WWE General Discussion III: Bigger! Better! Badder!

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,740

Re: WWE General Discussion III: Bigger! Better! Badder! 

Post#221 » by gambitx777 » Mon Apr 3, 2023 12:35 pm

This is really good when endeavor bought ufc. They just let Dana run the thing and moved on so probably it will stay the same the interesting part will be what 51 percent are they buying. Are they buying out the McMahon and the boards almost 40ish percent of are the buying it out of the almost 60 percent of other shares. What about voting power. It looks more like a merger to me. So who knows what the rules might be. But also the biggest. Thing... Might be the PLE. UFCsells their PPV for 50-70 bucks a pop. I don't see endeavor contining to give those away for free on a service unless a service pays big bucks for that. I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't end up on ESPN plus and costing a lot more than free.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
Knightfall
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,070

Post#222 » by Knightfall » Wed Apr 5, 2023 1:01 am

gambitx777 wrote:This is really good when endeavor bought ufc. They just let Dana run the thing and moved on so probably it will stay the same the interesting part will be what 51 percent are they buying. Are they buying out the McMahon and the boards almost 40ish percent of are the buying it out of the almost 60 percent of other shares. What about voting power. It looks more like a merger to me. So who knows what the rules might be. But also the biggest. Thing... Might be the PLE. UFCsells their PPV for 50-70 bucks a pop. I don't see endeavor contining to give those away for free on a service unless a service pays big bucks for that. I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't end up on ESPN plus and costing a lot more than free.

It depends on what endeavor is going to value really. Sure charging for 50 - 70 a fight sounds good but how many buys do they get vs a subscription base. Example peacock has 20 million subscribers. At 10.00 a month that's $2.4 billion annually. Do you want yo give up your share of the 2.4 billion annually for the pay out of a event costing $75.00 per person to buy amd the Hope's of them buying it. Remember a major part of peacocks fan base came over with the merger of the wwe network.

It is a interesting question. Would they possibly create their own streaming service and say hey for 20.00 a month you now get the WWE and the UFC? Also with the streaming service being us only, they still charge for over seas ppv. Which they generate plenty from also.

I do expect peacock to try to keep the wwe programming as it makes a huge part of their content and memberships. However o wouldn't be surprised if they lose it to someone else or endeavor goes amd partners with disney to move the events ove or using their espn+ model.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#223 » by gambitx777 » Thu Apr 6, 2023 7:31 am

Knightfall wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:This is really good when endeavor bought ufc. They just let Dana run the thing and moved on so probably it will stay the same the interesting part will be what 51 percent are they buying. Are they buying out the McMahon and the boards almost 40ish percent of are the buying it out of the almost 60 percent of other shares. What about voting power. It looks more like a merger to me. So who knows what the rules might be. But also the biggest. Thing... Might be the PLE. UFCsells their PPV for 50-70 bucks a pop. I don't see endeavor contining to give those away for free on a service unless a service pays big bucks for that. I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't end up on ESPN plus and costing a lot more than free.

It depends on what endeavor is going to value really. Sure charging for 50 - 70 a fight sounds good but how many buys do they get vs a subscription base. Example peacock has 20 million subscribers. At 10.00 a month that's $2.4 billion annually. Do you want yo give up your share of the 2.4 billion annually for the pay out of a event costing $75.00 per person to buy amd the Hope's of them buying it. Remember a major part of peacocks fan base came over with the merger of the wwe network.

It is a interesting question. Would they possibly create their own streaming service and say hey for 20.00 a month you now get the WWE and the UFC? Also with the streaming service being us only, they still charge for over seas ppv. Which they generate plenty from also.

I do expect peacock to try to keep the wwe programming as it makes a huge part of their content and memberships. However o wouldn't be surprised if they lose it to someone else or endeavor goes amd partners with disney to move the events ove or using their espn+ model.
I mean could they have cable and special event deals with everyone else and start back up the network I mean it's still around in certain countries lol .

iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#224 » by iMoreland » Sat Apr 8, 2023 4:23 am

"Drew McIntyre's WWE contract is in its final year. Both sides aren’t even close to agreeing to a new deal. There's been talk that Drew McIntyre is unhappy with his current situation in WWE and it's kind of a mix of creative and money and what kind of offer he's getting for a renewal. WWE is taking seriously the possibility that he is going to let his deal run out."

— PWInsider
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,083

Post#225 » by Dominator83 » Sat Apr 8, 2023 4:39 am

iMoreland wrote:"Drew McIntyre's WWE contract is in its final year. Both sides aren’t even close to agreeing to a new deal. There's been talk that Drew McIntyre is unhappy with his current situation in WWE and it's kind of a mix of creative and money and what kind of offer he's getting for a renewal. WWE is taking seriously the possibility that he is going to let his deal run out."

— PWInsider

Drew Galloway is All Elite
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#226 » by gambitx777 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:40 am

Dominater wrote:
iMoreland wrote:"Drew McIntyre's WWE contract is in its final year. Both sides aren’t even close to agreeing to a new deal. There's been talk that Drew McIntyre is unhappy with his current situation in WWE and it's kind of a mix of creative and money and what kind of offer he's getting for a renewal. WWE is taking seriously the possibility that he is going to let his deal run out."

— PWInsider

Drew Galloway is All Elite
They can have him. I love drew but he's gonna be 38 with major neck issues. He's been top guy, had the belts. Was top baby face for years. They treated him really well now his time at the top is over. If he doesn't wanna stay, see how he likes having 6 man tag matches on dark with Keith Lee and Dustin.

iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#227 » by iMoreland » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:33 pm

Read on Twitter

They got rid of King of the Ring for this. Makes sense I guess. This show is the day Roman hits 1,000 days as champion.

Maybe with the draft coming up and every title needing to be defended, Roman has to defend the world titles separately?

Safe to assume KO/Sami will lose the tag titles before this since they don't go to Saudi.
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#228 » by Dominator83 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:18 am

iMoreland wrote:
Read on Twitter

They got rid of King of the Ring for this. Makes sense I guess. This show is the day Roman hits 1,000 days as champion.

Maybe with the draft coming up and every title needing to be defended, Roman has to defend the world titles separately?

Safe to assume KO/Sami will lose the tag titles before this since they don't go to Saudi.

Perfect set up. Pierce comes out and says that at night of champions EVERY belt is on the line. Roman must defend both belts separately. Roman says eff that take the WWE title. Then for the vacant title you have Cody vs Brock

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,570

Post#229 » by Pharaoh » Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:32 am

Dominater wrote:
iMoreland wrote:
Read on Twitter

Perfect set up. Pierce comes out and says that at night of champions EVERY belt is on the line. Roman must defend both belts separately. Roman says eff that take the WWE title. Then for the vacant title you have Cody vs Brock
Nah you can't have Reigns forfeit a title - someone (Cody) has to pin him otherwise you've wasted his 1000 days.

They had the perfect opportunity at Wrestlemania to crown TWO new real main event players and failed because "there's more money in the chase". Yeah to some degree but timing couldn't have been more perfect.

Hopefully now the plan is for Cody to beat Brock, get his rematch at Summerslam and LOSE again.

Cody gets a bit more heel in him, goes on to battle Lashley, wins that, goes into the Rumble at #1 but is eliminated last!

Elimination Chamber is where Cody wins his shot, talks about the tough year he's had and is coming back to get what is "rightfully" his by beating Roman at Mania

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM Forums mobile app
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#230 » by Dominator83 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:55 am

Pharaoh wrote:
Dominater wrote:
iMoreland wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nah you can't have Reigns forfeit a title - someone (Cody) has to pin him otherwise you've wasted his 1000 days.

They had the perfect opportunity at Wrestlemania to crown TWO new real main event players and failed because "there's more money in the chase". Yeah to some degree but timing couldn't have been more perfect.

Hopefully now the plan is for Cody to beat Brock, get his rematch at Summerslam and LOSE again.

Cody gets a bit more heel in him, goes on to battle Lashley, wins that, goes into the Rumble at #1 but is eliminated last!

Elimination Chamber is where Cody wins his shot, talks about the tough year he's had and is coming back to get what is "rightfully" his by beating Roman at Mania

I disagree with your 1st sentence , because the 1000 days is the universal belt reign not the WWE belt reign.

gambitx777
General Manager

Post#231 » by gambitx777 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:16 pm

Pharaoh wrote:
Dominater wrote:
iMoreland wrote:
Read on Twitter

You aren't wasting his 1000 days. Your just kicking it down the road so someone younger than Cody can get made and Cody can still get his tittle. Which I think the better way to do that is to hang both belts in a ladder match and back Cody and Roman each pull one down at the same time so Roman saves his 1000 days but Cody gets his win over Roman and that can start romans decent into madness where he unravels and play oses the belts to rlwreslter X down the road. Bron, Dom, melo, theory, one of the creeds, Jay, solo or someone else

Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#232 » by Scott Hall » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:29 am

iMoreland wrote:
Read on Twitter

They got King of the Ring for this? yeah Vince is 100% back since he's a huge KOTR hater even though it helped
create some of his companies biggest stars :roll:

I was so hyped when HHH brought it back but got a bad taste in my mouth when it was just for a Saudi Arabia
show again. I don't know why they will never treat it with the respect and importance it deserves face palm.

But if their goal was to give someone the King or Queen gimmick immediately after like they're Jerry Lawler
then it can stay retired. Otherwise treat it like you did in the 90's.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#233 » by iMoreland » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:48 pm

WWE would be crazy to not have someone retire Goldberg. Gunther would be perfect for it.

Read on Twitter
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#234 » by gambitx777 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:52 am

iMoreland wrote:WWE would be crazy to not have someone retire Goldberg. Gunther would be perfect for it.

Read on Twitter
I don't think goldburg wants to loose his retirement matches that's probably why he's gonna do it else where cuz who's gonna loose to him that would matter in WWE. They should have breaker retire him or Gunther. But that's not in the cards

gambitx777
General Manager

Post#235 » by gambitx777 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:25 am

Personally I think WWE needs another show. I think they need a middle ground if raw and smack down are gonna be the two separate big leagues and NXT is developmental. They need a middle ground for guys who need out of next but need time away from main.

Like bring back nitro or ecw or make something new. They need a place for the Joe gacy, Dolph, appolo, Roddy strong, shinske, gargano tier guys. To go for a year or two do some different stuff and go back to main. Good stories and good matches for guys stuck in the middle either on the way up or on the way down. Put it on the CW and watch it pull dynamite numbers every week.
Give it a world tittle a tag or trip tittle a ladies belt and a mid card and watch it go. Then in a few years they can have some big surviver series match out of it.

Imagine shinske as ECW champ having banger matches with Dolph(leader of a group) a Heal gargano, a well worked out Joe gacy character, something different. They have the depth they have the farm system. They need another show.

iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#236 » by iMoreland » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:31 pm

I think with the introduction of a new world title they want to go back to a hard brand split with brand exclusive PPVs
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#237 » by Dominator83 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:12 am

gambitx777 wrote:Personally I think WWE needs another show. I think they need a middle ground if raw and smack down are gonna be the two separate big leagues and NXT is developmental. They need a middle ground for guys who need out of next but need time away from main.

Like bring back nitro or ecw or make something new. They need a place for the Joe gacy, Dolph, appolo, Roddy strong, shinske, gargano tier guys. To go for a year or two do some different stuff and go back to main. Good stories and good matches for guys stuck in the middle either on the way up or on the way down. Put it on the CW and watch it pull dynamite numbers every week.
Give it a world tittle a tag or trip tittle a ladies belt and a mid card and watch it go. Then in a few years they can have some big surviver series match out of it.

Imagine shinske as ECW champ having banger matches with Dolph(leader of a group) a Heal gargano, a well worked out Joe gacy character, something different. They have the depth they have the farm system. They need another show.

It's already a very over saturated product as is. Can't imagine it being even more than it already is. Not just WWE wrestling in general. Look at what we have now :

Monday Raw
Tuesday NXT and MLW
Wednesday dynamite
Thursday impact and new Japan
Friday Smackdown

Not including of course ppvs

WWE adding yet another show is way too much. Fans only have time for so much. Like personally I think NXT UK and 205 live were good shows. But nobody watched them.

What they could have or should have done at the time when they did the 2016 brand split , was turn raw at its core back into a 2 hour show 8pm-10, and have the 1st 7-8pm hour 205 live division. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone

gambitx777
General Manager

Post#238 » by gambitx777 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:47 am

Dominator83 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:Personally I think WWE needs another show. I think they need a middle ground if raw and smack down are gonna be the two separate big leagues and NXT is developmental. They need a middle ground for guys who need out of next but need time away from main.

It's already a very over saturated product as is. Can't imagine it being even more than it already is. Not just WWE wrestling in general. Look at what we have now :

Monday Raw
Tuesday NXT and MLW
Wednesday dynamite
Thursday impact and new Japan
Friday Smackdown

Not including of course ppvs

WWE adding yet another show is way too much. Fans only have time for so much. Like personally I think NXT UK and 205 live were good shows. But nobody watched them.

What they could have or should have done at the time when they did the 2016 brand split , was turn raw at its core back into a 2 hour show 8pm-10, and have the 1st 7-8pm hour 205 live division. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone
That doesn't really fix the main issue. They have too much talent that's not doing anything. No one watched 205 and uk cuz they weren't on TV. Over saturated maybe but there have always been tons of wrestling. If it's good is what matters and putting another 2 hour show out on a cable network like cwnuoull do better than are numbers. Make it good and people will watch it.

Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#239 » by Scott Hall » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:09 pm

Read on Twitter
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#240 » by tugs » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:36 am

It doesn't make sense that not all champions are drafted in the early rounds. Rhea? Really?

Return to Pro Wrestling