Re: NXT TakeOver: In Your House Discussion 

Post#22 » by Stanford » Mon Jun 8, 2020 2:11 am

bout time
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#23 » by tugs » Mon Jun 8, 2020 2:18 am

Dang Ripley took some real damage from Io. Sure these are choreographed, but shee took most of the hit from that dive and I think wasn't really prepared for that Moonsault on her face
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,083

Post#24 » by Dominator83 » Mon Jun 8, 2020 5:35 am

That Damian Priest staircase spot was dangerous AF
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#25 » by The_Brecht » Mon Jun 8, 2020 11:07 am

I really enjoyed this.
Cole vs Dream was a little underwhelming though.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
tugs
RealGM

Post#26 » by tugs » Mon Jun 8, 2020 3:16 pm

And oh

Scarlett <3
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#27 » by iMoreland » Mon Jun 8, 2020 10:14 pm

Something that's always bothered me about NXT is how long guys stay there. Keith Lee is 35 and is the midcard champion on the developmental show. He should be in main event programs on the regular shows. Adam Cole has been in NXT for almost 3 years. That's insane. There's not now and never was a need for a year long title reign in NXT.

They won't, but I feel like there should be a 1 year rule they follow. No one can stay in NXT longer than 1 year unless they're ACTUAL developmental talent. Cole and Lee don't need developing. Keeps things fresh on the main roster and makes for a better overall product because of it.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#28 » by iMoreland » Mon Jun 8, 2020 11:23 pm

Whatever they're paying Charlotte, it's not enough. She's working every damn show and constantly delivering. She's the best overall performer in the entire wrestling world right now but she'll never get credit for it because of her last name.
The_Brecht
Starter

Post#29 » by The_Brecht » Tue Jun 9, 2020 7:02 am

iMoreland wrote:Something that's always bothered me about NXT is how long guys stay there. Keith Lee is 35 and is the midcard champion on the developmental show. He should be in main event programs on the regular shows. Adam Cole has been in NXT for almost 3 years. That's insane. There's not now and never was a need for a year long title reign in NXT.

They won't, but I feel like there should be a 1 year rule they follow. No one can stay in NXT longer than 1 year unless they're ACTUAL developmental talent. Cole and Lee don't need developing. Keeps things fresh on the main roster and makes for a better overall product because of it.

NXT is a main roster brand.

- Dust means thirsty.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,083

Post#30 » by Dominator83 » Tue Jun 9, 2020 10:45 am

The_Brecht wrote:
iMoreland wrote:Something that's always bothered me about NXT is how long guys stay there. Keith Lee is 35 and is the midcard champion on the developmental show. He should be in main event programs on the regular shows. Adam Cole has been in NXT for almost 3 years. That's insane. There's not now and never was a need for a year long title reign in NXT.

Yea the days of it being "developmental" are long gone.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#31 » by Ruzious » Tue Jun 9, 2020 11:29 am

Dominater wrote:
The_Brecht wrote:

Yea the days of it being "developmental" are long gone.

Yes and no. NXT is a main roster brand, but It's still regarded as a bit of a promotion - especially when a young rassler moves "up" from NXT. It seemed somewhat contrived when Charlotte chose to go for the NXT championship.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
The_Brecht
Starter

Post#32 » by The_Brecht » Tue Jun 9, 2020 11:39 am

Some wrestlers (f.e. Ciampa) prefer working in NXT because the schedule is lighter.

- Dust means thirsty.
tugs
RealGM

Post#33 » by tugs » Tue Jun 9, 2020 11:43 am

iMoreland wrote:Whatever they're paying Charlotte, it's not enough. She's working every damn show and constantly delivering. She's the best overall performer in the entire wrestling world right now but she'll never get credit for it because of her last name.
I agree. It can be argued that she has been getting opportunity after opportunity and is backed by the machine, but you really can't deny the work she's put in.

Really difficult to imagine her not winning any gold soon. Booking her right now is even more of a challenge.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#34 » by improper » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:21 am

The_Brecht wrote:Some wrestlers (f.e. Ciampa) prefer working in NXT because the schedule is lighter.

Also because they know they won't get booked like sh*t in NXT.

Finally getting around to watching this. Love watching Gargano. It's nice to see a guy work an entirely different style when he's a bad guy. The mark of a great pro wrestler. I could watch Gargano and Keith Lee wrestle for an hour. Just in-ring perfection.

Return to Pro Wrestling