Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: WWE Raw Discussion III 

Post#1901 » by Ruzious » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:41 am

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:Well that was a crappy Raw before WrestleMania

I felt bad for Lashley. It's crazy to make him out to be the underdog against Omos. Not to mention, it looks like a last second decision to have them go against each other. They really need a big payoff on Cody vs Rollins, and I'm doubtful they'll get it. And pushing Theory so much still doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,218

Post#1902 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:33 pm

Ruzious wrote: And pushing Theory so much still doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I mean his match is against a punter....

I think he's just fine for killing segments on TV which when you insist on a 3 hour show, you need guys who can do this. It's why Miz remains a valuable member of the roster or Ziggler. Or even Rollins the past month. I've found his storyline annoying AF, but he's killed multiple segments multiple weeks and they are desperate for it.

But totally with you on Lashley. I know they gave him the spot of knocking Omos off his feet, so I feel comfortable he isn't getting squashed, but I don't see how they have a clean finish without hurting one or the other which makes no sense. So my prediction is we get run-ins by the squash victims and have a typical WWE screwy finish to get out of this.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1903 » by Ruzious » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:23 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Ruzious wrote: And pushing Theory so much still doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I mean his match is against a punter....

I think he's just fine for killing segments on TV which when you insist on a 3 hour show, you need guys who can do this. It's why Miz remains a valuable member of the roster or Ziggler. Or even Rollins the past month. I've found his storyline annoying AF, but he's killed multiple segments multiple weeks and they are desperate for it.

But totally with you on Lashley. I know they gave him the spot of knocking Omos off his feet, so I feel comfortable he isn't getting squashed, but I don't see how they have a clean finish without hurting one or the other which makes no sense. So my prediction is we get run-ins by the squash victims and have a typical WWE screwy finish to get out of this.

Theory beating guys like Balor and Ricochet just seems wrong. They're simply better than he is. I'd actually rather have the punter win because he's an interesting character. There's nothing compelling about Theory - in or out of the ring. Even when he was in NXT, he was just a bit player.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,740

Post#1904 » by gambitx777 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:30 am

I think theory has a lot of potential he's young he's got good size and he talks well and works hard. He's a good worker. I can see him, Bron and montez main eventing a mania one day!

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,082

Post#1905 » by Dominator83 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:46 am

Lord Eder wrote:Hey yo... that camera man delivered probably a top 3 stunner sell of all time, did Scott proud

The best two stunner takers were the Rock and Billy Gunn. Gunn would stand straight up and fall straight down. Rock would do the flip back.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1906 » by Ruzious » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:40 pm

gambitx777 wrote:I think theory has a lot of potential he's young he's got good size and he talks well and works hard. He's a good worker. I can see him, Bron and montez main eventing a mania one day!

I can see me not caring about the WWE anymore - though I do like Ford and Bron - even if that is the stupidest name in pro rasslin.
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,313

Post#1907 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:55 pm

Ruzious wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:I think theory has a lot of potential he's young he's got good size and he talks well and works hard. He's a good worker. I can see him, Bron and montez main eventing a mania one day!

I can see me not caring about the WWE anymore - though I do like Ford and Bron - even if that is the stupidest name in pro rasslin.

Theory has potential — we’ll see where it goes when he actually gets going and gets to be himself a bit. They’ve pretty much exclusively had him doing goofy stuff when he talks.

Ford has a great look and is an unbelievable athlete, but again, he’s too silly (as of now). Also, I don’t see enough basics with him. His matches are interesting/entertaining when he does a flip over the top rope, and then again when he goes for the splash off the top.

Bron is great and is only going to be greater. The Steiners getting inducted is a good sign for him potentially switching his name when he gets to the main roster.

Lastly, one name that hasn’t been mentioned - Gable Steveson. He’s going to get a humongous push and while we haven’t seen him work or heard him speak, he, if anyone has the potential to be that Kurt Angle, Rousey kind of natural.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#1908 » by iMoreland » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:45 am

Amare_1_Knicks wrote:Lastly, one name that hasn’t been mentioned - Gable Steveson. He’s going to get a humongous push and while we haven’t seen him work or heard him speak, he, if anyone has the potential to be that Kurt Angle, Rousey kind of natural.

Yeah he's gonna be pushed as a star from the start no doubt. I can see him beating Orton's record as youngest world champion. He's only 21.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1909 » by Ruzious » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:59 pm

iMoreland wrote:
Amare_1_Knicks wrote:Lastly, one name that hasn’t been mentioned - Gable Steveson. He’s going to get a humongous push and while we haven’t seen him work or heard him speak, he, if anyone has the potential to be that Kurt Angle, Rousey kind of natural.

Yeah he's gonna be pushed as a star from the start no doubt. I can see him beating Orton's record as youngest world champion. He's only 21.

Gable and Bron are the only young guys I see as competing to being the future face of WWE, at this point.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1910 » by iMoreland » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:43 pm

Ruzious wrote:
iMoreland wrote:

Gable and Bron are the only young guys I see as competing to being the future face of WWE, at this point.

I think in terms of face of the company, I think Bron is more likely because:

1. Already showing he has the charisma, mic/ring work.
2. Gable has implied he wants to do UFC. So at some point years from now he won't be available for WWE for long periods of time.

But I do think both have potential to be mania main eventers. Brock vs Gable writes itself. And Vince is probably salivating at the thought of Bron vs Roman.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1911 » by Ruzious » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:10 pm

Bron's real good, but I think Gable easily has the higher ceiling. Bron's average size for a strictly power wrestler will stick out against bigger guys like Roman and Drew. He'll need to develop a more multi-dimensional character, imo.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1912 » by iMoreland » Fri Apr 1, 2022 11:38 pm

Spoiler:
There's rumors they're gonna start a heel stable led by Edge.

I love the idea. If it were up to me, members:

Edge
Damian Priest
A repackaged/renamed Dijak/T-Bar
Someone from NXT (Von Wagner)
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#1913 » by tugs » Sat Apr 2, 2022 1:00 am

iMoreland wrote:
Spoiler:

Edge
Damian Priest
FULL CIRCLE!
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,740

Post#1914 » by gambitx777 » Sat Apr 2, 2022 10:22 am

tugs wrote:
iMoreland wrote:
Spoiler:

Edge
Damian Priest
FULL CIRCLE!
Absolutely do something with T Bar! He's too good man! Preist t bar edge maybe another tall guy? They can go at it with AJ and fin then a turn!

WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1915 » by WRau1 » Mon Apr 4, 2022 7:54 pm

They should debut Veer Mahaan w/ Del Rio's old gimmick (the one they tried giving to Ali that made him walk out). He'd be perfect for that.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Pantsman
Veteran
And1: 3,742

Post#1916 » by Pantsman » Mon Apr 4, 2022 9:38 pm

iMoreland wrote:

He better get himself in shape then soon. He’s too flabby for Vince. He’s not going to put the belt on someone with that much flab around them no matter how well they perform in the ring. It’s very rare he looks past that.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1917 » by iMoreland » Mon Apr 4, 2022 10:52 pm

Spoiler:
Rhea Ripley rumored to be in Edge's stable
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,186

Post#1918 » by heatwillbeback » Tue Apr 5, 2022 1:05 am

Well….. with how that went Elias/Ezekiel will be future endeavored in a few weeks.

Yikes.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1919 » by iMoreland » Tue Apr 5, 2022 1:40 am

MVP should turn on Lashley and align with Omos
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1920 » by iMoreland » Tue Apr 5, 2022 2:37 am