WWE WrestleMania 37 Discussion

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,589

Re: WWE WrestleMania 37 Discussion 

Post#121 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:52 am

Night 2 -

Orton/Fiend - The jack in the box was cool I guess and Randy looks good in the white and I guess Alexa crown of thorn moment was decent... But otherwise holy crap, they somehow had a worse match than their last WM one. You spend like 6 months for this? The Fiend is now headed to the same ice cold place Bray was before his hiatus. I guess a costume change can only do so much, I mean if Bray hadn't changed characters he was so cold he might have been released by now. The Fiend arc is like many undefeated monsters over the years, once they start losing it's a different ballgame, Goldberg squash was the beginning of the end.

Natalya/Tamina vs Nia/Shayna - this was actually better than it could have been, the crowd was having none of it though.

Owens vs Zayn - I'm glad they let them have a real match unlike Bryan vs Zayn last year or making it about Logan Paul, this was a good match that woke the crowd up

Sheamus vs Riddle - I'm not sure they needed so many spots when these guys can just stiff hit each other a hundred times, but overall another good match for them

Big E vs Apollo Crews - The placement hurt this one as it came after the superior midcard belt match but it had a few decent spots, and set up Apollo and Kato well

Asuka vs Ripley - This was a better match than Banks/Belair but at the wrong time of night. Still it was a good physical match and Ripley's heel mannerisms are great.

Reigns vs Edge vs Bryan - I was really hot for this one with the SD promos and the video packaged and it delivered for me, all these guys make everything look so good, crazy Edge was used perfectly and I liked the double submission spot on Reigns. I wish it didn't have another Jey Uso interference but I'm still satisfied and think it was a classic.

Night 2 was missing that special attraction feel... this is where Orton and Fiend let them down. I think night 2 needed either the Bunny or Braun match.

Return to Pro Wrestling