you imagine the state of fear these poor flight attendants were in?
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,083

Post#65 » by Dominator83 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:21 am

I haven't googled anything yet to verify my memory here, but I thing they were a little off on their timeline in the Kanyon episode. They said that the arrival of the nWo killed the Glacier vs Mortis program. I'm pretty positive that program started well after the nWo started. The nWo came out in August of 1996 and iirc the Mortis/Glacier feud was early 97. I was a wrestling nerd back then!
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 931

Post#66 » by kdawg32086 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:31 am

Dominater wrote:I haven't googled anything yet to verify my memory here, but I thing they were a little off on their timeline in the Kanyon episode. They said that the arrival of the nWo killed the Glacier vs Mortis program. I'm pretty positive that program started well after the nWo started. The nWo came out in August of 1996 and iirc the Mortis/Glacier feud was early 97. I was a wrestling nerd back then!

You are right. Glacier was around before the nWo, but Mortis was not.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#67 » by WRau1 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:03 am

Holy ****, I just realized that my entire memory of Mortis and his debut was all based on a series of WCW comics my mom got me when I was a kid. I'm sitting there watching and was like, that's not how this went! Turns out I was just super confused.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#68 » by Scott Hall » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:54 am

Dominater wrote:I haven't googled anything yet to verify my memory here, but I thing they were a little off on their timeline in the Kanyon episode. They said that the arrival of the nWo killed the Glacier vs Mortis program. I'm pretty positive that program started well after the nWo started. The nWo came out in August of 1996 and iirc the Mortis/Glacier feud was early 97. I was a wrestling nerd back then!

Yep I thought the same thing when I heard it... And as I've been watching Nitro and RAW from the beginning during
the pandemic and am now in March 1997 that is correct. Kanyon was in the Men at Work Tag-Team when then nWo
started I believe (they were never on Nitro but on WCW Saturday Night). It just sounded like yet another lazy take
to blame the nWo and Hogan for something again. I wish Dark Side would edit out some of the false comments people
make on the show that aren't factually true.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,083

Post#69 » by Dominator83 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:08 am

Scott Hall wrote:

Yep I thought the same thing when I heard it... And as I've been watching Nitro and RAW from the beginning during
the pandemic and am now in March 1997 that is correct. Kanyon was in the Men at Work Tag-Team when then nWo
started I believe (they were never on Nitro but on WCW Saturday Night). It just sounded like yet another lazy take
to blame the nWo and Hogan for something again. I wish Dark Side would edit out some of the false comments people

Especially with DDP saying that Kanyon said "there goes our push".

None of that makes any sense. DDP got his 1st big push via feuding with the nWo. And as we mentioned, Kanyon was on their B shows wrestling with other tag teams like Disorderly conduct! Actually scratch that it was on their C show. Their B show was WCW Saturday night. The C show that Kanyon was on was WCW Worldwide.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#70 » by Scott Hall » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:24 am

Dominater wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:

Especially with DDP saying that Kanyon said "there goes our push".

None of that makes any sense. DDP got his 1st big push via feuding with the nWo. And as we mentioned, Kanyon was on their B shows wrestling with other tag teams like Disorderly conduct! Actually scratch that it was on their C show. Their B show was WCW Saturday night. The C show that Kanyon was on was WCW Worldwide.

Yup :crazy:

Interviewing wrestlers that are senior citizens now that probably have had multiple undetected concussions over
the years it's not surprising that their memory isn't that good anymore. Kevin Nash on the Steve Austin podcast
on the Network a few months ago said a bunch of stuff that wasn't true and they leave it in there and guys get
slandered for no reason and there is no corrections made it's real cringe.

Return to Pro Wrestling