Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

WWE TLC Discussion 

Post#1 » by iMoreland » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:12 am

Aleister Black vs Buddy Murphy

Baron Corbin vs Roman Reigns — Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match

Bobby Lashley vs Rusev — Tables Match

Bray Wyatt vs The Miz

The Kabuki Warriors (c) vs Becky Lynch & Charlotte Flair — Women's Tag Team Championship Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match

The New Day (c) vs The Revival — SmackDown Tag Team Championship Ladder Match

The Viking Raiders (c) vs ??? — Raw Tag Team Championship Match
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Re: WWE TLC Discussion 

Post#2 » by Spens1 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:58 am

This looks absolutely dire.

Also Miz needs to turn heel again (some people are just never meant to be face).

Only match i'm actually excited about is Black vs Murphy, the rest of the card can get stuffed to be honest.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#3 » by improper » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:03 pm

I could not possibly care less about that card unless every match featured Corbin.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,083

Post#4 » by Dominator83 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:10 pm

They really need to cut the PPVs down to bi-monthly
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by improper » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:11 am

Dominater wrote:They really need to cut the PPVs down to bi-monthly

What they really need is for Vince to retire.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#6 » by JohnPferdelack » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:34 am

Opener was good!
In the kick-off show we saw the split between zelina and andrade.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,017

Post#7 » by Stanford » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:45 am

Kairi is my second favorite wrestler ever. I'm sure of it.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#8 » by JohnPferdelack » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:48 am

PPV is until now, solid.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#9 » by Spens1 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:34 am

That PPV took a turn for the worst fast.

I think it safe to say, unless the Revival are getting seven figures (each) they're AEW bound (its for the best).

Also Baron Cobin is just a big Matt Taven. Sure he draws heat, but its X-Pac heat (i don't want to see him being beat up, i want to change the damn channel every time he's on tv).
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,249

Post#10 » by LLJ » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:31 am

Kairi seemed to have been concussed and the match flew off the rails after that.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#11 » by Spens1 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:54 am

LLJ wrote:Kairi seemed to have been concussed and the match flew off the rails after that.

Yeah honestly the ref should have made a call and change it up on the spot (have Asuka get a roll-up or do something and get the finish there).

Though Charlotte is getting up there in major botches (which shouldn't be happening for someone as good as she is in the ring).
Spens1
RealGM

Post#12 » by Spens1 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:59 am

Though I shouldn't exclude the botch Murphy hit. What on earth was that (though it did kind of add to Black looking badass).

Oh yeah, WWE, please release Andrade if you guys are going to have Humberto of all people go over, seriously, Andrade should be a top contender (or at the very worst, an upper mid carder). Not losing to a charismaless wonder. La Sombra in AEW, New Japan, Impact, AAA, CMLL, just about anywhere would be better than whatever the hell he's been doing in the last few months.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#13 » by Stanford » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:10 pm

Oh! We're still using X-Pac heat, I see. Okay, whatever.
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#14 » by Flames24Rulz » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:48 pm

Stanford wrote:Oh! We're still using X-Pac heat, I see. Okay, whatever.

I don't think X-Pac heat is the right description for Corbin's reaction. Maybe Del Rio heat? I'm trying to think of the last time a prominent heel had 'heat' for just being a rather boring character.

Obviously it's Corbin's job as a heel to get negative reactions and to be the bad guy. I think the main problem is he gets negative reactions, not so much because of him being a bad guy, but rather how boring his whole "run" has been. Also, WWE loves beating things to death, so I'm not surprised they're still going to continue with this Reigns-Corbin feud for at least a little while longer.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,047

Post#15 » by loserX » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:14 pm

Just reading the results today. Was there really ANOTHER double count-out at a PPV? What is up with this?
LLJ
RealGM

Post#16 » by LLJ » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:46 pm

Spens1 wrote:
LLJ wrote:Kairi seemed to have been concussed and the match flew off the rails after that.

Yeah honestly the ref should have made a call and change it up on the spot (have Asuka get a roll-up or do something and get the finish there).

Though Charlotte is getting up there in major botches (which shouldn't be happening for someone as good as she is in the ring).

I think the only way to win was to climb the ladder. Becky and Asuka were pretty much talking whenever they could to find a way to get to the ending as logically as possible while protecting Kairi from doing anything else. It was weird. Charlotte didn't seem to be aware of what was going on, the refs were clueless...just a crazy mess
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#17 » by Stanford » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:29 pm

It looked to me like Becky realized Kairi was out almost immediately. She was in constant communication with her for the remainder of the match. It also looked like it took an unusually long amount of time to get the message to Charlotte. I would guess that they did change the plan at that point, to protect Kairi while allowing for the match to continue.

It's difficult to make any real claims about what happened or place any blame. It's possible that all parties did the best they could and Kairi wasn't injured any further after the initial incident. I just don't know.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by improper » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:43 pm

I filled out the KIA and still forgot this show was on last night.

Granted, part of that was probably the weed, but still.
LLJ
RealGM

Post#19 » by LLJ » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:50 pm

Stanford wrote:It looked to me like Becky realized Kairi was out almost immediately. She was in constant communication with her for the remainder of the match. It also looked like it took an unusually long amount of time to get the message to Charlotte. I would guess that they did change the plan at that point, to protect Kairi while allowing for the match to continue.

It's difficult to make any real claims about what happened or place any blame. It's possible that all parties did the best they could and Kairi wasn't injured any further after the initial incident. I just don't know.

i think the original idea was probably that Becky would be on the ladder and Kairi would pull the rope and the ladder down and Asuka would scale it after that or climb a second ladder. But because Kairi was hurt, Asuka ended up taking a lot of Kairi's spots, like getting thrown out of the ring by Becky and then also pulling on the rope herself and then setting the ladder up again. It was hilariously abrupt and anticlimactic.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#20 » by Spens1 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:17 am

I mean there isn't really many ways you can defend Charlotte to be honest (even though 80% of the blame is on the refs). Either she's an idiot for not realising her opponent is injured (as she had plenty of opportunity) or she didn't care (cause she put her through a table and got stiff when she didn't sell).

She's not a rookie, she's wrestled for like 6-7 years at least and is supposed to be one of the best in the world, there is no excuse to not work safe when that should be priority one for all professionals in the industry.

and the refs, oh boy, they should be legitimately fired for being that stupid. You literally should be able to see her stumbling around, go do your job and see if she's ok one, then two, talk to everyone involved, get Kairi the hell out of the match and have Asuka do something at the end, get the titles and then get Kairi actual treatment.

Return to Pro Wrestling