Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,189

Re: WWE Royal Rumble Discussion 

Post#21 » by heatwillbeback » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:49 am

Dominater wrote:I'm actually happy with the women's rumble ending. Good call

I enjoyed it.

I don’t think Rumble is the best place for a submission wrestler like Rousey to show out, but it sets up Rousey vs Charlotte which will be awesome. Charlotte was only in it as a champion to set that up.

Bianca vs Becky and Flair vs Rousey. Can’t mess that up!
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#22 » by iMoreland » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:55 am

I can't take someone seriously with a name like Doudrop
heatwillbeback
RealGM

Post#23 » by heatwillbeback » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:03 am

Doudrop did much better than I anticipated that match (not because she can’t wrestle, but because I didn’t think they would give the match that much time).

Really good showing and match.
heatwillbeback
RealGM

Post#24 » by heatwillbeback » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:43 am

Ugh. Kofi messed up the kofi spot.
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#25 » by Lord Eder » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:12 am

heatwillbeback wrote:Ugh. Kofi messed up the kofi spot.

I was literally just explaining to my wife, this guys always got crazy ways to stay in the match when this happened LOL
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,083

Post#26 » by Dominator83 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:39 am

Liked the Heyman swerve
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,740

Post#27 » by gambitx777 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:16 am

They could have gotten away with it but the replay killed it lol .

I'm really upset that they did two celebs and Shane instead of Tomaso, Dunn, LA, strong, Gunther, Lumis, breaker, or for **** sakes FIN. I mean it's fine but I'm still not happy about it.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
SunsLyf3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,564

Post#28 » by SunsLyf3 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:00 am

gambitx777 wrote:They could have gotten away with it but the replay killed it lol .

I'm really upset that they did two celebs and Shane instead of Tomaso, Dunn, LA, strong, Gunther, Lumis, breaker, or for **** sakes FIN. I mean it's fine but I'm still not happy about it.

It didn't help that they just threw every tag team available. That used up a lot of entries.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#29 » by tugs » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:35 am

Women's Rumble was top notch! Opened up a ton of potential storylines and continued the existing ones

The disrespect for Melina though
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#30 » by gambitx777 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:40 pm

SunsLyf3 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:They could have gotten away with it but the replay killed it lol .

It didn't help that they just threw every tag team available. That used up a lot of entries.
Yeah like I actually enjoyed the show. All the tittle matches were excellent in my opinion. Seth and Roman was a classic, Bob and Brock put on the perfect big dudes slapping meat match. And Becky got a good showing out of DD but can we rename her. Lol dewy piper or something.

I mean Otis and montz was fine but the Chad and dokins had no reason to be there. Rkbro and the dirty dogs, fine even rey and Dom. But imo moss, Holland and boogs shouldn't have been there. The side kicks should have been left at home. they didn't need two celebs leave BB and replace Steve and Shane. That's. That's 6 spaces. For underused guys, or NXT guys or maybe FIN or a TNA star. I don't even care that Brock won it that's fine I like Brock. But it didn't need to be this lack luster feeling cuz there wanlsnt a lot of oh wow value .

The ladies rumble was a treat.

jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,324

Post#31 » by jakecronus8 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:25 pm

tugs wrote:Women's Rumble was top notch! Opened up a ton of potential storylines and continued the existing ones

The disrespect for Melina though

But it got sasha to do the Melina splits spot, which was by far the highlight of the night. Two thumbs and one boner up.
Do it for Chuck
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#32 » by Ruzious » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:44 pm

Dominater wrote:Liked the Heyman swerve

I should have seen that coming, but it totally threw me off - and set up how the RR would end. Raw ratings should be through the roof.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
SunsLyf3
Sixth Man

Post#33 » by SunsLyf3 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:10 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
SunsLyf3 wrote:

Yeah like I actually enjoyed the show. All the tittle matches were excellent in my opinion. Seth and Roman was a classic, Bob and Brock put on the perfect big dudes slapping meat match. And Becky got a good showing out of DD but can we rename her. Lol dewy piper or something.

I mean Otis and montz was fine but the Chad and dokins had no reason to be there. Rkbro and the dirty dogs, fine even rey and Dom. But imo moss, Holland and boogs shouldn't have been there. The side kicks should have been left at home. they didn't need two celebs leave BB and replace Steve and Shane. That's. That's 6 spaces. For underused guys, or NXT guys or maybe FIN or a TNA star. I don't even care that Brock won it that's fine I like Brock. But it didn't need to be this lack luster feeling cuz there wanlsnt a lot of oh wow value .

The ladies rumble was a treat.

And the crazy part is that Bad Bunny was the best part of the rumble too but I get your point. A lot of wasted potential on the entrants. Where was Finn Balor at?

And yes on the name change for DD. I can't take her serious with a name like that.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,948

Post#34 » by Bucksfan28 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:54 pm

Seems to be a different reaction here than elsewhere online. Watched the replay today but had seen the slander going in plus a buddy was live texting me (minus spoilers) and he hated the men's rumble. Maybe it was the going in with low expectations but I enjoyed the show.

The Heyman swerve was cool, didn't see it coming, but I feel bad that ultimately even with winning the title it didn't really help prop Bobby up imo.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#35 » by gambitx777 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:31 pm

Also the mean mugging between riddle and Brock was legit amazing. Looked to be like Brock stiffed him a bit too.

SunsLyf3
Sixth Man

Post#36 » by SunsLyf3 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:59 am

Bucksfan28 wrote:Seems to be a different reaction here than elsewhere online. Watched the replay today but had seen the slander going in plus a buddy was live texting me (minus spoilers) and he hated the men's rumble. Maybe it was the going in with low expectations but I enjoyed the show.

The Heyman swerve was cool, didn't see it coming, but I feel bad that ultimately even with winning the title it didn't really help prop Bobby up imo.

The mens rumble left a sour taste and made the ppv look bad. It's a shame cause the rest of the matches delivered.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#37 » by Scott Hall » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:25 am

Yeah I didn't get the hate online for this show...

- Reigns vs. Rollins was solid

- I thought the Womens Rumble was fantastic only gripe is I wish they didn't leak the Ronda Rousey appearance
the night before and kept it secret like the Bad Bunny appearance. Also they need to give legends more of a run
then just getting squashed all the time like Melina and Molly Holly. I literally looked down at my table to take a
swipe of food and bam Melina was gone in the blink of an eye. Highlight for me was Mickie James coming out to
"Hardcore County" and bringing out the Impact Tittle.

- Becky Lynch vs. Doudrop was the perfect bathroom break/recovery match on paper but I actually found this
match to be adequate

- Brock vs. Lashley was good for what it was but the ending gave away the winner of the Mens Rumble

- After the Brock vs. Lashley match I was ready to go and was amped for the Mens Rumble and had forgotten
all about the mixed tag match of the Grit couple vs. The It Couple and was like ughhhh. I haven't cared about
this feud from the start barely care about any of the participants and hope it ended at the Rumble.

- The Mens Rumble has got to be in contention for worst Royal Rumble match ever. Was really sad to watch for multiple
reasons just the complete lack of effort and creativity into booking it was pitiful. Another thing that was noticeable
was how hardly anyone was/is over. I've also noticed this the last few years with the Mens Rumble and it seems
to be getting worse but this has gotta be the worst mens roster in history and the Rumble really illustrates that.
The Womens Rumbles have been way better since they debuted but also I think they get an advantage by having
more surprises and returns each year but the Womens roster might actually be more talented and top heavy then
the men which is border line alarming. Brock winning was lazy and yet another wasted opportunity there's a million
other ways to book him into a match with Reigns at WM and yet another chance to make a new star after last
year letting an old Edge win it. And as much as Vince deserves the blame as I'm watching the Mens Rumble I was
like it's crazy how almost all of these guys don't have the "it factor" and it was like watching a sea of mid carders
in there but the old Vince could turn water into wine. I noticed a lot of people have been mentioning Fin Balor
what's crazy is I've completely forgotten all about him. Was sad to see Kofi botch his annual Rumble spot and
how does Randy Orton come out to a massive pop in his hometown and get eliminated fairly quickly? The Johnny
Knoxville stuff was somewhat disappointing and speaking of celebs I actually found myself rooting for Bad Bunny to
win it all which pretty much explains the sad state of the mens roster.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#38 » by gambitx777 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:15 pm

So apparently fin was on vacation. Like werid that they let him go. But, I mean the man wanted to see his family while he's able so **** it let him.

gambitx777
General Manager

Post#39 » by gambitx777 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:32 pm

Reports are in that Riddle was slated to win before they settled on Brock.

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,589

Post#40 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:17 pm

I really enjoyed Women's royal rumble this year, Naomi-Sonya storyline, Liv's reaction when Logan came back, Nikki attacking Molly Holly were all good moments, Charlotte and Lita heat made me think the latter had a chance to win. Men's was pretty flat with a lot of midcard and tag team type guys, and after Reigns cost Brock title him winning was exactly what I expected to happen. I would have been nice to have Goldberg in this one to make you think he could plausibly win and face Lashley. I don't know if it was on purpose but Kofi missing his spot kind of worked for me, mighty Casey has struck out.
-
It couple vs Grit couple was pretty fun. Reigns-Rollins and Lashley-Lesnar were both solid. Becky and Doudrop were on unfortunate place on the card and would've been better fit on Raw.

Return to Pro Wrestling