WWE General Discussion III: Bigger! Better! Badder!

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,740

Re: WWE General Discussion III: Bigger! Better! Badder! 

Post#81 » by gambitx777 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:20 am

Dominater wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

Titus has always had the look and the charisma. How was he never pushed as a main event talent?
He does have a natural likability but charisma is a bit too kind. He was always pretty clunky on promos and was serviceable in the wrong at best.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#82 » by Scott Hall » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:10 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#83 » by iMoreland » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:56 pm

tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#84 » by tugs » Fri Jul 8, 2022 3:11 pm

$12M for 4 women, huh

Damn, Vince
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,249

Post#85 » by LLJ » Fri Jul 8, 2022 3:49 pm

That's probably more money than the combined salaries of the entire women's division

Vince has to go. But this is America, so you can't expect much accountability.
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#86 » by Scott Hall » Fri Jul 8, 2022 3:50 pm

Read on Twitter
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,082

Post#87 » by Dominator83 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:38 am

This new show rivalries is good , but I hate when they try and rewrite history.

They make it sound like prior to the screwjob, Bret's contract was running out and he was entering free agency. That's actually false! He hit free agency a year BEFORE the screwjob and signed a 20 year deal. Vince a year later right before the screwjob wanted out because at the time he couldn't pay talent a cool million a year. So they allowed him to call Bischoff to see if that offer from the year prior still stood and therefore took it.

This episode made it sound like that never happened and he naturally just hit free agency.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#88 » by Dominator83 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:15 pm

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Pantsman
Veteran
And1: 3,742

Post#89 » by Pantsman » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:25 pm

I thought if anyone could survive a sex scandal it would be Vince.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,017

Post#90 » by Stanford » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:42 pm

I know everyone has hated Vince for at least 15 years, but how are we feeling about Nick Khan being the guy deciding the direction of the company? Who the **** is Nick Khan
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#91 » by iMoreland » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:58 pm

Wow. Never thought he'd actually retire. Always thought he'd just pass away one day. Crazy.

He isn't perfect but he's literally the most impactful/influential person in pro wrestling history.
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,186

Post#92 » by heatwillbeback » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:06 pm

Stanford wrote:I know everyone has hated Vince for at least 15 years, but how are we feeling about Nick Khan being the guy deciding the direction of the company? Who the **** is Nick Khan

Looks like Khan and Steph co-ceo's. HHH back as well as EVP.

I have no knowledge other than what is being reported, but it sounds like Steph/Hunter will handle wrestling and Khan will handle the business aspects like he has in his prior role as President. TV deals and the such- thats all Nick Khan.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,764

Post#93 » by spykelee » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:35 pm

Wow, I too thought just one day he'd pass away and never retire... As said earlier, the most influential and impactful guy in wrestling history. Has to be on the Mt Rushmore, celebrity ring maybe

And yea I wouldn't have been surprised at this 10 years ago when me too started. I mean Vince used to be one of the boys out on the road getting into more trouble than anybody. But he's been around some of the most beautiful women for 25 years, to happen now with incidents that are relatively recent is kinda surprising. Love having H in charge of talent relations and... Anyone other than Vince calling the shots. Was talk of possibly going to 14+ a bit ago. Yes pls! It's hard to take a sport like wrestling serious when it's rated PG.

Sent from my SM-N975W using RealGM mobile app
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#94 » by tugs » Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:26 am

Thoughts on which wrestlers would be greatly impacted by the management change? Black and Gold NXT alumni?
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,186

Post#95 » by heatwillbeback » Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:33 am

tugs wrote:Thoughts on which wrestlers would be greatly impacted by the management change? Black and Gold NXT alumni?

Im thinking of a few guys who left- Gargano and Kross.

Of the guys there, Ciampa and Balor immediately come to mind.

Riddle was also a reported HHH favorite, but he is heading to the moon regardless.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,586

Post#96 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:21 am

I'd say KO is a good candidate to benefit
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#97 » by Dominator83 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:17 am

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2022/07/update-on-max-dupris-status-with-wwe/

Well now we know how bad that angle is gonna flop. If anyone could have gotten that over, it's Eli Drake.

Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#98 » by Scott Hall » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:28 am

Having some time to digest the news...

All I have to say is I won't believe Vince is fully gone from calling the shots until I see major differences
in the WWE product. Vince still has majority stakes and is the owner of the company. If he doesn't see
something he likes or doesn't want someone pushed I'm sure he will influence Stephanie, HHH and Bruce.
I can't imagine them ignoring everything he has to say now.

Replying to some topics in the discussion here...

As for Nick Khan he's the one that got the WWE on FOX which was a huge deal and worth a ton of money.
He's also the one that got the WWE Network on Peacock and got the company an easy 1 billion dollars. I also
heard something on a Podcast yesterday (maybe Cornettes) that he is the one that brought in guys like
Bad Bunny and Logan Paul into WWE with his connections. One of the biggest reasons WWE has been making
record profits despite having an all-time worse product during a pandemic is because of Nick Khans connections.

As for TV-14 I'm not exactly sure what will change with that especially in todays climate. Are we gonna have
more sexual storylines after the boss just stepped down after a sexual scandal where people are expecting
more details to come out and it gets more ugly? are they gonna do more racial stuff in todays world with
tensions high? are they gonna incorporate more hardcore Wrestling when they've been struggling with the
injury bug lately? It's hard to blame recent struggles on it being a PG product when the WWF became a global
phenomenon during the 80's/early 90's during the Golden Era/Hulkamania Era which was all PG. Granted the
80's and early 90's was a completely different place where now you can say society/The fans are the heels unlike
back then.

The debacle with The Judgment Day and now Maximum Male Models is the latest reasons why Vince had/has to
go immediately I can't believe he would even screw that up. The "even a broken clock is right twice a day" analogy
came true with WWE creative and they still botched it. If only the scandal was 6 months ago. As for Eli Drake he
was doing so great in that role which is not an easy character to pull off but I thought he understood the game better
at his age and finally getting a big break. He should know by now to not ruffle any feathers and be challenging
Vince on scripts etc. when he's just a new rookie on the main roster waaaay to early for that you gotta get over
with Vince first before you start challenging him and pissing him off.
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#99 » by Dominator83 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:56 am

Scott Hall wrote:Having some time to digest the news...

All I have to say is I won't believe Vince is fully gone from calling the shots until I see major differences
in the WWE product. Vince still has majority stakes and is the owner of the company. If he doesn't see
something he likes or doesn't want someone pushed I'm sure he will influence Stephanie, HHH and Bruce.

As for Nick Khan he's the one that got the WWE on FOX which was a huge deal and worth a ton of money.
He's also the one that got the WWE Network on Peacock and got the company an easy 1 billion dollars. I also
heard something on a Podcast yesterday (maybe Cornettes) that he is the one that brought in guys like
Bad Bunny and Logan Paul into WWE with his connections. One of the biggest reasons WWE has been making
record profits despite having an all-time worse product during a pandemic is because of Nick Khans connections.

As for TV-14 I'm not exactly sure what will change with that especially in todays climate. Are we gonna have
more sexual storylines after the boss just stepped down after a sexual scandal where people are expecting
more details to come out and it gets more ugly? are they gonna do more racial stuff in todays world with
tensions high? are they gonna incorporate more hardcore Wrestling when they've been struggling with the
injury bug lately? It's hard to blame recent struggles on it being a PG product when the WWF became a global
phenomenon during the 80's/early 90's during the Golden Era/Hulkamania Era which was all PG. Granted the
80's and early 90's was a completely different place where now you can say society/The fans are the heels unlike
back then.

The debacle with The Judgment Day and now Maximum Male Models is the latest reasons why Vince had/has to
go immediately I can't believe he would even screw that up. The "even a broken clock is right twice a day" analogy
came true with WWE creative and they still botched it. If only the scandal was 6 months ago. As for Eli Drake he
was doing so great in that role which is not an easy character to pull off but I thought he understood the game better
at his age and finally getting a big break. He should know by now to not ruffle any feathers and be challenging
Vince on scripts etc. when he's just a new rookie on the main roster waaaay to early for that you gotta get over

Yea I have my doubts until the old man dies. Some signs we will see immediately. Things like guys still having half names, words being banned, etc. Especially considering that a guy like HHH is a wrestling purist. I really don't think he'll not say wrestler on his own merit

Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#100 » by Scott Hall » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:28 pm

Dominater wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:Having some time to digest the news...

back then.

Yea I have my doubts until the old man dies. Some signs we will see immediately. Things like guys still having half names, words being banned, etc. Especially considering that a guy like HHH is a wrestling purist. I really don't think he'll not say wrestler on his own merit

I guess we're about to find out :D

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Return to Pro Wrestling