AEW All Out Discussion

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Re: AEW All Out Discussion 

Post#41 » by Lord Eder » Wed Sep 7, 2022 12:27 am

To me, the reason why I don’t think it’s a work is because it doesn’t really serve anything they’re doing right now. After All Out, the main event program is obviously MJF and Punk. So, why is Punk going in on the Bucks, Kenny and Hangman?

Unless MJF comes out on Wednesday and says ‘it was me, I was the leak, I got your boy Ace fired’ etc. then I don’t get it.
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#42 » by WRau1 » Wed Sep 7, 2022 2:01 am

Lord Eder wrote:To me, the reason why I don’t think it’s a work is because it doesn’t really serve anything they’re doing right now. After All Out, the main event program is obviously MJF and Punk. So, why is Punk going in on the Bucks, Kenny and Hangman?

Unless MJF comes out on Wednesday and says ‘it was me, I was the leak, I got your boy Ace fired’ etc. then I don’t get it.

Could be fodder for MJF promos v Punk, would make a ton of sense since MJF vowed to expose who Punk really is during their feud. Could be a way to transition Punk & FTR vs The Elite if/when Punk drops the title to MJF. Could be the start of having an authoritarian figure appointed or it all could be to sell a suspension because there were rumors that Punk is hurt again. Or setting up Page costing Punk the title. Million different things they could do from here. There's been some crazy good twitter theories and videos suggesting that this has been being set up for months.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,740

Post#43 » by gambitx777 » Wed Sep 7, 2022 2:43 am

I wouldn't be shocked if all of them didn't get released out right

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,083

Post#44 » by Dominator83 » Wed Sep 7, 2022 4:42 am

I still think it's to create buzz. I mean look at how much discussion is happening even here. This is the most I've seen AEW get talked about
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#45 » by Scott Hall » Wed Sep 7, 2022 6:45 am

jakecronus8 wrote:Love Punk standing up for himself and offering up receipts.

Say what you want about the guy but he’s willing to fight in a world of people who are make believe.

Completely agree with this...

You have Adam Page to borrow an old line from Gorilla Monsoon "Pearl Harbor" CM Punk on National TV.
The biggest star and biggest babyface who's still new to the company gets completely buried and made
out to be a cancer to the company. Not only does that break the "code" but it's damaging to not only Punks
brand but also AEW.

The owner of the company doesn't hold Page responsible for his actions and no apology is issued. Then you
have the EVP's who just happen to be besties with Adam Page spreading narratives to the media about Punk
using his stroke to keep Colt Cabana off of TV. Whether it's true or not why would EVP's of a company go out
of there way to publicly damage the companies biggest meal ticket? how moronic is that?

Wrestlers are independent contractors and business partners and CM Punk is getting dragged for stuff that
happened 8 years ago? he must really need the money to continue to do business with them but he's also
in a no win situation because if he quits people will make fun of him for being a quitter again. He really
was unfairly put into a no win situation and I applaud him for standing up for himself and offering receipts
because if you don't no one will. You can't let people walk all over you and take cheap shots without consequences.

What a complete dumpster fire AEW is even WCW was never THIS bad. Their horrible product on TV resembles
what's going on behind the scenes. 8 months and a week into the year of 2022 and we already have a guy who
helped start the company Cody Rhodes jump ship, the whole MJF drama, Thunder Rosa drama, Eddie vs. Sammy,
Malaki Black and Bobby Fish wanting out and this whole fiasco and that's only what we know about.

Speaking of MJF why is he feuding with CM Punk AGAIN? they just feuded a few months back. Also all the marks
are gonna cheer for MJF because he's back and it makes CM Punk look weak again feuding with him as evident
as all the cheers he got. CM Punk has another legit beef about that. If I was him I'd go the Cena neutral route if
they cheer you or boo you who cares as long as they make noise and buy tickets and watch the shows and you
stay true to your convictions.

But Tony Khan has made AEW as bad as his lowly Jacksonville Jaguars
WRau1
RealGM

Post#46 » by WRau1 » Wed Sep 7, 2022 11:19 am

So based on the series of events that have now (and if not a work) come out, I don't understand how Punk could be punished more than Hangman & BTE. Nothing happened to Hangman for essentially doing the exact same thing Punk did. Then apparently Punk injured himself again v Mox, Ace Steel's wife - who is recovering from broken a foot and has to use crutches was also in the dressing room when **** went down. I don't see Punk and Steel starting that fight with his injured wife and Punk also being injured. Very unlikely.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Lord Eder
General Manager

Post#47 » by Lord Eder » Wed Sep 7, 2022 1:07 pm

WRau1 wrote:
Lord Eder wrote:To me, the reason why I don’t think it’s a work is because it doesn’t really serve anything they’re doing right now. After All Out, the main event program is obviously MJF and Punk. So, why is Punk going in on the Bucks, Kenny and Hangman?

Could be fodder for MJF promos v Punk, would make a ton of sense since MJF vowed to expose who Punk really is during their feud. Could be a way to transition Punk & FTR vs The Elite if/when Punk drops the title to MJF. Could be the start of having an authoritarian figure appointed or it all could be to sell a suspension because there were rumors that Punk is hurt again. Or setting up Page costing Punk the title. Million different things they could do from here. There's been some crazy good twitter theories and videos suggesting that this has been being set up for months.

These are all interesting ideas to salvage this situation but I still think it's a shoot first and foremost. Apparently suspensions have been handed out to Kenny, The Bucks, Cutler, Pat Buck and Nakazawa. Punk and Steel also likely to be suspended but could also be let go from the company. I'd imagine this one is more delicate because I feel like if Ace Steel is throwing chairs, he should be fired, but then does Punk walk?

Also, I'd say the secondary reason why I don't believe it's a work is because everyone involved comes out of this looking dumb. Punk looks like a maniac, The Elite look like snakes, Tony Kahn looks like a pushover and AEW as a whole looks disfunctional AF. It's too much damage for simple feuds IMO. They could've set up those feuds down the line without poisoning themselves.
- Chuck Swirsky
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,324

Post#48 » by jakecronus8 » Wed Sep 7, 2022 1:55 pm

Definitely not a work. But at this point it would be behoove all parties involved to try and turn this into a money making angle. The damage is done so you need to try and at least get some sort of financial return from it.
Do it for Chuck
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,186

Post#49 » by heatwillbeback » Wed Sep 7, 2022 3:10 pm

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2022/09/07/aew-members-receive-suspensions-altercation-cm-punk-kenny-omega

Once Punk exited the press room, he exchanged words in a locker room with Omega and the Bucks, which led to a physical altercation. Punishment for that backstage fight, Sports Illustrated has learned, will include suspensions for every person involved. The list of those receiving suspensions includes Omega, Matt and Nick Jackson, Pat Buck, Christopher Daniels, Michael Nakazawa, and Brandon Cutler. Multiple sources have shared that Punk and Ace Steel will either be among those suspended, or will no longer be with the company by the end of Wednesday. Punk met with Khan on Tuesday, so the two had an opportunity to discuss how that exit could be handled.

I only quoted a small portion. Article goes into major depth.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#50 » by WRau1 » Wed Sep 7, 2022 6:17 pm

Apparently there were a handful of people not associated with AEW, Punk or BTE that saw the entire thing and AEW is waiting on them to make their statements. I guess Omega was supposed to leave w/ Page (after All Out) but obviously didn't.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#51 » by Dominator83 » Wed Sep 7, 2022 7:28 pm

Lord Eder wrote:
WRau1 wrote:

These are all interesting ideas to salvage this situation but I still think it's a shoot first and foremost. Apparently suspensions have been handed out to Kenny, The Bucks, Cutler, Pat Buck and Nakazawa. Punk and Steel also likely to be suspended but could also be let go from the company. I'd imagine this one is more delicate because I feel like if Ace Steel is throwing chairs, he should be fired, but then does Punk walk?

Also, I'd say the secondary reason why I don't believe it's a work is because everyone involved comes out of this looking dumb. Punk looks like a maniac, The Elite look like snakes, Tony Kahn looks like a pushover and AEW as a whole looks disfunctional AF. It's too much damage for simple feuds IMO. They could've set up those feuds down the line without poisoning themselves.

But again, look at the buzz this has created. Everybody and their mothers are talking about AEW right now.

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#52 » by Dominator83 » Wed Sep 7, 2022 7:31 pm

But I will say if this stuff is all legit and everybody including their champion is suspended, how do you explain all that? Tony Kahn is gonna have to pick off dynamite and just go full Paul Heyman and say "were not gonna lie to you like those other promotions, so and so isn't here because......."

WRau1
RealGM

Post#53 » by WRau1 » Wed Sep 7, 2022 7:58 pm

I'm always going to believe things like this are a work until I see someone (important) get fired. Anyways, if Khan, AEW and everyone involved can't put their **** aside to see how much great TV can come from this, they shouldn't be in the business.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Lord Eder
General Manager

Post#54 » by Lord Eder » Wed Sep 7, 2022 8:02 pm

Dominater wrote:
Lord Eder wrote:
WRau1 wrote:

But again, look at the buzz this has created. Everybody and their mothers are talking about AEW right now.

Absolutely lol, which is why I think it would be in everyone’s best interest to set aside their differences and make something of it.
- Chuck Swirsky
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#55 » by Dominator83 » Wed Sep 7, 2022 8:12 pm

Also I'm sure MJF is even more thrilled to be there now, lol. He always feels slighted because of his salary. Now he makes his big shocking return to close the PPV, and it's a complete afterthought now. In fact I can see Punk saying something about that in their next promo. "You returned after 3 months and afterwards nobody cared" :lol:

heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,186

Post#56 » by heatwillbeback » Wed Sep 7, 2022 8:22 pm

Read on Twitter

There was some talk of injury after the PPV. This could be the way to get the title off him without him appearing.

So I think we could see a resolution of the title without knowing how they will proceed with Punk down the road.
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#57 » by Dominator83 » Wed Sep 7, 2022 8:32 pm

heatwillbeback wrote:
Read on Twitter

There was some talk of injury after the PPV. This could be the way to get the title off him without him appearing.

So I think we could see a resolution of the title without knowing how they will proceed with Punk down the road.

Lame! Like I said Tony should just go full ECW Paul Heyman and shoot it straight as to why Punk is off TV.

Lord Eder
General Manager

Post#58 » by Lord Eder » Wed Sep 7, 2022 9:14 pm

Punk is a 2 time champion with a combined reign of 5 days lmao

What a disaster.
- Chuck Swirsky
WRau1
RealGM

Post#59 » by WRau1 » Wed Sep 7, 2022 9:21 pm

Father time is undefeated, might be time for Punk to hang em up.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#60 » by Paradise » Wed Sep 7, 2022 10:18 pm

Can I also add this would also be a perfect time for Tony Khan to assume the Vince McMahon role as TV personality and also look to hire a GM for the on air product?

I think you can likely spin this in several ways to upgrade the product while Triple H is doing the same.

Return to Pro Wrestling