WWE General Discussion III: Bigger! Better! Badder!

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Re: WWE General Discussion III: Bigger! Better! Badder! 

Post#21 » by iMoreland » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:54 pm

"Cesaro has exited WWE after his current contract expired." - PWI/SRS
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#22 » by iMoreland » Sat Mar 5, 2022 8:29 pm

"Creative was told last night a change in Cody status from sure thing to uncertain." - Meltzer
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#23 » by Scott Hall » Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:24 pm

Read on Twitter
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#24 » by Ruzious » Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:11 pm

Good luck to the bad guy and to the great guy - Big E. I don't know if it was E's fault or Ridge Holland's or both, but that was a fubar starting at 8:50. It looked to me like Ridge grabbed him way too high to have the leverage needed to make that move.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,740

Post#25 » by gambitx777 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:49 pm

Ruzious wrote:Good luck to the bad guy and to the great guy - Big E. I don't know if it was E's fault or Ridge Holland's or both, but that was a fubar starting at 8:50. It looked to me like Ridge grabbed him way too high to have the leverage needed to make that move.

If you noticed ridge double pumped him I'm not sure big E pushed off hard enough on the toss, but also looks like he had his chin up in the air. I think it might have been both.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#26 » by Scott Hall » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:49 am

Read on Twitter
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,083

Post#27 » by Dominator83 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:59 am

gambitx777 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Good luck to the bad guy and to the great guy - Big E. I don't know if it was E's fault or Ridge Holland's or both, but that was a fubar starting at 8:50. It looked to me like Ridge grabbed him way too high to have the leverage needed to make that move.

If you noticed ridge double pumped him I'm not sure big E pushed off hard enough on the toss, but also looks like he had his chin up in the air. I think it might have been both.

What happened to the poster here that actually did have some wrestling experience? Would like to hear his insight
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#28 » by Lord Eder » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:20 pm

After seeing madcap take that bump and walk it off like nothing, that was the first thing I thought of when I saw Big E land on his head. Was hopeful, but once you saw him laying there motionless you knew something was up. Then the camera never returning and the match ending pretty much right there I figured he broke his neck. Probably being outside the ring did him no favours. Which is 'funny' because when they locked up and even before the suplex I remember thinking 'good thing there's mats out there'. Speedy recovery Big E. I gotta say too though, I'm always amazed by the professionalism these guys display when something goes wrong. I dunno how I'd keep myself together if the dude I just suplexed landed on his head and broke his neck.

Then this Scott Hall news, man. Everyone talks about Andre, Hogan, Stone Cold, The Rock etc. But Scott Hall is one of, if not the most influential people in wrestling history. That night he showed up on Nitro changed wrestling completely blurring the lines of reality and ushered in one of the craziest eras of the sport. He had his demons obviously but a lot of what I've heard about Scott from those who knew him was that he was a genuine good dude. This is one of those, celebrity deaths don't usually get to me but this one does for me.

Kind of a **** weekend in the biz.
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,017

Post#29 » by Stanford » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:26 pm

Razor Ramon was my favorite wrestler as a kid. I was drawn to him when I knew nothing about wrestling and my appreciation for Scott Hall grew as I got older. In some ways we're fortunate he got to stick around for as long as he did, but this is still tragic.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#30 » by gambitx777 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:10 pm

Stanford wrote:Razor Ramon was my favorite wrestler as a kid. I was drawn to him when I knew nothing about wrestling and my appreciation for Scott Hall grew as I got older. In some ways we're fortunate he got to stick around for as long as he did, but this is still tragic.
If Scott hall had taken the back half of his career seriously he probably could have gone for another 5 plus years. It's sad !

Hearing how E doesn't need surgery is nice but hearing how bad the injury is in terms of if he'll ever wrestle again..... I'm glad he got the belt when he did. Talk about how they did him aside hell always be a world champ and a ture HOF guy. I don't know what you do with kofi and woods with out him . Woods deserves a run with the belt. But will he get a booker like final heal run?

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#31 » by Stanford » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:12 pm

These days, injuries don't take guys out for good... even if they should. I think we'll see him wrestle again.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#32 » by gambitx777 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:39 pm

I was reading some backstage stuff that ridge has no heat on him and that they are chalking it up to accidents happen.

I read that maybe ridge hooked him too low and he let go too soon but over all they are not blaming him. Also that he handled himself well and was very sorry and concerned for E.

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#33 » by Ruzious » Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:11 pm

gambitx777 wrote:I was reading some backstage stuff that ridge has no heat on him and that they are chalking it up to accidents happen.

I read that maybe ridge hooked him too low and he let go too soon but over all they are not blaming him. Also that he handled himself well and was very sorry and concerned for E.

Maybe the most fault lies with the person who ok'd an inexperienced wrestler using that move on such a bulky/heavy wrestler like Big E.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#34 » by gambitx777 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:30 pm

Ruzious wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:I was reading some backstage stuff that ridge has no heat on him and that they are chalking it up to accidents happen.

Maybe the most fault lies with the person who ok'd an inexperienced wrestler using that move on such a bulky/heavy wrestler like Big E.
I agree who ever the writer was who came up with that was really to blame. Ridge was just doing his job and trying his best. They probably did it in practice and it went fine. But honestly that veritable shouldn't have been put out there for the new guy. Big E should have been suplexing him.

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#35 » by Stanford » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:51 pm

Do we really think writers are booking match spots? A producer would have OK'd it and maybe even suggested it, but if Big E goes to a producer and says, "hey, let's do this spot," are they really going to refuse? He's a vet at this point and a former champion. Unless Big E was forced to do the spot against his wishes, I don't think we can start blaming a producer, and especially not the writers.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#36 » by gambitx777 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:12 am

Stanford wrote:Do we really think writers are booking match spots? A producer would have OK'd it and maybe even suggested it, but if Big E goes to a producer and says, "hey, let's do this spot," are they really going to refuse? He's a vet at this point and a former champion. Unless Big E was forced to do the spot against his wishes, I don't think we can start blaming a producer, and especially not the writers.
I think you can blame them more than ridge. Of course we don't know who's idea it was but I think that's where the blame sits. I doubt a new guys going to walk up to E and go I wanna do this. He's in I'll do what I'm told mode.

spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,764

Post#37 » by spykelee » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:45 am

Stanford wrote:Razor Ramon was my favorite wrestler as a kid. I was drawn to him when I knew nothing about wrestling and my appreciation for Scott Hall grew as I got older. In some ways we're fortunate he got to stick around for as long as he did, but this is still tragic.
RIP to the bad guy! Well said. One of my favorites too. Sadly, 63 feels about right. Lived a hard life. Glad he got it back on track with DDP and was able to really savour the last few years.

Sent from my SM-N975W using RealGM Forums mobile app
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#38 » by Scott Hall » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:52 am

This is a tough one for me...

I was a huge Scott Hall fan (hence the username) he was my 3rd favorite wrestler ever behind
Hogan and Bret Hart who are 1 and 1A for me. When I use to go to the clubs and had a few drinks
in me I would start mimicking him and doing his mannerisms whenever I grow a 5oclock shadow
I hope it looks as cool as his did.

It's to bad he never got a world tittle run and his demons got the best of him.
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#39 » by The_Brecht » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:20 am

Hey Yo! no more.
Sad day.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#40 » by gambitx777 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:29 am

I'm not surprised Cody didn't show tonight he's not gonna disrespect razor like that! They gonna milk this for three weeks for a debut at mania if anything.

Return to Pro Wrestling