And1: 2,946

WWE SmackDown Discussion II 

Post#1 » by iMoreland » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:28 pm

iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Re: WWE SmackDown Discussion II 

Post#2 » by iMoreland » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:15 am

Just got back from SD in DC. Overall a solid show.

Biggest pop of the night was BY FAR Orton's surprise RKO. The arena went f***ing bonkers. Usos had a pretty big pop as well.

Main event was weird. KO was on the ground for a solid 10 minutes, a stretcher came out but he still layed there for another 10 minutes. Not sure what was going on with that but the AJ/Sami match was pretty good.

Entrances are a completely different feel live. I'd recommend going to see a show just for entrances alone.
bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Post#3 » by bestnamezRtaken » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:19 pm

It was a solid show. Sami and AJ put on a damn good match. I wouldn't mind seeing them go at it during a PPV to hopefully get an even better match. That pop for the RKO was legit tho. Holy damn, easily the biggest of the year I'd say.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#4 » by improper » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:53 pm

iMoreland wrote:Main event was weird. KO was on the ground for a solid 10 minutes, a stretcher came out but he still layed there for another 10 minutes. Not sure what was going on with that but the AJ/Sami match was pretty good.

Owens is nursing a minor injury and has been held out of matches at house shows, so likely they made his match with AJ quick so that he could appear on the show but not take any major bumps heading into the Rumble, where he will absolutely wrestle.

The stuff with him waiting for the medics was obviously just buying time until the end of match angle where AJ got distracted trying to hurt KO and it cost him the match.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#5 » by WRau1 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:55 pm

That RKO was awesome and I'm not even close to an Orton fan. I was disappointed that after the RKO, Orton didn't bust out his jumping split leg toe touch fist pump celebration thingy. That would've made it perfect.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by improper » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:25 pm

WRau1 wrote:That RKO was awesome and I'm not even close to an Orton fan. I was disappointed that after the RKO, Orton didn't bust out his jumping split leg toe touch fist pump celebration thingy. That would've made it perfect.

A shame Michael Cole wasn't on commentary, because it would have been one of the few times he actually correctly called an RKO outta nowhere. :lol:

Cole, it's not outta nowhere every damn time he delivers the move.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,047

Post#7 » by loserX » Wed Feb 7, 2018 7:53 pm

No posts in this thread for two weeks :lol:

The whole Sami/KO/Styles scenario seems like a microcosm of a lot of the WWE's problematic thinking. They know these guys (and DB, and to some extent Shane) are the biggest draws on the roster...so every week is just the same guys doing the same thing, over and over and over and over and over for months.

We get some great matches out of it but the booking is killing its own heat. Last night's ending, where we follow up a Sami/KO showdown with a triple threat announcement, felt calculated to get a huge pop and it just didn't. You could almost hear the fans thinking "...again"?
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by improper » Wed Feb 7, 2018 8:03 pm

loserX wrote:No posts in this thread for two weeks :lol:

The whole Sami/KO/Styles scenario seems like a microcosm of a lot of the WWE's problematic thinking. They know these guys (and DB, and to some extent Shane) are the biggest draws on the roster...so every week is just the same guys doing the same thing, over and over and over and over and over for months.

We get some great matches out of it but the booking is killing its own heat. Last night's ending, where we follow up a Sami/KO showdown with a triple threat announcement, felt calculated to get a huge pop and it just didn't. You could almost hear the fans thinking "...again"?

Even NXT has fallen into that, where you'd have the same NXT Championship match for two to three Takeovers in a row in the past. Thankfully they've gotten away from that, though. It really kills interest in programs.

The issue with WWE is they do it with basically every damn feud. It's hard to care about this Owens/Zayn/Styles angle because we know Styles is going into 'Mania as the champ, so this feud is just spinning the wheels. If it was a one or two month angle, that would be fine, but this has been going on for so goddamn long that I don't even remember how it started.
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#9 » by Flames24Rulz » Wed Feb 7, 2018 8:25 pm

It's amazing how far SD has fallen since the brand split. It's borderline unwatchable right now.
bestnamezRtaken
Senior

Post#10 » by bestnamezRtaken » Thu Feb 8, 2018 1:29 pm

I'm looking forward to an Usos/Bludgeon Brothers feud. I think Harper and Rowan have looked strong, looked dominating, and are believable as a dominating tag team. I definitely feel it should be the Bludgeon Brothers that dethrone the Usos.

That's been my favorite part of SmackDown as of late. The Styles/KO/Sami thing is getting stale but I'm being patient and giving it the benefit of the doubt.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by iMoreland » Thu Feb 8, 2018 4:03 pm

Why

Read on Twitter
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by improper » Thu Feb 8, 2018 7:00 pm

iMoreland wrote:Why

Read on Twitter

bestnamezRtaken
Senior

Post#13 » by bestnamezRtaken » Thu Feb 8, 2018 8:11 pm

So Ziggler/Corbin can take the pin so Kevin and Sami don't have to. Clearly why.

loserX
And1: 26,047

Post#14 » by loserX » Thu Feb 8, 2018 8:55 pm

Also I think the "unexpected end to SD Live" was the crowd/"universe" clearly not giving a crap about the triple threat announcement.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by improper » Thu Feb 8, 2018 9:34 pm

loserX wrote:Also I think the "unexpected end to SD Live" was the crowd/"universe" clearly not giving a crap about the triple threat announcement.

It's hard to care about the Zayn/Owens/Styles feud because it's basically a 100% certainty that Styles is walking in to 'Mania as the champ to face off against Nakamura, so this feud is basically spinning the wheels and has no drama. It's also seemingly been going on for six months, so it's hard to care any more. You can only shove the same feud down our throats for so long and have it work.

I do wish they would have just given the title match to Zayn. Would have loved to see a Zayn/Styles match headline a PPV and actually be given time to be awesome. Those are arguably the two best overall performers in the company, especially now that Sami has proven his chops as a smarmy d-bag heel, something I wasn't sure he had in him.
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#16 » by Wo1verine » Fri Feb 9, 2018 9:46 pm

bestnamezRtaken wrote:So Ziggler/Corbin can take the pin so Kevin and Sami don't have to. Clearly why.

Exactly why Kane was in the Lesnar vs. Braun match lol
BrunoSkull
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#17 » by Flames24Rulz » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:43 pm

New Day is beyond stale. Please turn them all against each other for WM.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,764

Post#18 » by spykelee » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:53 am

Flames24Rulz wrote:New Day is beyond stale. Please turn them all against each other for WM.

Couldnt agree more, I just coming here to post this. There run is over. The Pancakes have crossed that line of too stupid. Big E deserves a bit more of a look in a singles career and Kofi and Xavier... who cares
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,585

Post#19 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:52 am

loserX wrote:No posts in this thread for two weeks :lol:

I think it should've ended with this big announcement, Styles standing in the middle of the ring to seemingly end the show. Then RKO out of nowhere.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by iMoreland » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:23 am

Benjamin/Gable vs New Day in a #1 Contender's match tonight, uh, did they forget about Harper/Rowan again? Unless they're gonna interfere or something

Return to Pro Wrestling