WWE Survivor Series Discussion

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,083

Re: WWE Survivor Series Discussion 

Post#21 » by Dominator83 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:54 am

So far every match has been good. But Brock Lesnar coming up, so there goes that momentum
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#22 » by Dominator83 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:57 am

jakecronus8 wrote:Really bad booking having Dunne lose clean like that. Really buried him.

Yea but NXT has historically had booked their heel title holders as guys who can win big matches without cheating. I like it

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,017

Post#23 » by Stanford » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:02 am

Yeah, I have no problem with a champion winning clean at a PPV.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,324

Post#24 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:41 am

You can’t have Cole take that bump last night, barely sell it then win clean. Just bad booking. Have his little minions get involved or something. Dunne pin cleaned with a finisher is burying him.
Do it for Chuck
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#25 » by Spens1 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:55 am

why did Walter leave Germany for this ****.

Seriously if he was going to leave, it should have been for some new japan tours (honestly, it would suit him and i can't imagine him being anything less than US or IC champ by now).
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#26 » by Spens1 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:55 am

Oh yeah, we're back to lolromanwins again just in time for the lead up to the rumble and then wrestlemania.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#27 » by improper » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:56 am

jakecronus8 wrote:You can’t have Cole take that bump last night, barely sell it then win clean. Just bad booking. Have his little minions get involved or something. Dunne pin cleaned with a finisher is burying him.

Dunne will be fine. He's one of the most over guys in NXT and he just won a big match last night.
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#28 » by Dominator83 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:57 am

jakecronus8 wrote:You can’t have Cole take that bump last night, barely sell it then win clean. Just bad booking. Have his little minions get involved or something. Dunne pin cleaned with a finisher is burying him.

Well part of what they were trying to sell was, both guys were hurt from last night. But yea they probably could've sold his back a little more. But as far as an NXT heel title holder beating a strong face without any help, that's nothing new. Total opposite of main roster where most of the time, you don't believe that a heel champ can beat anybody clean

jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,324

Post#29 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:28 am

Need to make a note to not watch these survivor series ppvs anymore. Every year I forget that it’s the most throw away show of the year. Good wrestling tonight but just as in every other year with the brand split, absolutely nothing matters as a result.
Do it for Chuck
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#30 » by iMoreland » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:42 am

Keith Lee = Future World Champion for sure. That powerbomb he did on Reigns was the most beautiful powerbomb I've ever seen in my life.

Main event was very boring. And what was the point of Becky standing tall at the end? Men's 5v5v5 should've main evented.
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#31 » by The_Brecht » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:29 am

NXT wins, unless it's Roman Reigns.
Surprise.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,017

Post#32 » by Stanford » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:10 pm

Cole was also the last UE guy to enter the Wargames match.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#33 » by JohnPferdelack » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:20 pm

SS was ok, but you can't compare it with WarGames.
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#34 » by Dominator83 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:15 pm

JohnPferdelack wrote:SS was ok, but you can't compare it with WarGames.

Yea I dont know what people are complaining about. I'm a guy that watches very little main roster WWE these days. I mostly just watch the Wednesday night wars now. But I watched SS and I was fairly impressed. The matches were good and I was invested top to bottom.

The only booking part I was worried about was when they made it look like Sasha might overcome the 3 on 1. That would been the worst booking ever to have Rhea overcome insurmountable odds at wargames, then choke a 3-1 advantage the next night. Would've been a complete waste. Luckily even WWE writers aren't THAT stupid. Lol

JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#35 » by JohnPferdelack » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:18 pm

But the main event was very disappointing.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#36 » by improper » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:28 pm

I'll admit to being legitimately surprised they made NXT look so strong. Just trying to figure out where they're going with it or if it was just to try to get a ratings edge over AEW.
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#37 » by Flames24Rulz » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:29 pm

Dominater wrote:

Yea I dont know what people are complaining about. I'm a guy that watches very little main roster WWE these days. I mostly just watch the Wednesday night wars now. But I watched SS and I was fairly impressed. The matches were good and I was invested top to bottom.

The only booking part I was worried about was when they made it look like Sasha might overcome the 3 on 1. That would been the worst booking ever to have Rhea overcome insurmountable odds at wargames, then choke a 3-1 advantage the next night. Would've been a complete waste. Luckily even WWE writers aren't THAT stupid. Lol

Yeah, I've kind of taken a break on the WWE PPV's outside of the big ones. I think Survivor Series was the first one I've watched since SummerSlam -- I thought it was actually a real good PPV.

They really should've closed with the title match between Brock & Rey though instead of closing with the women's match. The crowd completely crapped all over the last match, which was pretty unfair to the women, but a match with zero consequences shouldn't have finished the night. If that match was the opener of the evening, or even flipped with the Brock/Rey match, I bet the crowd would've been completely okay with it.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,249

Post#38 » by LLJ » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:32 pm

improper wrote:I'll admit to being legitimately surprised they made NXT look so strong. Just trying to figure out where they're going with it or if it was just to try to get a ratings edge over AEW.

It is likely exactly what your second guess is. Vince hates losing in any way, even if it's a brand he doesn't give a **** about.
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#39 » by Dominator83 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:06 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:
Dominater wrote:

Yeah, I've kind of taken a break on the WWE PPV's outside of the big ones. I think Survivor Series was the first one I've watched since SummerSlam -- I thought it was actually a real good PPV.

They really should've closed with the title match between Brock & Rey though instead of closing with the women's match. The crowd completely crapped all over the last match, which was pretty unfair to the women, but a match with zero consequences shouldn't have finished the night. If that match was the opener of the evening, or even flipped with the Brock/Rey match, I bet the crowd would've been completely okay with it.

Yea I do agree 100% that the main event should've been one of the title matches. That was an odd spot for that match

LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,249

Post#40 » by LLJ » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:19 pm

I think they wanted Becky to stand tall at the end so the crowd would go home happy. Even though she lost. And looked like a sore loser.

Don't look at me, I don't book this crap.

At this point though, I think crowds are finally starting to get Becky fatigue. She's still pretty over, but trotting her out to pacify the crowd in every episode and PPV and this almost 10 month reign is starting to wear on a chunk of WWE fans.

You also can't expect to trot out 2 average and one very deliberate and plodding worker and expect a hot main event out of it.

Return to Pro Wrestling