WWE WrestleMania 37 Discussion

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Re: WWE WrestleMania 37 Discussion 

Post#101 » by WRau1 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:17 am

Overall, I think that was a very very good WM.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#102 » by iMoreland » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:42 am

Butch718 wrote:I hope Reigns retains all the way until next year’s mania.

Same
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#103 » by tugs » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:27 am

Everyone might not agree but every outcome made sense storyline wise. Would I have wished for the opposite finishes for some? Yes. Were they able to tell a story and piqued my interest going forward? Hell yes!
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#104 » by iMoreland » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:34 am

Reigns (c) vs Cesaro at Backlash please
tres
Sophomore
And1: 208

Post#105 » by tres » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:32 am

Night 1 was amazing, but Night 2? They can keep that hot garbage.
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,313

Post#106 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:38 am

The main event was worth watching/staying up for, but the rest of the card was very meh. Overall, I’d give the two nights together a 8/10. Definitely enjoyed the weekend as a whole.

SB: how is WWE going to be doing PPV’s/raw and Smackdown going forward ? Will they be having fans ?
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,017

Post#107 » by Stanford » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:27 am

I came away from last night's show pretty underwhelmed. Thought the main event was paced like a match that was designed to go ten minutes longer than it did. I don't think we'll be looking back at anything on either show as a Wrestlemania classic. Bad Bunny and Bianca's win will probably be the thing most people remember.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,324

Post#108 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:27 pm

tres wrote:What a trash of a Night 2, just awful bs from start to finish..

I’ve been saying the Fiend vs Orton was a weak feud, it was more theatrics rather than wrestling itself. Hopefully by Alexa Bliss screwing the Fiend means an end to this feud coz that match was short & hot garbage.

Ripley winning the Raw Women’s Championship was so underserved, I mean seriously. I don’t care what she did in NXT coz she didn’t put in any work on Raw to deserve to knock off Auska like that

Last but not least the triple threat match was good but come on man Roman Reigns retaining? Edge got screwed SMH. Earlier on I liked the heel turn due to Heyman but now it’s beyond stale. Reigns sucks on the mic & he rarely even wrestles on SmackDown. Please don’t let this guy hold that title until Next WrestleMania...

Everyone has their opinions but I think you’re pretty much alone with this one.
Do it for Chuck
tres
Sophomore
And1: 208

Post#109 » by tres » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:02 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
tres wrote:What a trash of a Night 2, just awful bs from start to finish..

I’ve been saying the Fiend vs Orton was a weak feud, it was more theatrics rather than wrestling itself. Hopefully by Alexa Bliss screwing the Fiend means an end to this feud coz that match was short & hot garbage.

Ripley winning the Raw Women’s Championship was so underserved, I mean seriously. I don’t care what she did in NXT coz she didn’t put in any work on Raw to deserve to knock off Auska like that

Last but not least the triple threat match was good but come on man Roman Reigns retaining? Edge got screwed SMH. Earlier on I liked the heel turn due to Heyman but now it’s beyond stale. Reigns sucks on the mic & he rarely even wrestles on SmackDown. Please don’t let this guy hold that title until Next WrestleMania...

Everyone has their opinions but I think you’re pretty much alone with this one.

And that’s fine, I respect that. Like you said it’s my opinion & this is just one site, on the other site I post on a lot of people agree with what I said so it’s a double edged sword really
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#110 » by WRau1 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:14 pm

But Reigns doesn't suck on the mic and is constantly on Smackdown, even if it isn't an official match.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#111 » by Stanford » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:34 pm

Yeah, Reigns is definitely a good promo at this point. That take seems about three years old.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,764

Post#112 » by spykelee » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:52 pm

Have watched the first night

Boy it's awesome to see fans. Kudos to these guys going out there week after week without that. It's been tough for me to watch wrestling without that and it was nice to see.

Loved the title Match with Bobby and Drew, physical as expected, happy for Lashley to get the clean victory like that and kudos to Drew. He's carried the company during this year and done the best job possible, puts over Bobby tonight.

Women's tag team turmoil, Dana Brooke has a tattoo on her ass? Lmao, botch city in that match. Billie messed up the entrance with mella, Mandy's poor butt, Greg Hamilton announcing the riot squad eliminated. Who cares about natty and tamina

Pretty decent Match with cesaro and rollins. How can ya not be happy for cesaro there?

Pretty meh on omos and aj and the new day

Bad bunny was pretty decent yea. Kinda felt bad priest didnt get more of the spotlight that match but the crowd was pretty into bunny and he obviously performed very well by celebrity standards. Lifelong fan like booker said. Let's be real, maybe outside the Canadian destroyer we could all do all those moves, sell jobs and everything

What is Kevin Nash a 3 time hall of famer? Same for x pac? That might be the most egregious admission of the entire thing. Nwo Wolfpack next year? enough with these guys.

Awww that emotion belair had at the start got me right in the feels. She really is a star in every sense. Powerhouse wrestler, natural connection to the audience, stupid athletic, great gimmick. She walks the walk in every sense. Great match, that whip mark showed up right away.

Good show all things considered, I was glad to really enjoy wrestling again.

Sent from my SM-N975W using RealGM mobile app
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#113 » by The_Brecht » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:07 pm

Shouldn't Edge be the champion, because he pinned Bryan in that sequence?
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#114 » by Ruzious » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:37 pm

Interesting dicotomy on the enormous wins by Bianca and Rhea. When together on NXT, I thought Bianca was a real up and comer, but Rhea was on another level - a legit can't miss superstar. Bianca got "promoted" first and quickly got enormous wins and the Championship win at Wrestlemania - deservedly so - and gets overwhelming applause. Rhea also wins the Championship at Wrestlemania - but the applause for her seems tepid, and many say she not only didn't earn it - she didn't even deserve the match. I look forward to their eventual long-time feud.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#115 » by Stanford » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:14 pm

The_Brecht wrote:Shouldn't Edge be the champion, because he pinned Bryan in that sequence?

Watched this with my girlfriend who asked me logical questions like this on multiple occasions. "Don't question wrestling logic. You'll have a bad time."

Ruzious wrote:Interesting dicotomy on the enormous wins by Bianca and Rhea. When together on NXT, I thought Bianca was a real up and comer, but Rhea was on another level - a legit can't miss superstar. Bianca got "promoted" first and quickly got enormous wins and the Championship win at Wrestlemania - deservedly so - and gets overwhelming applause. Rhea also wins the Championship at Wrestlemania - but the applause for her seems tepid, and many say she not only didn't earn it - she didn't even deserve the match. I look forward to their eventual long-time feud.

I thought Asuka and Rhea were victims of card placement. Crowd was dead before during and after their entrances. It was almost used like a breather to get to the main event. They were also victims of a feud without much investments. And their match wasn't filled with exciting spots. I was a bad recipe to get a reaction for Rhea.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#116 » by Ruzious » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:43 pm

Stanford wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Interesting dicotomy on the enormous wins by Bianca and Rhea. When together on NXT, I thought Bianca was a real up and comer, but Rhea was on another level - a legit can't miss superstar. Bianca got "promoted" first and quickly got enormous wins and the Championship win at Wrestlemania - deservedly so - and gets overwhelming applause. Rhea also wins the Championship at Wrestlemania - but the applause for her seems tepid, and many say she not only didn't earn it - she didn't even deserve the match. I look forward to their eventual long-time feud.

I thought Asuka and Rhea were victims of card placement. Crowd was dead before during and after their entrances. It was almost used like a breather to get to the main event. They were also victim of a feuds without much investments. And their match wasn't filled with exciting spots. I was a bad recipe to get a reaction for Rhea.

Exactly. And ultimately great talent will rise to the top, but right now - the attention will be on Bianca and Boss - and they deserve to bask in it. Rhea will have plenty of basking time later.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
zappafrank
Junior
And1: 158

Post#117 » by zappafrank » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:28 am

improper wrote:I'm fine with Reigns retaining but unless the story they're telling is that he need Jey and Jey is the guy who eventually takes the title off of him, I hated that interference at the end of the match.

Other than that the match was awesome.

what a way to ruin the main event at the biggest ppv of the year with a run-in by that jack-ass yet again ugh. :banghead:
zappafrank
Junior
And1: 158

Post#118 » by zappafrank » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:30 am

Amare_1_Knicks wrote:Holy hell, Rippley’s song sounds terrible live. That is just noise. Ole girls just screaming.

with Tampa being the home of death metal in the '80's-90's that's the best they could do? that song sucked!
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#119 » by tugs » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:13 am

The_Brecht wrote:Shouldn't Edge be the champion, because he pinned Bryan in that sequence?
Was trying to watch replays where Edge's shoulders were on the mat as well, just to justify the double pin in favor of Reigns

Can't find any unfortunately
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,589

Post#120 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:11 pm

Night 1

McIntyre vs Lashley - Good physical match like Backlash. If Lashley is champ until SS or something I'm not a huge fan though.

Women's Tag Turmoil - Brutal for WM standards and a confusing choice in so many ways. Why a gauntlet? Why not do this on Wrestlemania smackdown and do the SD fatal 4 way here... Wouldn't casuals have liked to see Mysterio, had their eye caught by Otis, and wouldn't the non wrestling fan twitter mob watching for the main event liked the Street Profits?

Cesaro vs Rollins - As predicted a major show stealer with great spots like the corkscrew and curb stomp into uppercut. Really nice moment with Cesaro winning and timed perfectly with Lashley heel win to start the show allowing the fans to pop for a babyface. The definition of a "Wrestlemania moment" for a veteran.

AJ/Omos vs New Day - New Day wrestling as heels made this weird. They may have been better off going full squash here.

Shane vs Braun - Don't care what the smarks think... I liked this storyline and I liked this match. Shane getting thrown off was cool. I'm sure the Nickelodeon crowd this was catered to loved seeing Braun beat up the bully. Wrestlemania needed Braun to do something with no Undertaker, Lesnar, HHH, etc. and he came through and got himself over again.

Miz/Morrison vs Bad Bunny/Damian Priest - The surprise good match of the night, Bad Bunny did great for a celebrity, nice Canadian destroyer. Priest looked good. Couldn't ask for more from this one.

Sasha/Bianca - I wasn't that into it. This is like the women's equivalent of a Reigns vs HHH type main event where it does the job but not a lot more. I blame the storyline as Sasha was turned heel too late, they needed to make her more dastardly leading up to it and in Bianca's head psychologically since physically she's much smaller. I thought the missed knees into the corner was some sort of botch and then compounded by Cole's worst call ever, capping off one of his overall worst called matches ever.

Overall very happy with night 1!

Return to Pro Wrestling